IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Heh. It tastes fine to me. What's in the other stuff??
New Not a problem for me
Many years ago I rejected that swill for drinking, cooking or any other purpose - based on quality.

Back in those times, I agreed with a New York critic - possibly the only time I've agreed with a New York critic. He said, sarcastically, "Two Buck Chuck can stand up to any $2 wine in the country".

I settled on a $3 wine, Crane Lake, which has recently gone up to $3.33 - but you can only get it at that price at Sunland Produce, it's at least a dollar more everywhere else (Sunland always has an island piled with it, and moves plenty).

Of course, back where most of you folks live, you have to add another dollar or so to California prices.

New One more reason to be glad I never developed a taste for wine
--

Drew
New The comments are illuminating...
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New **Poof!**
New Bronco Wines killed it.. oh well.
New No, Bronco Wines created it.
When they started, thre was a horrible glut of good wine grapes due to over-aged yuppies from Sillycone Valley buying up land and planting grapes with dreams of wine making glory - right into a wine recession and a change in market tastes.

Bronco bought it up by the tanker load, fermented and bottled it. This gave Bronco a good reputation - cheap wine out of good grapes - and they owned a small plot of vinyard in the prestigious Napa Valley, where they bottled it - and called it "Napa Valley Wine" (as I recall, the State or Feds sued them over that).

This gave Bronco time to build its bulk swill operation - and a yuppie recognized and approved brand name with which to sell it - and with enough demand to keep Trader Joe's on board - right when they had expanded so much they needed massive volume they had a hard time getting.

Evil always wins - because Good sleeps in late and takes a lot of naps.
New I meant the original post, now deleted; sign says Bronco objected
(under rubric of 'unsubstantiated') which I guess now, means: Prove It Mofo! or we get it censored.
So I missed details of this-all.

Remember: I live in Valley of the Moon, surrounded by those yuppie wannabes + the Natives, here before they were born. (At least their motorcades almost vanish on weekdays and we can get back to near-silence.)
I'm glad I got to sample the obscenely expensive chateaux before moving here; could discern (not describe) the subtle flavors--would prefer a decent bottle or two of such monthly!--but I can also tolerate well lots of *$15 options. Other indulgences trump competing with the nouveau riche for casual and conspicuous extravagance.

Have had 'Crane Lake', also a local 'Grand Cru' [!! Oh, the Presumptuousness] Merlot at ~ $4; it ain't no Ch. Raymond but surprisingly reminiscent; I say--bargain.

'bulk swill' Love It (the name that is; screw 2-buck-chuck; we grommits demand 'l33t $3.50 swill or Nothing.

I WANT my 'less-than' arrow BACK; you put one in there and it nulls everything beyond, on SAVE.
Admin is a poo-poo head.
New Well . . .
. . I preserved a copy on this weird memory film they say is made from dead trees.

Of course, I can't post it because that would violate someone's copyright - and attract a swarm of Bronco's lawyers.

New Sort of like the two rat limit in hot Hot dogs..
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New But no kangaroos
When brother worked at a hot dog plant he tells of a story concerning a trainload of kangaroo carcasses that arrived. They spent several days guiding the FDA inspectors around it, always a few steps ahead of them to hide what was going on.
New Really?
Isn't kangaroo a little costly for hot dogs here in North America?

Kangaroo carcases are rather low yield - they haven't had the benefit of several thousand years of selective breeding for meat. They're also a fair amount of trouble to butcher.

I won't be able to complete my kangaroo page until I finish with eudicots, but what I do know causes me to very much doubt stories like this.

New Yup
33 years ago. I have no reason to doubt, I heard about his trials and tribulations concerning this for several days as it was happening. I assume they got imported without the correct paperwork, and were destined to be destroyed, therefor were underpriced as compared to legal meat, but I do not really know why.
     no more 2 buck chuck for me - (crazy) - (13)
         Heh. It tastes fine to me. What's in the other stuff?? -NT - (Another Scott)
         Not a problem for me - (Andrew Grygus)
         One more reason to be glad I never developed a taste for wine -NT - (drook)
         The comments are illuminating... -NT - (malraux)
         **Poof!** -NT - (scoenye)
         Bronco Wines killed it.. oh well. -NT - (Ashton) - (7)
             No, Bronco Wines created it. - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                 I meant the original post, now deleted; sign says Bronco objected - (Ashton) - (5)
                     Well . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                         Sort of like the two rat limit in hot Hot dogs.. -NT - (folkert) - (3)
                             But no kangaroos - (crazy) - (2)
                                 Really? - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     Yup - (crazy)

with the hot blonde.
153 ms