IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I *can't fucking BELIEVE* you really mean that!
(Me, earlier: ...a Brazilian girl of _EIGHT_, IIRC. She obviously _could_ do it -- but I defy you to claim, with a straight face, that she was "ready" for it!)
Skip replies:

I do claim so. With a straight face.
If you really mean that, then you're advocating raving pedophile lunacy.

What do YOU mean by 'ready'?
I mean 'ready', of course (otherwise I wouldn't have said so).

"Objectively" 'ready', or as close as we can get in a world where, as Ashton never ceases to remind us, apparently fucking *nothing* can *ever* be truly "objectively" known.

Ready in the eyes of society?
No.

I mean 'ready' in the eyes of, say, a disinterested (=unbiased, not uncaring) pediatrician, say... if that isn't too "Western-centric" or "Allopathic" for you?

Or the *best* "measurement" would, of course, be whether she is 'ready' in her *own* eyes -- but how the heck are we supposed to *know* that? How the fuck is *she* supposed to know it?!?

Remember, little girls play with dolls and pretend they're "mothers" from the age they're TWO[*] or something... And many of *those* would probably, if asked, claim they're "ready" to *become* mothers. Are you next going to claim, "with a straight face", that *this* MAKES *them* 'ready' to become mothers?!?

Which society? Judeo-Christian? Western? European?
That's a very nice strawman you're putting up there, but it doesn't have anything to do with what *I* am talking about, by any means.

"Judeo-Christian"... Sheesh!!! Say what you will about Marlowe, but he's right in at least one thing: Some forms of "Cultural Relativism" are truly despicable.

Was this 8-year old girl persecuted? Was her life 'ruined'? Was her child's life 'ruined'? By whose standards? Yours? Mine? Her parents? Social agencies? Would she agree with you that the sex act had hurt her or her life terribly?
I really couldn't say for sure, since -- as I thought was obvious from the context -- this was a dim recollection of a tabloid headline decades ago. She could have been nine years old -- or seven. Or Mexican, or Samoan, for that matter. But I *think* she was eight, and Brazilian.

But what do *you* think: Would you *advocate* that all eight-year-old girls everywhere -- in Brazil, the U.S.A, and Finland -- get themselves pregnant? If not, why not -- would *your* (so far hypotethical) resistance to this be based on "Judeo-Christian" values, or those of (presumably "Western") "social agencies"?

Or would you agree that a CHILD of eight is "supposed" to run around care-free[**], playing and *learning to become* a human being -- WITHOUT having to shoulder the responsibility for *another* child?

Just tell us, yes or no, whether you think that is a "right" that is -- or ought to be -- reserved for children in "Western, Judeo-Christian" societies -- hey, let's make it _white_ children in "Western, Judeo-Christian" societies, while we're at it -- or if it should be an equal, universal, right for *all* children. Which is it?

Or, hey, I see I'm presuming too much: I'm still reasoning under the hypotethis that you *wouldn't* advocate that all eight-year-old girls everywhere get themselves pregnant. Maybe you think that NO children, not even (white) ones in "Western, Judeo-Christian" societies, should run around care-free and playing, but should *all* become parents at eight?

To get back to your question: Yes, I think her life was ruined. Either she got no childhood at all, because she had to take care of her own child while whe was still one herself, or she had the trauma -- will you admit that *this* is one? -- of having to give up her child, at far too early an age to have to do that, either. (Or, most probably, some wretched "middle way" solution that meant the worst sides of both.) How the fuck could her life *not* be ruined?!? Please paint me a scenario where she has a happy normal childhood, after having become a mother at the age of eight -- preferably one where she *isn't* an heiress of one of the richest families in Brazil, but (as I dimly recollect the case to have been) a slum brat of the Rio or Sao Paulo favelas.

