IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Rates on his desk aren't the last word.
http://www.washingto...er_stuf046236.php

I was reading a piece at CNNMoney about Obamacare implementation by Tami Luhby, and had to laugh bitterly at how the story was put together. The headline was “Where Obamacare Premiums Will Soar,” and it was illustrated with maps of Ohio and Florida accompanied by big scary numbers (+41% for Ohio and +35% for Florida). The first ten graphs were about the premium increases expected (based on initial insurer bids, which are about as reliable as opening bids in home negotiations) in various states, with some contrasting information on states like California and New York where premiums look to go down.

[...]

So the real story is that premiums in the individual market will go up or down depending on how similar existing state insurance regulations happen to be to the new regime Obamacare will introduce, which will produce more uniform premiums with more comprehensive coverage, and with out-of-pocket expenses capped and subsidies available to people with incomes up to four times the federal poverty level.

Yes, that’s a fairly complicated sentence, but it’s the truth, and it shouldn’t take professional journalists many hundreds of words to spit it out. I don’t want to pick on Luhby, since this is pretty typical and she did get around to providing the full information. But I think it’s fair to observe that “stories” which shriek about premium increases are not improving public understanding of Obamacare.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New not talking about a story about misinformed reporters
talking about rate increases on the desk of the insurance commissioner of the state of georgia, who would like a waiver for the obamacare provisions. If he doesnt get a waiver he signs the increases into statute. Here call for yourself
telephone: 404-656-2070
Toll Free: 800-656-2298
Between 8:00 AM and 7:00 PM
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Georgia is actively...
Trying to make ACA not work... just like in Michigan.

Michigan had HUGE 23% increases 2 years in a row... and has almost the HIGHEST rate in the country. Effing rick Snyder and the State legislature.

As of right now... any increase in pay I might have gotten in the past few years... in prep for the ACA being put in place, have made the threshold for everything to force these increases... and it is *NOT* the ACA doing it is the GOP actively working against it.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New Read it again.
The first ten graphs were about the premium increases expected (based on initial insurer bids, which are about as reliable as opening bids in home negotiations) in various states, with some contrasting information on states like California and New York where premiums look to go down.

Or, in other words - http://thinkprogress...um-hikes-stories/

Calculating premium rates is a complicated and tedious task that will vary greatly among states and is open to interpretation and manipulation by both supporters and opponents of President Obama’s health care law. Generalities are particularly hard to draw, as the law will impact Americans differently: the new regulations will lead some younger people to may pay more than they’re contributing now, but will save older and sicker people hundreds, if not thousands of dollars a month.

Still, since Republicans are politically motivated to portray the proposed premium increases in a negative light and the media is far more interested in sensational claims about Obamacare failing, coverage of the new rates often leads readers with the mistaken perception that the law is coming off the tracks. Below is a short guide that will help you identify if someone is misrepresenting how much premiums will increase under Obamacare:

Or, in other words - http://obamacarefact...amacare-myths.php

ObamaCare Myth: Obamacare Means Higher Premiums

One of the most wide spread ObamaCare myths is that ObamaCare increases insurance premiums. While many Americans have seen their health insurance premiums rise since the passing of the new health care law, blaming "ObamaCare" is an over simplification of the truth. ObamaCare actually stops insurance companies from raising premiums on sick people and people with preexisting conditions. It also adds a number of consumer protections and cost-cutting measures that help to decrease the growing rate of health insurance.

One of the major aims of the program is to make insurance more affordable the tens of millions of Americans who could not previously afford insurance. One of the ways ObamaCare helps to lower insurance premiums is by letting low and middle income Americans shop for health insurance on the "insurance exchanges", an online market where healthcare providers offer affordable quality healthcare to compete to be your healthcare provider.

A recent CBO report shows that ObamaCare is projected to lower most Americans insurance premiums by 5 - 7%. That being said some Americans, especially families above the 400% FLP mark are projected to pay more for insurance as are those who purchase high-cost plans. Regardless of this, the average cots of insurance is going down, while the rate at which costs are rising is being curbed.

Despite the best intensions and consumer protections offered by the new health care law (such as insurance companies being required to justify rate hikes of a certain amount to the State for approval), it has not prevented insurance companies are raising rates to compensate for costly aspects of the program such preexisting conditions reform.

Or, in other words - http://obamacarefact...tof-obamacare.php

What Will ObamaCare Cost Me?

It has been estimated that a basic "bronze" level health care plan is estimated to cost the Average American between $4,500 - $5,800 without cost assistance. Please be aware costs can vary greatly depending on a number of factors including location, health status and age. The bronze plan covers 60% of out of pocket health care costs and offers basic coverage. Plans range from the basic "Bronze" (60%) to "Silver" (70%) more expensive "Gold" (80%) and "Platinum" (90%) level plans. High-end plans carry a 40% excise tax which helps pay for the program.

How Much Does ObamaCare Cost The Average American?

