IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New This is a disaster.
New I'm surprised they actually did it. :-( Hang on. It looks to be rocky for a while.
New NPR this morning.
Interviewed (didn't catch names or titles) an IN and an OUT supporter. The only thing they agreed on was this was a sort of "peasants revolt" at globalization akin to the draw shared among Trump and Bernie supporters here. I don't know if that's overstating it or not because I'm not up to date on the political environment in the UK. But if that's truly what it was, then this could be the first shot across the bow of the Free-Trade Globalization junket. Could Trump's election be the next?
New Yep, a not so united Kingdom!
But, this morning Bernie said he would vote for Hillary in November. Anything to stop Trump.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New That's how all the media have been playing it the last couple of days
It makes for a great narrative, which as much as anything else makes me question it.
--

Drew
New I'm right there with you.
I hope it's that and not xenophobic racism. Crap like the below makes me wonder, though.
New Could be, what will the price of a pint be after the break?
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New Keep the government's hand off our EU subsidies!
Also, some git in the comments section suggests that we enroll Old Blighty in NAFTA. I say, go for outright annexation and call it "Airstrip One."

cordially,
New Re: Keep the government's hand off our EU subsidies!
New Ugh.
Good news, though: never a better time to go to the UK for a visit. :-P
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New My daughter and granddaughter are touring the UK in a couple weeks.
It's a Jr. High band trip.

Unfortunately, my daughter converted some dollars to pounds with a friend who came back from the UK with excess currency. She thought she was saving on exchange fees! Whoops!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Watching Brexit votes roll in. - (a6l6e6x) - (26)
         It's depressing as hell. -NT - (pwhysall) - (11)
             It certainly doesn't look good at the moment. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                 GBP already reporting at -11% against USD. 277/382 reporting, 51.77% leave. -NT - (mvitale) - (4)
                     ITV News calls Leave the winner. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                         BBC, too. -NT - (mvitale) - (1)
                             Shows you what the 28+% of non-voters allowed to happen. - (a6l6e6x)
                     According to CNBC, Dow will drop 550 points. - (a6l6e6x)
                 Supposedly the Referendum isn't binding on Parliament anyway, sooo... ? -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     This isn't Rubio declaring he's done with the Senate. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                         Ah, and take a look at Gibraltar. - (a6l6e6x)
             You're supposed to be asleep! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             It seems your idiots are as stupid as our idiots - (crazy)
         This is a disaster. -NT - (pwhysall) - (10)
             I'm surprised they actually did it. :-( Hang on. It looks to be rocky for a while. -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 NPR this morning. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                     Yep, a not so united Kingdom! - (a6l6e6x)
                     That's how all the media have been playing it the last couple of days - (drook) - (1)
                         I'm right there with you. - (mmoffitt)
             Could be, what will the price of a pint be after the break? -NT - (boxley)
             Keep the government's hand off our EU subsidies! - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 Re: Keep the government's hand off our EU subsidies! - (pwhysall)
             Ugh. - (malraux) - (1)
                 My daughter and granddaughter are touring the UK in a couple weeks. - (a6l6e6x)
         "voting is not theoretical" - (malraux) - (2)
             Okay, but what happens if it turns out to benefit them? -NT - (mmoffitt)
             As is not voting when you could have. -NT - (a6l6e6x)

And so on, and so forth.
71 ms