And, yes, for all we know, it quite probably *was* traumatizing to many of those "child brides" of yore [and still, in places like India]. Don't say you hadn't even *considered* that possibility?!?
(I hope you aren't talking about arranged marriages - I speak of consensual sex, here) Traumatizing? Maybe in the sense that you can be 'traumatized' by the loss of a job - or 'traumatized' by any purely psycho-social influence, for that matter.
Yeah, right. Your commingling (Thank you for that one, Judge Jackson! :-) of "psycho-" and "-social" is a whole 'nother strawman in itself, isn't it?

In case you didn't know (not that I think you don't; I think you're faking it), child brides were quite OK from a "-social" viewpoint in, for instance, mediaeval Europe -- but that's no big help if (as I contend) it creates trauma on the *individual*, "psycho-", level. Trying to pretend that they're the same is not just unbecoming, it's downright stupid.

But, perhaps slightly apart from that: Yes, I'm talking about arranged marriages. How do you know they *weren't* "consensual"? Just what kind of "consent" is a CHILD even *capable* of giving? Heck, for all we know, most of those child brides maybe said "Yes, I wanna get married! Wanna, wanna, wanna!!!"... But did they say that because they *knew* what was coming, or because they imagined they'd get to play with even better dolls they'd somehow magically make themselves?

And with the very issue of 'consent' itself so debatable, how the fuck can we ever know that we are, in fact, talking about "consensual sex"?

If you ARE speaking of the pycho-social or peer effects this has, may I remind you of the double-standard which exists typically in western society (the culture the boy lives in) - men are not usually painted as 'sluts', or 'whores' - and if they are, it's often with amusement, not contempt.
So, to be the standing butt of others' amusement is *not* traumatizing?!?

I think I see why you seem so incapable of imagining anyone's childhood could be deeply troubled by anything... *Yours* wasn't, was it?

No 'trauma' from social, then. Indeed - I'll bet a number of his peers would look up to him.
Yeah, sure -- but in a way that's *guaranteed* not to turn him into something of a whacko when he's grown up?!?

Don't be too sure all forms of peer "respect" are beneficial. Heck, it's not just bullied kids that become traumatized -- I gather the little *bullies*, themselves, grow up into fairly screwy adult individuals, too.

This is just a PC attempt to ignore the existence of that double-standard. I'll bet any 'trauma' he feels is well coached.
Sure, that's possible... So that makes it all right, then? There's absolutely *no* possibility he's more or less (admittedly, probably less, but still) fucked-up for life, *without* yet realizing it?

Anyway, on the contrary to what you are saying, to me *your* (and Mike's) point of view looks like an attempt -- non-"P.C.", but no better for all of that -- to affirm and reinforce precisely that double standard. "Hey, little boys think it would be cool to bang Miss Teacher, so it's quite OK for women to fuck any little tyke they come across!" If that's not what you're saying, then either I'm having a remarkably bad reading day, or you're not expressing yoursel[f|ves] very clearly.

(Unless you're simply claiming that what little boys think must necessarily be true?!? That they *think* it would be cool to bang Miss Teacher, so therefore it *is* guaranteed to be good for them? Naah... You can't be *that* naive... I hope.)

Now, whether I consider this to be 'moral', or 'right', well - that's another question entirely.
Maybe this is all a question of semantics, then... Because that's what I'm talking about. But please explain your usage, then: How could it be 'immoral' or 'wrong', if there *wasn't* any harm done in any way at all? By people engaging in the act of sex itself? What, because they weren't married? That's ridiculous, and you know it...

I think this is bad, because I think it harms the boys -- whether they (or you) grasp that (yet), or not. If I didn't think it harmed them, why would I think it was wrong?

Why would you?

[**]: Or probably earlier, for all I know -- I picked the age pretty much at random, mainly so they can at least SPEAK enough to say the "Yes" you're apparently advocating should be taken at full face value.

[**]: At least "as 'care-free' as possible" -- many little girls of eight in Brazil probably have to do some form of work anyway... But should that be taken as license to impute that they could just as well get themselves with child, *too*? Kind of "while they're at it, anyway"?!?
   Christian R. Conrad
Of course, who am I to point fingers? I'm in the "Information Technology" business, prima facia evidence that there's bats in the bell tower.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=27764|Andrew Grygus]
New ~(bad=traumatic)
Because something is bad, does NOT mean it is traumatic.

