IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Lucky you! Got in just when No One Knew.. what was next.
Similarly, I usually assign Osborne1 the kudoes for: jump-starting the *everyone-can-play* computer--via his flat-Right surmise that
bundling some useful software Would Bring in the Adventurous--soonest.

(They might well have trounced Billy and his rich/insider Mom: had they not so foolishly tipped-hand on the Osborne2--with a warehouse full if 1s) ... as in Duh. :-/
It's ALWAYS the unpredictable Error (or next Brilliant Thought) which screws-up everyone's Master-plan-for the "next 5 years"!!

(Movie every half-hour.)

PS: had the pleasure of talking with Lee Felsenstein, its designer; he wanted to buy some Tweek (contact enhancer) after seeing Pournelle's Byte review.
I thanked him for 'my' Osborne1, sent him some extra/wouldn't accept payment. Sometimes ya gets to Thank people, by accident.
New I remember that Osborne financial fiasco well.
Talk about an inventory problem! T'is a shame indeed.

Many people remember that lesson and make sure to "clear the channel" before announcing the next big thing. Now, only discounting signals that a product is about to be replaced.
Alex
     thought someone around here claimed that scientists - (boxley) - (26)
         No True Scotsman? Really? - (Another Scott) - (7)
             Nicely extirpated report vaporizes another slogan.. - (Ashton)
             oh, I like that sentence a lot! - (boxley) - (5)
                 That was 1974. Things have progressed a little since then. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     Odd that the voice was so primitive, given: - (Ashton) - (3)
                         The IBM 7094 was a sweet machine! :) - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                             Lucky you! Got in just when No One Knew.. what was next. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 I remember that Osborne financial fiasco well. - (a6l6e6x)
         cripes, box - (rcareaga) - (17)
             if I am scoffing in 30 years - (boxley) - (16)
                 It's a tough problem. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                     The S-REX description is best synopsis yet seen - (Ashton)
                     there is a reason they call it an inconvenient truth - (boxley) - (12)
                         Gotcha quotes aren't evidence. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                             Re: Gotcha quotes aren't evidence. - (boxley) - (10)
                                 I'd like to see the quotes in context. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                     You still don't get it - (Silverlock) - (8)
                                         Kinda-sorta... - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                             waitaminute a few posts ago Ash quoted an article - (boxley) - (6)
                                                 It's not easy to move between threads here... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     Re: It's not easy to move between threads here... - (boxley)
                                                 >You< could not assimilate ALL-the-data/in every assertion.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                     of course not - (boxley) - (2)
                                                         Well then: guess we just watch TV, wait and see. Good plan. -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                             better than burning up 50 years of gdp in 5 years for no - (boxley)
                 Re: if I am scoffing in 30 years - (pwhysall)

And that's not all!
70 ms