IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Scott, it's certainly possible.

This was the first I've heard of the GPS system (same article) but it's certainly possible it was ignored by the media until recently. Furthermore, it's possible, even probable, that GPS wasn't used in any way, shape, or form by the system as a guidence system. Truely, I don't know.

Furthermore, the only source of the military bashing what's-his-name at MIT is in the article. That needs more investigation - a single source just isn't enough.

But my real point on the matter was that this type of stuff happens everywhere. PHB's want demos that show what they're buying and, when push comes to shove, you've got to demo it. There always seems to be a group of people who'll fake the test rather than show they've got nothing but vapor (like what's-his-name buying the plasma screen). The allegation that the test was faked/rigged shouldn't be dismissed out of hand.

New No, it shouldn't.
The allegation that the test was faked/rigged shouldn't be dismissed out of hand.

But neither is it proof of the vast Bush/Cheney/Supreme Court conspiracy to enrich the War Machine. :)

It shouldn't be dismissed, but right now, there's too much political nonsense going on, hiding any real tech issues.

And the story that came out was of the "AHA! They were hiding something" stage... and I think its the "Aha! the reporter doesn't get it". :)

Addison
New Certainly.

But neither is it proof of the vast Bush/Cheney/Supreme Court conspiracy to enrich the War Machine. :)

Absolutely. At best (worse?) this would be proof of fraud. (Not that anyone is likely to ever be charged with anything.)

It shouldn't be dismissed, but right now, there's too much political nonsense going on, hiding any real tech issues.

Welcome to the kitchen. Real issues are ignored in politics why political 'nonsense' goes on. You expected differently?

And the story that came out was of the "AHA! They were hiding something" stage... and I think its the "Aha! the reporter doesn't get it". :)

Possibly. But then again, I'm not ready to jump to conclusions about the test as we don't know. I'm certainly not going to judge the reporter and claim "he doesn't get it" until those facts are out.

What truly amazes me is that you yourself have jumped onto others for jumping to conclusions without facts. You don't know if the test was rigged or not, but you willing to judge the reporter. You've said that the test was hard, even with GPS, without facts.

Yet if anyone else provides an opinion without being based on facts, you've jumped on them rather hard. You shove down their throats that they do not know.

Amazing....actually. You seem to be doing the same exact thing. I guess your rules just don't apply to you.

New Pot, Kettle, and Black.
What truly amazes me is that you yourself have jumped onto others for jumping to conclusions without facts. You don't know if the test was rigged or not, but you willing to judge the reporter. You've said that the test was hard, even with GPS, without facts.

If you'll note - the jumping exercise here (and I'm sure you won't) was you.

And yes, its hard, GPS or no GPS. I *know* this. We can debate my knowledge level about that, but hitting 2 targets, moving at those speeds, with the variances to be expected, yeah, that's hard.

I'll accept that as a fact. If you want to think its easy, well, go ahead, but your opposition to the ABM program will look silly if you think its easy, and we shouldn't do it. :)

Do the math for yourself if you don't believe me. I won't be insulted. But its hard.

But then again, I'm not ready to jump to conclusions about the test as we don't know.

You already *did*. So did the reporter. And its my supposition that the reporter did exactly that, for much the same reason you did.

I'm certainly not going to judge the reporter and claim "he doesn't get it" until those facts are out

Note that I'm just mentioning that as a possibility. In response to your (implications) that the military isn't honest about its systems.

I guess your rules just don't apply to you.

Right.

Sorry. Forgot, anti-Republican good good good, pro-republican bad.

And me forgot to bash bash bash.

No happen again.

Addison

New Nope. Sorry. Not the same at all.

And yes, its hard, GPS or no GPS. I *know* this. We can debate my knowledge level about that, but hitting 2 targets, moving at those speeds, with the variances to be expected, yeah, that's hard.

You know this. Yet, you have provided no facts to back it up. You haven't proved your knowledge. I suppose I'm just supposed to grovel in your expert knowledge. (Of course, God forbid you accept anyone else's expert knowledge without proof.)

I'll accept that as a fact. If you want to think its easy, well, go ahead, but your opposition to the ABM program will look silly if you think its easy, and we shouldn't do it. :)
Do the math for yourself if you don't believe me. I won't be insulted. But its hard.

Let me get this straight: You're saying that my opposition to the ABM program is silly if hitting a missile with a GPS installed is easy? Do our enemies' missiles come with a GPS? Of course, I've been silly! Thank you addison, I agree. My opposition to the ABM system (where did this come from?) is hereby GONE!

Our enemies will of course install GPS systems in their missiles JUST SO WE CAN DESTROY THEM!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was your point, wasn't it?

For the record (again) I haven't claimed that it's easier or harder to nail a target with a GPS installed. (You did.) I STATED quote: [...] you claimed that hitting the missile in flight, with GPS was HARD. I didn't claim it was or wasn't [...] (emphasis added.) Since I haven't claimed anything, I have nothing to prove.