The cost of ObamaCare plans depend on a number of factors including: the market your purchasing insurance in, your health status, the quality of the plan and your income, to name a few. Plans range from bare-bones "Bronze" plans to high-end "Platinum" plans. "Bronze" plans for individuals are expected to cost between $4,500 and $5,800 a year in 2016. But if you make less than 4 times the Federal poverty line ($11,170 in 2012), you’ll pay less by virtue of receiving tax credits. Someone making up to 133% of the FPL will get credits so that his net payment will be only 2% of income, while those making 300% to 400% of FPL will pay 9.5% of FPL.

Please note that while ObamaCare regulates insurance companies, you will still be purchasing private insurance (unless you choose to pay the penalty or are covered under Medicaid/Medicare).

Or, in other words - http://obamacarefact...ance-premiums.php

How ObamaCare Affects Health Insurance Premiums

ObamaCare Insurance premiums are a sore subject with many readers; however, ObamaCare insurance premium increases are a response to the protections offered by ObamaCare. The primary cause of the insurance premium rate hikes seems to be the mandate to cover high-risk consumers, such as Americans with pre-existing conditions. ObamaCare is insurance reform aimed at making insurance more affordable, it actually enacts a number of provisions to protect consumers against insurance premium rate hikes.

Let's take a look at ObamaCare insurance premiums, why your provider may be raising your rates and how to acquire Affordable health insurance that is protected under the Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare).

(Read the whole thing.)

Or, in other words, Hudgens is not telling the truth about what's going on. Not living there, he doesn't care what I think. Maybe you should call him instead.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New you can read pressers all you want
All of the people that say its not true dont have those policy increases on their desk. Instead they will wah wah wah like folkert and shout republicans, when it is insurance companies.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New It is the insurance companies that...
caused the republicans to hamstring the ACA.

Get your shit together buckwheat. Just because YOU don't think you need insurance doesn't mean *WE* won't pay for it sooner or later *FOR YOU*.

We *WILL* be on the hook for your poor choices and your lack of coverage, I can bet, fairly soon.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New suck it up, ssi got it covered
and I have been paying for that shit for a long time
New Not really...
Because the GOP keeps defunding ACORN...

and borrowing/stealing from SSI to pay for the DoD.

--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New kwitcherbitchin we all have choices
New But I'll have to pay for yours...
Why can't you pay for mine then...
oh, right.

You are poor as dirt you can't be expected to be responsible. Ok... carry on.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New I have been paying for mine since they started deducting
the medicare portion of my paycheck. When I hit social security age I will use it. If I get too ill to work then I can use what I have paid in to get coverage under SSI.
Just because you want to go to a doc everytime your handss get sweaty and are too fucking cheap to pay by the visit don;t whine about others.

I see a doctor as needed and have negotiatted fees for most services which I pay. At 30 I was told to take High blood preasure medication at $200 a month. I bought $10 worth of life insurance instead. Choices, you made yours I made mine.
New Listen BO...
If you'd go to the effing Doctor's office once in a fecking while, you might just not be such and insufferable dolt, trying to inflict your style of banter that nearly no-one understands or wants to. I've also been paying for that "privilege" as long as i have been working.

Oh wait... now you WANT that security net in place? What the hell? Who are you and what have you done with BO?
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
Expand Edited by folkert Aug. 7, 2013, 06:08:47 PM EDT
New readme in my posts
I go to a doctor regularly and pay for the visit, not like you who just pays a 10% co-pay then bitch when I dont want to chip in to the other $85 your insurance pays. I just pay cash, full negotiated amount and done. Procedures like colonoscopies are negotiable. Thats how I do it. I don't go around whinig about how others need to pay the same way I do.

If you don't want to read my posts then quit fucking reading them, much less responding to them
New I pay over $18,000 in premiums you ass munch.
And for my full family and everything...

$2389 per month.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
Expand Edited by folkert Aug. 7, 2013, 06:35:56 PM EDT
New Still don't understand why you pay so much
BCBS of Michigan will take anyone - by law, they're the insurer of last resort in Michigan. They don't charge based on history either. 80/20 $2500 deductible runs about $800/mo for a family of 4, I think. Certainly not any $2400/mo. The only rub is a 6mo pre-existing exclusionary period, but that doesn't count for kids and (IIRC) it's waived in certain circumstances.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New thats why he whines so much and wants me
to pay his fair share. Not my fault he has the most expensive plan in the country
New oh...
Fuck yourself.

I pay the employer portion and everything for dental and vision coverage. Plus I have a bit of long term disability in there should I ever fucking need it you ass munch.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New hey, Im not the one avoiding paying into the collective we
Ass munch youself. You owe the feds about 4k on that money if there was a level playing field. All you fat cats on a benefit heavy contract to avoid paying taxes, would have to pay that shit AFTER taxes, like the great unwashed over here. So how much did you bet that you would be fucking demented before the age of 50? Looks like you made the right bet.
New ... you can just live in your own world.
I make far less than you do anyway... so WTF are you worrying about.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New Company has no brick and mortar in Michigan.
So, due to some things to deal with how Michigan sees foreign entities (not in the Michigan Tax base) Coverage is based on a very nasty and complex series of things the Politicians put in place oh so many years ago and they still have the protectionism going on...

