IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I could understand it if...
...he actually offered any alternatives at all to any of the above stated problems. Instead, he has basically taken the ball and gone home, and refused to even offer any alternatives in most cases.

Korea: Trust me, it's Bad. "Rogue" state that would love to get it's hands on a nuke or 15, backed by China, with massive starvation problems exacerbated by a very corrupt central government with a strong army. Not a real threat to the U.S. in the sense of being able to directly attack us, but if they go wild, they could screw up Asia before we could do much about it. Note that they have theatre missile capacity - they launched a missile over Japan not too long ago. Combine that with several suspected nuke programs, and they look a lot more scary than Iraq ever did. That, and China backs them.

Defensive Arms Race: I'd love it too - but I'm not worried that it will spark a defensive arms race - I'm worried it will spark an OFFENSIVE arms race, as U.S. detractors attempt to invent decoy equipment that can evade our defensive measures.

Kyoto: It's okay to disagree with people. It's ok to admit that Congress might not even pass it. It's not okay to throw everything out the window because your oil buddies don't want it to happen, which is pretty much the noise that's been coming out of the White House, as opposed to any serious conversation on the issue. I'm doing what I can too - my next car will be a Toyota Prius, hell, we might even get two. (BTW, I test-drove one - nice car! A little noisy at high speeds, but there are no power issues at all with them.) When I finally get a lawn, I will use a manual mower, not electric or gas. Good exercise, too.

Bacteriological Warfare: You're right, it's probably not enforceable. It's also better than nothing IMO - it's a stepping stone to the next agreement which will go further, etc.

What I'm upset about is that Shrub isn't just backing away - he's actively throwing stuff out the window and not offering anything in it's place.
New Not quite
At least on the Bact. Warefare issued, they've promised to present an alterantive proposal by September or October
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New In other words...
..."This hyar AdminisSTRAYshun don't want no treety's with them 'yar Yero-PEONs! Whazzat? We gotta have one?!? Waal, Hokay, we'll come up with are OWN "plan" in a cuppla months or so. Now shaddup 'n git me a brandy!

Basically, you have confirmed exactly what Inthane said: Scrap what's out there and don't have an alternative (until the polls say we gotta, and after we "confer" with our "benefactors"...er, high-level experts, at Exxon...).
jb4

(Resistance is not futile...)
New Of course
Scrap what's out there...

If what's out there is worse then useless, sure
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
     Shrub is singlehandedly undoing years of foriegn policy work - (inthane-chan) - (67)
         just spent a few hours revewing Potsdam - (boxley)
         Tom Tomorrow feels our pain - (Ashton) - (6)
             sumbitch outa be arrested for spying :) -NT - (boxley)
             On global warming - (drewk) - (4)
                 I'd read that too - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                     I'm looking for a reference - (drewk) - (2)
                         Here's a good quote from the report - (drewk) - (1)
                             There's More - (Steve Lowe)
         I dunno - (SpiceWare) - (12)
             I could understand it if... - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                 Not quite - (Fearless Freep) - (2)
                     In other words... - (jb4) - (1)
                         Of course - (Fearless Freep)
             Exactly why... - (Fearless Freep)
             NMD == waste of money. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                 That and history has shown that defensive arms races - (Simon_Jester)
                 What would you have said in the 30s? 50s? - (addison) - (4)
                     Question... - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                         Re: Question... - (addison) - (2)
                             The same Patriot missile system used in Desert Storm? - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                 The very same. - (addison)
         Interesting points - (Fearless Freep)
         Is that bad? - (addison)
         Re: Shrub is singlehandedly undoing years of foriegn policy - (bepatient) - (43)
             OK.. but if the cold war is over: - (Ashton) - (42)
                 Re: OK.. but if the cold war is over: - (addison) - (20)
                     Priorities. - (Ashton) - (19)
                         Support Faith Based Missle Defense Systems. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (18)
                             Believe that's called, 'karma'___________________:-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
                             That's what we have now. - (addison) - (16)
                                 Exactly How Hard Do you think it is... - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                                     Thanks, Mike - wouldn't have found that one. LRPD below: - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         Eerier and eerier. LRPD speaks again: - (Ashton)
                                     Only one question - (wharris2) - (1)
                                         Also.. - (Fearless Freep)
                                     Pretty hard. - (addison) - (10)
                                         I more interesting in why this was mentioned after the test. - (Simon_Jester) - (9)
                                             Re: I more interesting in why this was mentioned after the t - (addison) - (8)
                                                 Actually it *IS* the same thing. - (Simon_Jester) - (7)
                                                     What I read... - (admin) - (6)
                                                         Scott, it's certainly possible. - (Simon_Jester) - (5)
                                                             No, it shouldn't. - (addison) - (4)
                                                                 Certainly. - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                                                                     Pot, Kettle, and Black. - (addison) - (2)
                                                                         Nope. Sorry. Not the same at all. - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                                                             Fine. -NT - (addison)
                 ok now... - (bepatient) - (20)
                     Full agreement. - (a6l6e6x)
                     Ya got me there, partly. Smartass. - (Ashton) - (18)
                         Re: Ya got me there, partly. Smartass. - (bepatient) - (9)
                             So then: a suitable metric for er - (Ashton) - (8)
                                 I'm not sure what your point is. - (bepatient) - (7)
                                     The need for defense spending will end... - (a6l6e6x)
                                     Cold war 5.0 avge; 2000 3.9 = 20% reduction - (Ashton) - (5)
                                         Avg vs High vs Trend - (bepatient) - (4)
                                             Nice chart. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                 Well... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                     These points are of course, debatable. Simply they aren't - (Ashton)
                                                 what price victory or defeat? - (boxley)
                         Not any more - (Fearless Freep) - (5)
                             Hmmm.. then what chimera are we using to replace it? -NT - (Ashton) - (4)
                                 Nothing much - (Fearless Freep) - (3)
                                     That sounds relatively sane. But why so expensive still? - (Ashton) - (2)
                                         Simple, operational deployment costs more.... - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                                             LRPD below explains! 'We have a moral imperative.' -NT - (Ashton)
                         Gotta wory 'bout France, ya know... *snicker* -NT - (jb4) - (1)
                             More than you know ;) - (bepatient)

tilly remembers how to smell.
145 ms