And now, according to you, I'm in opposition of the ABM system. Gee, thanx for asking my opinion.

You already *did*. So did the reporter. And its my supposition that the reporter did exactly that, for much the same reason you did.

Excuse me, but what conclusion(s) have I jumped to? (Please be specific.)

Note that I'm just mentioning that as a possibility. In response to your (implications) that the military isn't honest about its systems.

Amazing: I think it's the "Aha! the reporter doesn't get it" equals "mentioning that as a possibility". Yeah, sure, one of them isn't a judgement call. What was it you said to me, something about "well, sorry, but that's not what you said."?

BTW: My implications that the military may not be honest about it's system are at least backed up with facts. I've documented where the military HASN'T been honest about it's systems in the past. (See, I claim this, so I willing to prove it.)

I guess your rules just don't apply to you.

Right.
Sorry. Forgot, anti-Republican good good good, pro-republican bad.
And me forgot to bash bash bash.

Where did that come from? Who said ANYTHING about Republicans?

New Fine.
     Shrub is singlehandedly undoing years of foriegn policy work - (inthane-chan) - (67)
         just spent a few hours revewing Potsdam - (boxley)
         Tom Tomorrow feels our pain - (Ashton) - (6)
             sumbitch outa be arrested for spying :) -NT - (boxley)
             On global warming - (drewk) - (4)
                 I'd read that too - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                     I'm looking for a reference - (drewk) - (2)
                         Here's a good quote from the report - (drewk) - (1)
                             There's More - (Steve Lowe)
         I dunno - (SpiceWare) - (12)
             I could understand it if... - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                 Not quite - (Fearless Freep) - (2)
                     In other words... - (jb4) - (1)
                         Of course - (Fearless Freep)
             Exactly why... - (Fearless Freep)
             NMD == waste of money. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                 That and history has shown that defensive arms races - (Simon_Jester)
                 What would you have said in the 30s? 50s? - (addison) - (4)
                     Question... - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                         Re: Question... - (addison) - (2)
                             The same Patriot missile system used in Desert Storm? - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                 The very same. - (addison)
         Interesting points - (Fearless Freep)
         Is that bad? - (addison)
         Re: Shrub is singlehandedly undoing years of foriegn policy - (bepatient) - (43)
             OK.. but if the cold war is over: - (Ashton) - (42)
                 Re: OK.. but if the cold war is over: - (addison) - (20)
                     Priorities. - (Ashton) - (19)
                         Support Faith Based Missle Defense Systems. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (18)
                             Believe that's called, 'karma'___________________:-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
                             That's what we have now. - (addison) - (16)
                                 Exactly How Hard Do you think it is... - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                                     Thanks, Mike - wouldn't have found that one. LRPD below: - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         Eerier and eerier. LRPD speaks again: - (Ashton)
                                     Only one question - (wharris2) - (1)
                                         Also.. - (Fearless Freep)
                                     Pretty hard. - (addison) - (10)
                                         I more interesting in why this was mentioned after the test. - (Simon_Jester) - (9)
                                             Re: I more interesting in why this was mentioned after the t - (addison) - (8)
                                                 Actually it *IS* the same thing. - (Simon_Jester) - (7)
                                                     What I read... - (admin) - (6)
                                                         Scott, it's certainly possible. - (Simon_Jester) - (5)
                                                             No, it shouldn't. - (addison) - (4)
                                                                 Certainly. - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                                                                     Pot, Kettle, and Black. - (addison) - (2)
                                                                         Nope. Sorry. Not the same at all. - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                                                             Fine. -NT - (addison)
                 ok now... - (bepatient) - (20)
                     Full agreement. - (a6l6e6x)
                     Ya got me there, partly. Smartass. - (Ashton) - (18)
                         Re: Ya got me there, partly. Smartass. - (bepatient) - (9)
                             So then: a suitable metric for er - (Ashton) - (8)
                                 I'm not sure what your point is. - (bepatient) - (7)
                                     The need for defense spending will end... - (a6l6e6x)
                                     Cold war 5.0 avge; 2000 3.9 = 20% reduction - (Ashton) - (5)
                                         Avg vs High vs Trend - (bepatient) - (4)
                                             Nice chart. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                 Well... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                     These points are of course, debatable. Simply they aren't - (Ashton)
                                                 what price victory or defeat? - (boxley)
                         Not any more - (Fearless Freep) - (5)
                             Hmmm.. then what chimera are we using to replace it? -NT - (Ashton) - (4)
                                 Nothing much - (Fearless Freep) - (3)
                                     That sounds relatively sane. But why so expensive still? - (Ashton) - (2)
                                         Simple, operational deployment costs more.... - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                                             LRPD below explains! 'We have a moral imperative.' -NT - (Ashton)
                         Gotta wory 'bout France, ya know... *snicker* -NT - (jb4) - (1)
                             More than you know ;) - (bepatient)