IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: "from above the Black Sea"
Today, that's Ukraine.

National Geographic, the printed edition of August 2019 which I have, had an article called "Who Were The First Europeans?". Unfortunately, a paywall blocks the link.

Anyway, the area above the Black Sea that is Ukraine and extending into the part of Russia just North of the Caspian Sea is called Yamnaya homeland. The Yamnaya were the third wave of Humans to enter and spread around Europe.

The first wave were the Hunter-gatherers from Africa some 45,000 years ago.

The second wave were the Neolithic farmers from the Fertile Crescent (now Syria, Iraq, and Turkey) and made it to Greece about 6800 BC, Ukraine 6300 BC, Spain and France 5200 BC, the British Isles and Scandinavia 4000 BC.

The third wave from Yamnaya, got to Romania about 3300 BC, Poland 2900 BC, Scandinavia 2800 BC, Southern Alps 2500 BC, British Isles and Spain 2200 BC. The DNA profile of Norwegians is over 50% Yamnaya, the French and English are about 40% Yamnaya.

The Yamnaya introduced horses and wagons to Europe.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Succinctly the best l o n g - (useful!) historical summary seen in ..years :-)
     Identity Crisis! - (Andrew Grygus) - (20)
         !! ... back to Square one, as supports my thesis that.. - (Ashton)
         A celt by any other name... - (static) - (1)
             Yes, their history will certainly remain intact. - (Andrew Grygus)
         My daughter was just asking the other day ... - (drook) - (2)
             Glasgow Celtic Football Club is also pronounced that way. -NT - (pwhysall)
             Nobody does - it just happened, and it can't be fixed now. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Re: "from above the Black Sea" - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Succinctly the best l o n g - (useful!) historical summary seen in ..years :-) -NT - (Ashton)
         re your Title: Menace has catalyzed countless refurbs-of-old whine (in same old bottles) - (Ashton)
         Picts, everyone knows that -NT - (boxley) - (10)
             Picts or GTFO -NT - (drook) - (3)
                 Re: Picts or GTFO - (boxley) - (2)
                     Excellent -NT - (drook)
                     Ain't that a Peach of "a pair" ?! -NT - (Ashton)
             The Picts were restricted to parts of Scotland. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                 They didn't become pictsies? :-D - (static) - (3)
                     {Well ..they were dePicted that way} ;^> -NT - (Ashton)
                     Actually, they got Pixtelated until unrecognizable. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                     My favorite pictsie has always been Tinker Bell. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 And if you would like to hear what Pink Floyd thought picts sounded like - (crazy)

I see shrieking neurons - certain they will Never be given any Work! Contemplating seppuku.
289 ms