IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hey Drook, about to do your standing rib roast recipe
How long until I start checking the temp? It'll be four ribs wide from room temperature. Yes I will have a probe in at all times but it's on a different floor so how long before I have to start hitting the steps?
New Also, Bing finds you but Google does not
New What search terms?
So how did it turn out?
--

Drew
New How to cook like your grandmother standing rib roast
If Google gave it to me I didn't see it. When I tried from Bing it was the first link off the top.

Best prime rib I ever had. Best cowboy steak I ever had when I ate the edge. Others agree.
New Hmm, #1 on duckduckgo
I'll bet if I make a trivial change and update it I'll show up again.

Oh, and wait until you do the leftovers. Slice a half-inch thick slab, fry on high heat just until browned on each side with some onions in the pan, and put on a roll with cheese.
--

Drew
New Never mind
It took about 3 hours before it hit the temperature to start watching.

Note: variation of recipe. I wasn't sure if I had enough fat or too much fat so I just covered it with a pound of bacon. Then after 3 hours when it hit the correct temperature I pulled the bacon off and let the Maillard reaction happen. The bacon I will save for later.

Edit: changed caramelization to maillard, silly me
Expand Edited by crazy Dec. 8, 2020, 08:52:49 AM EST
New Re: maillard
Never saw the word before and had to look it up!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New The cornerstone of meat flavor.
But when I was rambling I was just thinking brown and that's sugar caramelizing and then I reread it and went no that's maliard. Yeah meat has very little flavor without it.
New As per your recipe, the bones are mine
But I'm eating them for breakfast. Preheat the air fryer to 400°. 5 minutes a side for the multiple bones in package. Then split them out, turn them sideways to expose the red area, another 5 minutes.

Oh my Lord I have never had beef bones. Sure I've chewed one on a steak but this is different.
New Ssssshhhhhh!!!!! Not so loud, I'm trying to keep that a secret.
--

Drew
New We're picking ours up tomorrow
We're going for a 3- or 4-bone, just going to be the 6 of us. And this year, after 22 years of suggesting it, we're finally doing my childhood tradition: Big dinner on Christmas Eve, then on Christmas Day we stay in pajamas all day, have leftovers for brunch, and order Chinese for dinner.
--

Drew
New just going to let it rest in the fridge or a marinade in order?
waiting for the sale price before I get mine. If it doesnt pop soon will drive to alabama and hit a publix
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
Expand Edited by boxley Dec. 10, 2020, 03:00:16 PM EST
New Doesn't need a marinade IMO
--

Drew
New Heh, a Sweetie is sending a gustatory gift..
thus can cancel the fol-de-rol from creation --> dishwashing (next day?)

Win/win. Here, a One who keeps waiting for a StarTrek Replicator
(via decades not-spent at a stove: ..often enough) :-)

Made a recipe though: 'faux-crab' (that species of fish favored for that purpose, Hake?)
Chopped bread&butter pickles, chopped bell-pepper, diced croissant, other veggies + Mayo.
Surprisingly tasty, simple.

(Not apt to be on menu at local Billionaires' Club), The French Laundry nor L'Ousteau-de-Baumaniere
     Hey Drook, about to do your standing rib roast recipe - (crazy) - (13)
         Also, Bing finds you but Google does not -NT - (crazy) - (3)
             What search terms? - (drook) - (2)
                 How to cook like your grandmother standing rib roast - (crazy) - (1)
                     Hmm, #1 on duckduckgo - (drook)
         Never mind - (crazy) - (2)
             Re: maillard - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 The cornerstone of meat flavor. - (crazy)
         As per your recipe, the bones are mine - (crazy) - (1)
             Ssssshhhhhh!!!!! Not so loud, I'm trying to keep that a secret. -NT - (drook)
         We're picking ours up tomorrow - (drook) - (3)
             just going to let it rest in the fridge or a marinade in order? - (boxley) - (1)
                 Doesn't need a marinade IMO -NT - (drook)
             Heh, a Sweetie is sending a gustatory gift.. - (Ashton)

GAWD have these people never used SOFTWARE before!!!!!!!!!!
131 ms