IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And we all know
that we pick and choose the laws we adhere to.
At least some of us do.
Based on our own perceived likelyhood of harm of the act, combined with harm of getting caught, and then roll the dice.
And we certainly look at the law of other countries with a mixture of awe and contempt.

So you feel that a non US citizen should adhere to some type of ruleset that makes him beholden to US laws, laws that we don't even enforce against our own citizens? And in this case, they still haven't come up with a law he's broken. So now non-US citizens have to be concerned about the random political implications of their acts when a random powerful person can cause them indirect damage through back channels.

Holy shit. This sounds like a scenario that we should document and send to wikileaks. It's an obvious case of power abuse.

Beep, this is the exact reason what he is doing is important and good. Thanks for clarifying it for me.
New Okee dokee.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Answer me on question.
Are you familiar with the "Pentagon Papers" from 1971?
New Yes dear.
But you appear to still be missing my point if you think this is relevant.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New People seem to miss your point pretty frequently
Why do you think that is?
--

Drew
New Too busy with hero worship, perhaps?
New Mouse gone haywire...dupe
Expand Edited by beepster Dec. 10, 2010, 05:38:30 AM EST
New Think you've got it
But in a place wherein bizness is the majority National Religion and where there are so many persons 'whose job (or other affiliation) depends upon their not knowing certain things'
... well, you can see that Logic is not Enough.

I guess we all lack experience in the now, post-deductive society
(however well we may have adapted to the post-literate era of the '00s
... so evidently a new relative-minimum on the curve.)

But a whole series of new relative-MINs?
Who'd a thunk that average-lowering could become so contagious?!
And so rapidly.

I could almost see voting for Palin in 2012 on the grounds that this sorry ratfucking excuse for a republic, this savage, smirking, predatory empire deserves her. Bring on the Rapture, motherfuckers!
-- via RC
     Truer colors, perhaps? - (beepster) - (70)
         What, you mean he's defending himself? What a surprise -NT - (drook) - (26)
             Ah, I see. At any cost - (beepster) - (24)
                 I'll try, once - (drook) - (22)
                     Thats not my argument at all. - (beepster) - (21)
                         no, he is just a well known leaker - (boxley)
                         Why do you trust him less than the government? - (drook) - (19)
                             Excuse me? - (beepster) - (18)
                                 Just this - (drook) - (17)
                                     That you know of... - (beepster) - (16)
                                         Theoreticals VS actuals - (crazy) - (15)
                                             You are back to binary argument - (beepster) - (14)
                                                 It IS binary - (crazy) - (1)
                                                     No, I don't and no its not. - (beepster)
                                                 Ahh, we agree - (drook) - (11)
                                                     Not quite. - (beepster) - (10)
                                                         You're strawmanning a bit there, Beep - (jake123) - (7)
                                                             Threat made - (beepster) - (6)
                                                                 Is that any different from what's happening now? - (jake123) - (5)
                                                                     a lot of info is for sale - (boxley)
                                                                     Lest I continue to have to repeat myself... - (beepster) - (3)
                                                                         legitimate double standards - (crazy) - (2)
                                                                             change legitimate to real then...if it suits you -NT - (beepster) - (1)
                                                                                 An acceptable response - (crazy)
                                                         BeeP uses a strawman ... news at 11 - (drook) - (1)
                                                             Yep, - (beepster)
                 Re: Ah, I see. At any cost. | this-all has been >Novelized< - (Ashton)
             There are ALWAYS checks and balances - (mhuber)
         try defense -NT - (boxley)
         From the comments, interesting point - (crazy) - (1)
             unanticipated side effects -NT - (boxley)
         what law did he break? - (boxley) - (34)
             Receipt of stolen goods? Dunno. There's always "conspiracy". -NT - (Another Scott) - (29)
                 Same thing that convicted Steve Rosen - (beepster) - (28)
                     So, we have officially declared war then? - (folkert) - (27)
                         You should read it... - (beepster) - (26)
                             But it *DOES* require intent. -NT - (folkert) - (25)
                                 Can you tell me his intent? - (folkert) - (24)
                                     Wait, let me weep. - (beepster) - (23)
                                         Is it OK that the NYT has reprinted what he released? - (drook) - (19)
                                             Where did they get it? - (beepster) - (18)
                                                 Huh? - (drook) - (17)
                                                     Re: Huh? - (beepster) - (16)
                                                         The original sin... - (folkert) - (15)
                                                             So.. - (beepster) - (14)
                                                                 "Convinced"? - (crazy) - (9)
                                                                     Nah, the first one is pretty close - (beepster) - (8)
                                                                         And we all know - (crazy) - (7)
                                                                             Okee dokee. -NT - (beepster) - (5)
                                                                                 Answer me on question. - (folkert) - (4)
                                                                                     Yes dear. - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                                         People seem to miss your point pretty frequently - (drook) - (1)
                                                                                             Too busy with hero worship, perhaps? -NT - (beepster)
                                                                                     Mouse gone haywire...dupe -NT - (beepster)
                                                                             Think you've got it - (Ashton)
                                                                 Re: So.. - (lincoln) - (3)
                                                                     chuckle - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                         Not Fox News, Fox Network - (lincoln) - (1)
                                                                             bookmarked, thanks -NT - (boxley)
                                         Again... you skipped the question. - (folkert) - (2)
                                             didnt skip. - (beepster) - (1)
                                                 If anyone should be prosecuted... - (folkert)
             Good question - (jay) - (3)
                 Assange is the equivelant of the NYT - (boxley) - (2)
                     You say that like it's a bad thing - (drook) - (1)
                         "I" didnt say anything - (boxley)
         Counterpoint. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             +6 -- Scale & Relativity! - (Ashton) - (3)
                 Doubt it matters - (crazy) - (2)
                     Pretty close... - (beepster) - (1)
                         Oh, that's easy - (crazy)

12V at mucho amps, etc.
96 ms