IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'm indifferent to mmoffitt's kids
Speaking out of rational self-interest, it makes a great deal of difference to me whether we get to the end of the road in ten metaphorical hours or in ten metaphorical minutes, because I do not want to be present for the explosion and flames that likely await us after the asphalt gives out.
Whatever lies beyond that road it's difficult to imagine that it can be much worse
Dennett or Dawkins, I forget which, once referred to that sort of thing as "the argument from incredulity." Difficult to imagine? You should exercise your imagination a little more, mmoffitt, 'cause I can come up with some plausibly nastier post-Trump scenarios without working up a sweat.

cordially,
New Nice edit.
I'm not claiming it will automagically be better immediately, as the part you cut I think clearly demonstrates. What could go wrong in the most armed populace in the world with the greatest polarization of wealth when the great unwashed have finally had enough? What emerges after that is not clear, but I've never be susceptible to a fear of change and imo this country needs fundamental change.
New After the euphoria of victory . . .
. . comes a massive power struggle, and execution of the idealistic revolutionaries. The new regime consolidates its power with an iron fist and proves to be pretty much the same as the old regime, except more repressive.

Read some history.
New Yep.
People like Mike are doomed to repeat it because they're blinded by their ideals. I don't want to accompany him in that handcart, though.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New handcart?
More like a tumbril, I'm thinking.

Welcome to the Place de la Révolution, M. Anderson.

cordially,
New Touché.
Regards,
-scott
New Vote Trump 2016!
Here in Yoo Rop, us Yoor Peons could do with a laugh.

A really, really big laugh at the massive expense of millions of people.

ETA: That's Actual American Actual People, not mere notional furrin people.
Expand Edited by pwhysall Nov. 26, 2015, 06:53:46 AM EST
Expand Edited by pwhysall Nov. 26, 2015, 06:53:52 AM EST
New Pretty sure the consequences wouldn't neatly stay within our borders...
Regards,
-scott
New Eh, we're doomed anyway.
Might as well die laughing.
     BooMan looks at the numbers and the implications for the GOP - (Another Scott) - (28)
         "At least as long as Hillary doesn't do anything stupid" burying Bernie a little early aren't you? -NT - (boxley) - (23)
             Bernie's not winning New Hampshire. - (Another Scott) - (22)
                 If you're right, then Trump gets an expected vote here. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (21)
                     on the other hand if the Canadian gets the nomination I will vote dem -NT - (boxley)
                     Your approach is idiotic. - (malraux) - (19)
                         disagree, trump is no more facist that the banker lady - (boxley) - (18)
                             Bs - (crazy)
                             I don't think so - (malraux) - (16)
                                 agree on the judges being important, what about single payer health care? thats important too - (boxley) - (15)
                                     At this point I'd settle for not getting in another damn war - (malraux) - (14)
                                         He's a clown playing to the crowd. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                             I'm indifferent to mmoffitt's kids - (rcareaga) - (8)
                                                 Nice edit. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                     After the euphoria of victory . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                                         Yep. - (malraux) - (2)
                                                             handcart? - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                                                 Touché. -NT - (malraux)
                                                 Vote Trump 2016! - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                     Pretty sure the consequences wouldn't neatly stay within our borders... -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                                                         Eh, we're doomed anyway. - (pwhysall)
                                             We fundamentally disagree that both roads lead to the same destination. - (malraux) - (3)
                                                 It's a slow death for many. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                     Indeed. - (Another Scott)
                                                     And: - (malraux)
         Kasich campaign attack ad - (rcareaga) - (3)
             Good words, but I wouldn't take it to be a sign of Kasich's character. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Speaking as an Ohioan, Kasich hasn't done Ohio any favors. - (hnick) - (1)
                     The enemy of my enemy can still be my enemy -NT - (rcareaga)

Remember, rank times IQ is a constant.
66 ms