IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New ✓on both.
My first Real-watch at ~12 was a {take breath} *Mido Multifort Super-automatic (buglers are supposed to be On Time, was my argument.) It was On Time, even when I wasn't.
Later, the first 'skeleton'/visible-guts Accutron, subsequently wheedled by the head honcho of Electr. Techs, who Had to have it.
(When Hg batteries died, later--as well they should--one had to come up with tiny Schottky diodes and Ag types.. for that 1.34 V.)

While hP's first foray into the fantastical L E D was a tour de force, was never tempted to put numbers!?! on my Regal wrist, thankyouverymuch.

* At ~12yo, a really savvy watchmaker in S.F. gave me the Watch-history lecture, entertainingly: he mentioned Vacheron et Constantin as sine qua non, during.
Alas, none in his small repair shop to show. But I remembered the Name.
New All that said...
...I'm wearing the shit out of this just lately:

Although it's automatic, it's not water resistant at all and it doesn't know months or leap years or anything.

But good grief, just look at it!
New We need not swim with them (and everybody knows..)
that it hardly ever rains in UK :-þ

It seems we're both afflicted with a similar pref: stark simplicity, with subtle contrasts beats-out the Swiss-knife with built-in tiniest-yet enriched-Pu reactor
to run the also-stored Library of Congress display and broadcast studio.

(Still run the 30+ yo *Seiko day-date whose dial is similarly uncluttered; its overall execution pales in comparison to this. It's way-too thick, for another demerit, though "thin" in-the-day)
Can even see that the minimalist timer functions, given the uncluttered max dial-area, would be used on occasion, and they don't destroy the umm, serenity?
Hey! maybe we gots a tad of cuth? (..or are just stubborn control-freaks.)

* ie the Bulova was it? you showed a while back, wherein they had refined basically the identical dial-layout, aka plagiarized Seiko's spot-on perspicuity.
(I never 'measured' that face via the Golden-mean ratios and such, but suspect..)
New My preference

That's not exactly what I have. Mine is about 25 years old, made by Noblia, which was a Citizen brand, so this is the successor. The band is slightly different but the face is nearly identical.
--

Drew
New Is that not a Movado knock-off?
As seen on Amazon.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”

-- Isaac Asimov
New Yeah, about 60% knocked off
--

Drew
New So, 40% innovation! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”

-- Isaac Asimov
     Most expensive watch in the world - (lincoln) - (22)
         Not even close. - (a6l6e6x) - (21)
             If you can afford any of those ... - (drook) - (20)
                 It's not about telling time, I think.. - (Ashton) - (19)
                     Only you and I might remember this. - (a6l6e6x) - (18)
                         Self-winding watches were the bees' knees. -NT - (Another Scott) - (10)
                             I routinely wear automatics - (pwhysall) - (9)
                                 My last watch was a Citizen Eco-Drive. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                     I have one now. - (hnick) - (4)
                                         :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                         If I had to keep just one watch for ever and ever - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                             Blood and Zombie head goo proof? -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                                                 Yep - (pwhysall)
                                     Yeah, perpetual is the way forward for calendars. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                         Pity that it's a ƒail.. - (Ashton)
                                         Ahh. DST, also too. Clever. - (Another Scott)
                         ✓on both. - (Ashton) - (6)
                             All that said... - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                 We need not swim with them (and everybody knows..) - (Ashton)
                                 My preference - (drook) - (3)
                                     Is that not a Movado knock-off? - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                         Yeah, about 60% knocked off -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                             So, 40% innovation! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)

I bought a mouse to try it out on before using it myself.
100 ms