IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Identity Crisis!
A lot of "Celtic Witches" will be in deep denial as this knowledge spreads.

The Irish are not Celts.

Probably not the Welsh or Scots either.

The Bretons are questionable too, especially since their language was brought from Britain, not from the Continent.

The DNA of modern Irish predates the first evidence of Celts in central Europe by hundreds of years, at least. The Irish are of a people that migrated from the Black Sea region long before there were any Celts.

This has been shown by analysis of three skeletons found under an Irish tavern. They were in good enough condition to accurately date and recover readable DNA. The DNA matches the modern Irish, but predates the Celts.

Also, researchers are now fairly certain the "Celtic" languages of Ireland, Scotland and Western Europe originated along the Atlantic coast, and predate the language of the Celts themselves - though they belong to the same general branch of Indo-European languages. Evidence from Iberia is thought pretty strong.

It is now believed the Celts never got to Ireland at all, and perhaps not to any of the British Isles. The Vikings did though, and Viking DNA is found in the Irish population.

This new evidence is in agreement with other recent research on these subjects, and so strong it has been accepted even by those who's books on the Irish people now need serious revision.

A good article on the subject, though not the one I learned about this from:
Washington Post.
New !! ... back to Square one, as supports my thesis that..
The Drumpff-clan aberrations derive from a spore not-unlike that movie plot, The Andromeda Strain
(except that we're seeing that--focussing-in --> [●],
the planet of origin's Name derives from our Hell, that which we thought purest ugly-fantasy.

Need more research ..maybe a Grant from the knuttiest-found amidst the Repo- oligarchs? ..always Up for Cockamamie-in-all its Forms.

Carrion ... (perhaps Hell's moon's sobriquet? in Hell-speak)
Ve must keep a stiff upper-lisp! when facing Mr. Anus-mouth (while well masked).
New A celt by any other name...
I daresay this will mean that the British "celts" will still own their history et al, but they'll just have the "wrong" name for a little while until another is found.

Wade.
New Yes, their history will certainly remain intact.
Atlantic "Celtic" will simply be separated from European Celtic in concept and literature.

Atlantic and European Celts do share some elements of culture, but that's not definitive. For instance, the Romans knew who was a Celt and who was a German, and for sure the Celts and Germans knew which was which, but archaeologists can't tell, because the durable parts of art and culture were so very similar.
New My daughter was just asking the other day ...
"Why are the Boston Celtics pronounced 'seltics' and not 'keltics'?" and I didn't have any answer. Do you?
--

Drew
New Glasgow Celtic Football Club is also pronounced that way.
New Nobody does - it just happened, and it can't be fixed now.
Probably, the folks who founded, and those that followed the team, just had no idea how to pronounce it. Irish Americans probably didn't know either - they were Irish, not Celtic. This uppity educated stuff came later (it did come, didn't it?).
New Re: "from above the Black Sea"
Today, that's Ukraine.

National Geographic, the printed edition of August 2019 which I have, had an article called "Who Were The First Europeans?". Unfortunately, a paywall blocks the link.

Anyway, the area above the Black Sea that is Ukraine and extending into the part of Russia just North of the Caspian Sea is called Yamnaya homeland. The Yamnaya were the third wave of Humans to enter and spread around Europe.

The first wave were the Hunter-gatherers from Africa some 45,000 years ago.

The second wave were the Neolithic farmers from the Fertile Crescent (now Syria, Iraq, and Turkey) and made it to Greece about 6800 BC, Ukraine 6300 BC, Spain and France 5200 BC, the British Isles and Scandinavia 4000 BC.

The third wave from Yamnaya, got to Romania about 3300 BC, Poland 2900 BC, Scandinavia 2800 BC, Southern Alps 2500 BC, British Isles and Spain 2200 BC. The DNA profile of Norwegians is over 50% Yamnaya, the French and English are about 40% Yamnaya.

The Yamnaya introduced horses and wagons to Europe.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Succinctly the best l o n g - (useful!) historical summary seen in ..years :-)
New re your Title: Menace has catalyzed countless refurbs-of-old whine (in same old bottles)
Ex:
Gender matters, LGBT+variants like, Radical Monarchs replacing girl-Scout Brownies
... how to deal with the angst /prejudice and just plain malicious iggerance they'd find in
the Traditional troops /troupes? (tropes).

There're n+1 opportunities left, cllearly:

1) Defining origins of macho and related testosterone problems from maybe Neanderthal times.
2) What does wealth Mean? ..beyond mechanical greed based on Moar-Every-Year, forever.
3) Open listicle.

Tally Ho!
Maybe there will be bonuses helping cancel-out these last 3.5 years of pig-ignorant group-insanity
(But I insist on the pissoir addition beside Menaces's faux-gilded tombstone)--via National referendum, say?
New Picts, everyone knows that
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Picts or GTFO
--

Drew
New Re: Picts or GTFO
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Excellent
--

Drew
New Ain't that a Peach of "a pair" ?!
New The Picts were restricted to parts of Scotland.
They apparently spoke local versions of a "Celtic" language closely related to Brittonic.

The Pictish languages went extinct in the 11th century, replaced by Gaelic and the Pictish identity had completely faded away by that time.
New They didn't become pictsies? :-D
Okay, okay, I'll see myself out...
New {Well ..they were dePicted that way} ;^>
New Actually, they got Pixtelated until unrecognizable.
New My favorite pictsie has always been Tinker Bell.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New And if you would like to hear what Pink Floyd thought picts sounded like
https://youtu.be/ICbbPSXUAmY

I suggest high quality speakers, or loud isolating headphones. Enjoy the ride.

Just went for a relisten. Wow, it's been about 10 years. I just love the argument at the end.

And the wen craig nackle.
Expand Edited by crazy July 24, 2020, 01:57:04 PM EDT
     Identity Crisis! - (Andrew Grygus) - (20)
         !! ... back to Square one, as supports my thesis that.. - (Ashton)
         A celt by any other name... - (static) - (1)
             Yes, their history will certainly remain intact. - (Andrew Grygus)
         My daughter was just asking the other day ... - (drook) - (2)
             Glasgow Celtic Football Club is also pronounced that way. -NT - (pwhysall)
             Nobody does - it just happened, and it can't be fixed now. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Re: "from above the Black Sea" - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Succinctly the best l o n g - (useful!) historical summary seen in ..years :-) -NT - (Ashton)
         re your Title: Menace has catalyzed countless refurbs-of-old whine (in same old bottles) - (Ashton)
         Picts, everyone knows that -NT - (boxley) - (10)
             Picts or GTFO -NT - (drook) - (3)
                 Re: Picts or GTFO - (boxley) - (2)
                     Excellent -NT - (drook)
                     Ain't that a Peach of "a pair" ?! -NT - (Ashton)
             The Picts were restricted to parts of Scotland. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                 They didn't become pictsies? :-D - (static) - (3)
                     {Well ..they were dePicted that way} ;^> -NT - (Ashton)
                     Actually, they got Pixtelated until unrecognizable. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                     My favorite pictsie has always been Tinker Bell. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 And if you would like to hear what Pink Floyd thought picts sounded like - (crazy)

This is immediately dreadful.
111 ms