IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New But there is another option I had not considered
The Americans With Disabilties Act prohibits firing someone because of a disability.

I have seen doctors for a while now, due to many illnesses. I have documented this with my employer when I turned in excuse notes and receipts that outlined that I had suffered from Depression, Major Mood Disorder, High Blood Pressure, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gastral Reflux, and others.

If I am too sick to do the job properly, and am unable to give the level of performance that they need, does that make me disabled? I have short-term disability and long-term disability insurance. My doctors can back me up on this, they'd seen me enough times and gave me medication for my illness. Also I documented it here and on EzBoard. I had not thought about it before now.

"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"  Moe Howard

New Realistically, don't bother.
You have to be completely prevented from doing your job in order to invoke that.

My sister-in-law is completely blind in one eye, and having problems with her left eye (diabetes). She can't even get disability pay, because she can still see "well enough" to do her job.
Regards,

-scott anderson
     A bit of bad news today - (orion) - (39)
         Hope you weather the storm... - (ChrisR)
         Re: A bit of bad news today - (Arkadiy) - (2)
             But there is another option I had not considered - (orion) - (1)
                 Realistically, don't bother. - (admin)
         Hey bud sorry to hear this - (boxley)
         Sorry to hear of it, Orion. - (a6l6e6x)
         Just based on your past experiences with this company, - (SpiceWare)
         OK I'm confused - (tuberculosis) - (27)
             they claim he will get benefits - (boxley) - (26)
                 Yes I don't believe them - (orion) - (25)
                     Take #1. - (bepatient) - (1)
                         I'll take it under advisement - (orion)
                     I am sorry - (orion) - (22)
                         What? - (addison) - (21)
                             Any word from Orion? - (mhuber) - (20)
                                 I got an email a few days ago, Ill check -NT - (boxley) - (19)
                                     What happened to me - (orion) - (18)
                                         hey buddy we were worried about ya - (boxley) - (7)
                                             I was kind of out of it - (orion) - (6)
                                                 Something maybe not brought to your attention - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                     What is clear to me - (orion) - (4)
                                                         by all means put the keyboard down and get better:) -NT - (boxley)
                                                         Sounds quite clear enough. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                             Ahh, yes to have the time to scratch yerself - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                 Will light candle. - (Ashton)
                                         Kinda figured you were cooling out.. - (Ashton)
                                         Glad you're still with us. - (static)
                                         {Phew!} Great to hear from you. -NT - (Meerkat)
                                         how long until your short term disability runs out? - (boxley)
                                         good to see you - (Steve Lowe)
                                         Welcome back. Sincere best of luck. Hang in there. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                         Glad to hear from you - (mhuber)
                                         Great to hear from you, good luck -NT - (drewk)
                                         Add one more well-wisher - (inthane-chan)
                                         Time to start looking after #1 - (pwhysall)
         Seems like 3 is the reasonable choice. But... - (Another Scott) - (3)
             Sick leave and Short-Term disability - (orion) - (2)
                 its sounds like the company is sick not you. - (boxley)
                 You are working for lawyers. Right? - (Ashton)

Real classics should flash or jiggle or fade to black.
54 ms