IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thank you!
I got retired at the end of June 2020. It seems to have stuck. I'm not convinced I like it. I just started trying to learn Spanish to keep my mind going. I don't think I'll be going back to work.
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New All right!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Learn to enjoy it
Find a brain dead hobby like woodworking. Something to keep you going without thinking too hard while you work with your hands and get a feeling of accomplishment.

I haven't programmed in years. I enjoy being stupid.

Figure out what your attention span is. Mine is about 12 minutes. When I'm flipping YouTube videos I usually will settle on something from 10 to 15 minutes. If it doesn't hook me in the first 30 seconds though I bounce. I can kill a whole day doing that. And it's okay.
New Double post
Find a brain dead hobby like woodworking. Something to keep you going without thinking too hard while you work with your hands and get a feeling of accomplishment.

I haven't programmed in years. I enjoy being stupid.

Figure out what your attention span is. Mine is about 12 minutes. When I'm flipping YouTube videos I usually will settle on something from 10 to 15 minutes. If it doesn't hook me in the first 30 seconds though I bounce. I can kill a whole day doing that. And it's okay.
Expand Edited by crazy Dec. 28, 2022, 05:41:33 AM EST
     Merry Christmas! -NT - (drook) - (19)
         Re: Merry Christmas! - (hnick) - (6)
             Good to see you, and everyone. - (Another Scott)
             And a happy birthday to you! (just a couple dayus before Christmas) - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                 Thank you! - (hnick) - (3)
                     All right! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                     Learn to enjoy it - (crazy)
                     Double post - (crazy)
         A delightful Sol Invictus to all of you - (Andrew Grygus)
         Belated, but heartfelt: Thanks, and same to everyone! -NT - (CRConrad)
         And I would typically echo that - (crazy) - (9)
             had a 18" plastic tree for 20 years or so. easier on and off -NT - (boxley)
             Thing #1's boyfriend was supposed to be here 5 pm Christmas Eve - (drook) - (2)
                 Open question - (crazy) - (1)
                     Eww, no, why would we go to Jersey? - (drook)
             Overall, not too bad in the Northeast - (scoenye) - (4)
                 The temperature low at home here in South Carolina was 9 degrees F. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                     SC at 9°? Holy s*** - (crazy)
                     Sometime in the winter of 92/93 - (scoenye) - (1)
                         Drove a heatless Dodge for a year in NJ 4 years ago - (crazy)

Is this how you were? Because I said, "As you were," and I don't think this is how you were.
52 ms