IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New GHW Bush had a name for it while running against Reagan in the GOP primary in 1980.
VOODOO economics!

Of course he had to eat those words while being Reagan's VP and Reagan doubled the national debt.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New and from the numbers it looks like Donnie is set to do it again
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New And worse.
To borrow a phrase, I am stunned, stunned that to this day Republican Tribe members insist that Reagan gave us "Morning in America" in the form of "economic revival" when he was the man who took the world's leading creditor nation and turned it into the world's leading debtor nation.

Quelle Suprise! The wealthy stop paying their fair share in taxes and the government goes into debt. Who knew that would happen?

Incredibly, the world's leading debtor nation, in the face of Reaganism *AND* the outcome of "The Kansas Experiment" is doubling down. I really hope my kids leave this nation of lunatics.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     Fun with averages... - (Another Scott) - (31)
         Re: Fun with averages...and beer, you forgot beer - (boxley) - (24)
             Oh, so we all receive the same thing for the taxes we pay? -NT - (drook) - (14)
                 yes, President Obama said so -NT - (boxley) - (13)
                     You know he said the opposite -NT - (drook) - (12)
                         disagree - (boxley) - (11)
                             Well, you knew which quote I was talking about anyway - (drook) - (10)
                                 so you and the poor do not use roads, schools, police, hospitals at all, good to know -NT - (boxley) - (9)
                                     Excluded middle ... Think I'll just reply with the logical fallacy you're using from now on -NT - (drook) - (8)
                                         you are not a middle? sorry thought you were -NT - (boxley) - (7)
                                             Hey, BOx: All those times when you are being a massive arsehole, do you... - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                                 no need to wonder, I realize that not going along with the group is deemed deplorable or worse -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                                                     It's not because you're not going with the group - (drook) - (1)
                                                         if you parrot Dem crap I will happily point out the other crap that counters it -NT - (boxley)
                                                     Oh for fuck's sake, don't even TRY that "not going along with the group" bullshit. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                         long as I don't get paid in rubles -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                             Learn to fucking read: I said, that doesn't matter. You're behaving as if you were, so just as bad. -NT - (CRConrad)
             The thing with massive oversimplifications... - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 ya think? -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                     Massive oversimplifications are almost always unhelpful - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         A.E.'s fine summary of that: - (Ashton)
             Snopes. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 what about snopes? I heard it on the radio in a slightly different form and looked it up online -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                     Neither of which makes it relevant or correct, which I think is AS's point. -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                         Yup. - (Another Scott)
                         Neither was Nothers, was my point -NT - (boxley)
         Not to mention that 4K is over eight years. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
             There was an NPR report about this yesterday. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 This is going to be a bigger heist than what was done in the 1980's. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                     GHW Bush had a name for it while running against Reagan in the GOP primary in 1980. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                         and from the numbers it looks like Donnie is set to do it again -NT - (boxley)
                         And worse. - (mmoffitt)

No pea soup happening, I hope.
94 ms