Traumatic things might be bad, but bad things need not be traumatic.

Period.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New Drop the other side of the implication
Not only are not all bad things traumatic, but not all traumatic things are bad. Events such as weddings and the birth of a (wanted) child can be quite traumatic but they are not (some cynics notwithstanding) bad.

Cheers,
Ben
"... I couldn't see how anyone could be educated by this self-propagating system in which people pass exams, teach others to pass exams, but nobody knows anything."
--Richard Feynman
New *chuckle* True..

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New Excellent
-- William Shatner's Trousers --
New My bad - used sloppy modern , "traumatic = bad", definition.
New Heh - s'alright - certainly understandable.

Imric's Tips for Living
     Has the world gone crazy? - (Mike) - (115)
         Lollita? - (Brandioch) - (85)
             But "having a crush" != "having sex". - (CRConrad) - (70)
                 So... - (imric) - (65)
                     Yeah, but what's the age of *informed* "consent"...? - (CRConrad) - (64)
                         I do claim so. - (imric) - (63)
                             I *can't fucking BELIEVE* you really mean that! - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                 ~(bad=traumatic) - (imric) - (5)
                                     Drop the other side of the implication - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                         *chuckle* True.. -NT - (imric)
                                         Excellent -NT - (Mike)
                                     My bad - used sloppy modern , "traumatic = bad", definition. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                         Heh - s'alright - certainly understandable. -NT - (imric)
                             I'd have to push "society" or "culture" at that point. - (Brandioch) - (46)
                                 Good point .....a reply and some thoughts - (Mike) - (45)
                                     A simple solution. - (Brandioch) - (42)
                                         Just say no - yeah right! - (Mike) - (41)
                                             Maybe we are agreeing that, the 'problem' is as much - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                 Good thoughts - (Mike) - (3)
                                                     Will choose aquatic ceremony over - purchased legislators. -NT - (Ashton)
                                                     OK, I'll take your bait - clarify, please. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                         Re: OK, I'll take your bait - clarify, please. - (Mike)
                                             Just say "prosecute". - (Brandioch) - (32)
                                                 Please start your own thread using words fuck and children - (Mike) - (31)
                                                     What the fuck? - (Brandioch) - (29)
                                                         As always ..... - (Mike) - (28)
                                                             As always, people think *their* experience = How it IS. - (CRConrad) - (27)
                                                                 Huzzzaaaa! Huzzzaaa! Huzzzaaa! - (Brandioch)
                                                                 From my first post. - (Mike) - (25)
                                                                     Link. - (Another Scott) - (24)
                                                                         Thanks - (Mike) - (22)
                                                                             I think I see a thread there. - (Brandioch) - (21)
                                                                                 Your inability to understand and comprehend ........ - (Mike) - (20)
                                                                                     Just establishing your position. - (Brandioch) - (19)
                                                                                         I see - (Mike) - (18)
                                                                                             I quoted you quoting something that "Another Scott" quoted. - (Brandioch) - (17)
                                                                                                 And a quote is errrm....leading..to errrm....yeah.... - (Mike) - (1)
                                                                                                     It's called "reading with comprehension". - (Brandioch)
                                                                                                 Look.... - (Mike) - (14)
                                                                                                     I see a bunny! - (Brandioch) - (10)
                                                                                                         Love you xoxo - (Mike) - (9)
                                                                                                             I know you do. - (Brandioch) - (8)
                                                                                                                 Re: I know you do. - (Mike) - (7)
                                                                                                                     Bzzzztttt! Thanks for playing. - (Brandioch) - (6)
                                                                                                                         No problem dude :-) - (Mike) - (5)
                                                                                                                             More lies from you? - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                                                                                                                 Re: More lies from you? - (Mike) - (3)