At least that is what I am being told.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New So don't get your coverage through your company.
BCBS doesn't care about pre-existing if you don't care about a 6 month exclusion period (which will only be 3 months given that ends in 2014).
Regards,
-scott
New The only stuff they will "provide"
Is through an "HR" company called Trinet.

I'm almost ready to just have them pay me and have the money and then buy my own.

We have pre-existing conditions already... Diabetes, My adult Child has some existing things going on...

So that leaves us out.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New Ignore what your company provides.
Just drop their insurance. You'll save money regardless, from the sounds of it.

With respect to the pre-existing conditions, only you can make the decision if 3 months is too long. Given the cost of insulin, I would imagine it might still be cheaper to pay for it out of pocket for a few months.

I pay $300/mo for my BCBS insurance, for just me, and I've got enough pre-existing conditions that other insurance companies won't cover me.
Regards,
-scott
New go to costco and get some
https://www51.aetna....stco/basicInfo.do
     one for nother, now he is back - (boxley) - (56)
         Cherry-picking, of course. - (Another Scott) - (25)
             lets see, is he cherry picking the rates on his desk - (boxley) - (24)
                 Rates on his desk aren't the last word. - (Another Scott) - (23)
                     not talking about a story about misinformed reporters - (boxley) - (22)
                         Georgia is actively... - (folkert)
                         Read it again. - (Another Scott) - (20)
                             you can read pressers all you want - (boxley) - (19)
                                 It is the insurance companies that... - (folkert) - (18)
                                     suck it up, ssi got it covered - (boxley) - (17)
                                         Not really... - (folkert) - (16)
                                             kwitcherbitchin we all have choices -NT - (boxley) - (15)
                                                 But I'll have to pay for yours... - (folkert) - (14)
                                                     I have been paying for mine since they started deducting - (boxley) - (13)
                                                         Listen BO... - (folkert) - (12)
                                                             readme in my posts - (boxley) - (11)
                                                                 I pay over $18,000 in premiums you ass munch. - (folkert) - (10)
                                                                     Still don't understand why you pay so much - (malraux) - (9)
                                                                         thats why he whines so much and wants me - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                             oh... - (folkert) - (2)
                                                                                 hey, Im not the one avoiding paying into the collective we - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                     ... you can just live in your own world. - (folkert)
                                                                         Company has no brick and mortar in Michigan. - (folkert) - (4)
                                                                             So don't get your coverage through your company. - (malraux) - (3)
                                                                                 The only stuff they will "provide" - (folkert) - (2)
                                                                                     Ignore what your company provides. - (malraux)
                                                                                     go to costco and get some - (boxley)
         You sound like a frigging Fox-Limbaugh-Koch trumpet. - (CRConrad) - (14)
             nice rant, perhaps you should save it for something useful - (boxley) - (13)
                 Funny how he's the only one asking for a waiver, huh. -NT - (Another Scott) - (11)
                     he is doing the job he was elected for -NT - (boxley)
                     took a quick look - (boxley) - (9)
                         Meh. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                             so he wants her sig that 198% is okay, coverin his butt -NT - (boxley) - (7)
                                 Sure. He's totally sincere. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                     I don't care whether he is sincere - (boxley) - (5)
                                         When would a robber baron *not* sincerely want to charge... - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                             Hey I like the idea of forcing healthy young folks to pay - (boxley) - (2)
                                                 Sorry; please learn to write English if you want a reply. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                     yer outta practice :-) -NT - (boxley)
                                         Was you ever bit by a dead Bee? Y'know they can ... ... -NT - (Ashton)
                 "Rant"?!? A) That was an effing *quip*, Bubba! - (CRConrad)
         Affordable Care Act is working... - (folkert)
         Wonkette has more... - (Another Scott) - (13)
             Gee... - (mmoffitt)
             those darn repo's - (boxley) - (11)
                 Once again Bill - (jake123) - (10)
                     not having a background check for navigators - (boxley) - (9)
                         But that's not what they're talking about, now is it? -NT - (jake123) - (8)
                             what who is talking about? - (boxley) - (7)
                                 Ralph Hudgens, the insurance commissioner - (jake123) - (6)
                                     one man's obstruction may be another man's well thought out - (boxley) - (1)
                                         That is *NOT*... - (folkert)
                                     BOxley is blind... - (folkert) - (3)
                                         Nope, you are... - (hnick) - (2)
                                             I am past... - (folkert) - (1)
                                                 on the edits... - (folkert)

I can use his toes to plug my holes.
110 ms