IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's depressing as hell.
New It certainly doesn't look good at the moment.
But suppose "Leave" wins. What then?

I understand that 2 years of negotiations are needed to make it official.

I also understand that PM Cameron will likely resign or be forced out. Would it also mean early elections? Could a new government come in and ask for a do-over once the pound falls 20% tomorrow?

It seems like if a government is really determined, they can keep calling referendums until they get the result they want (look at Erdogan in Turkey).

Lots and lots of questions...

Here's hoping the "Stay" side rallies.

Cheers,
Scott.
New GBP already reporting at -11% against USD. 277/382 reporting, 51.77% leave.
-Mike

@MikeVitale42

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New ITV News calls Leave the winner.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New BBC, too.
-Mike

@MikeVitale42

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Shows you what the 28+% of non-voters allowed to happen.
The Leave voters were more fired up and did not let the heavy rains keep them home.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New According to CNBC, Dow will drop 550 points.
Time to "back up the truck" tomorrow!
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
New Supposedly the Referendum isn't binding on Parliament anyway, sooo... ?
New This isn't Rubio declaring he's done with the Senate.
Politics is a serious thing.

Cameron will resign.

Economic recession will come.

Scotland overwhelmingly in the Remain block, will revisit independence.

Northern Ireland, also the Remain block, will look at re-unification with Ireland.

But, there's always Wales.

And Peter will be able to say "I told you so!"
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
New Ah, and take a look at Gibraltar.
Just about 96% voted to STAY.

Spain is already asking for joint custody the Rock.
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
New You're supposed to be asleep!
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
     Watching Brexit votes roll in. - (a6l6e6x) - (26)
         It's depressing as hell. -NT - (pwhysall) - (11)
             It certainly doesn't look good at the moment. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                 GBP already reporting at -11% against USD. 277/382 reporting, 51.77% leave. -NT - (mvitale) - (4)
                     ITV News calls Leave the winner. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                         BBC, too. -NT - (mvitale) - (1)
                             Shows you what the 28+% of non-voters allowed to happen. - (a6l6e6x)
                     According to CNBC, Dow will drop 550 points. - (a6l6e6x)
                 Supposedly the Referendum isn't binding on Parliament anyway, sooo... ? -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     This isn't Rubio declaring he's done with the Senate. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                         Ah, and take a look at Gibraltar. - (a6l6e6x)
             You're supposed to be asleep! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             It seems your idiots are as stupid as our idiots - (crazy)
         This is a disaster. -NT - (pwhysall) - (10)
             I'm surprised they actually did it. :-( Hang on. It looks to be rocky for a while. -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 NPR this morning. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                     Yep, a not so united Kingdom! - (a6l6e6x)
                     That's how all the media have been playing it the last couple of days - (drook) - (1)
                         I'm right there with you. - (mmoffitt)
             Could be, what will the price of a pint be after the break? -NT - (boxley)
             Keep the government's hand off our EU subsidies! - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 Re: Keep the government's hand off our EU subsidies! - (pwhysall)
             Ugh. - (malraux) - (1)
                 My daughter and granddaughter are touring the UK in a couple weeks. - (a6l6e6x)
         "voting is not theoretical" - (malraux) - (2)
             Okay, but what happens if it turns out to benefit them? -NT - (mmoffitt)
             As is not voting when you could have. -NT - (a6l6e6x)

And then I went into computers...
159 ms