                                                                                                                                     Well, THAT is a lie if ever I saw one. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                                                                                                         Christian, let's table this for now. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                                                                                             You both should fucking ashamed of yourselves - (Mike)
                                                                                                     Maybe the question is not resolvable - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                                                         Until there is a verifiable maturity test. - (Brandioch)
                                                                                                         Liked the gist - (Mike)
                                                                         Lots of loaded didactic opinion in that.______ Don't buy it. - (Ashton)
                                                     Who died and made YOU King of thread definitions, punk??? -NT - (CRConrad)
                                             Hmm -NT - (Mike)
                                             Sometimes, an "Alexander's Chop" is the *only* way. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                 Can it be any clearer? - (Brandioch)
                                     Good idea in many ways - the problem will be... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                         Hmmmm, there's a thought. - (Brandioch)
                             There's a difference between physically / emotionally ready. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                 *sigh* - (imric) - (7)
                                     But what does "consent" mean with a 12-14 yr old? -NT - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                         What does that have to do with trauma? - (imric) - (5)
                                             Actual source of 'trauma' IMhO: - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                 30 yr old hymen intactum? Cant stand it gotta comment - (boxley)
                                             I was addressing a different issue. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                 Hmm. - (imric) - (1)
                                                     Yes - (Mike)
                 Whoa there, cowboy! - (Brandioch) - (3)
                     I'll assume you're using me as a rhetorical punch-bag... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                         That be the case. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                             I remember BC law being surprisingly reasonable - (ben_tilly)
             Random example - (ben_tilly) - (13)
                 Trouble-maker..___________________________:-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
                 Just found this... - (imric) - (6)
                     Talk about yer 'adult reponse' - - (Ashton) - (5)
                         Re: Talk about yer 'adult reponse' - - (inthane-chan)
                         What we teach boys - (boxley) - (3)
                             Perhaps the legal overreaction you cite - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 When one teaches, teach for effect - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Sounds like a winner to me. Lucky boys! -NT - (Ashton)
                 Capitlism at its finest. - (Silverlock) - (4)
                     Re: Capitlism at its finest. - (Mike) - (2)
                         Re: Capitlism at its finest. - (Mike) - (1)
                             Then I have done my job well. - (Silverlock)
                     But will she be a harsh mistress___this time too? -NT - (Ashton)
         Read this - (Mike) - (21)
             So a 16 year old boy and 30 year old guy is "okay"? - (Brandioch) - (20)
                 Wrong again - but I still love you - (Mike) - (19)
                     Very interesting. - (Brandioch) - (18)
                         Define "okay" - (Mike) - (17)
                             "okay" == "do you see any problems with it". - (Brandioch) - (16)
                                 Yes I see problems with it. See earlier posts. -NT - (Mike) - (15)
                                     Allow me to quote you. - (Brandioch) - (14)
                                         Are they gonna get harder? - (Mike) - (10)
                                             How much EASIER can it be? - (Brandioch) - (9)
                                                 Here's the curious thing...... - (Mike) - (8)
                                                     Well, it's time to wrap this up. - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                                         You are too precious - (Mike) - (6)
                                                             The state of education today...... - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                                                 Jane you ignorant slut - (Mike) - (4)
                                                                     You, OTOH, are not an "ignorant slut"... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                                         He aint doc - (boxley)
                                                                         LOL.....hey snot brain..... - (Mike)
                                                                     That, sir, is inexcusable - (Silverlock)
                                         My turn to ask a question. - (Mike) - (2)
                                             That's simple. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                 I think..... - (Mike)
         It is one of the major dissappointments of my life . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
             I got lucky - (boxley) - (3)
                 I *HAVE* to ask - (Mike) - (2)
                     Damn right I was traumatized!!!! - (boxley) - (1)
                         LMAO -NT - (Mike)
             I would have rather that my brother hadn't... - (ben_tilly)
             Amen - (broomberg)

The Elvis Presley Dambusters Clock-Plate Of Tutankhamen
124 ms