IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's not just about education
Even with all the extra layers of profit built in, highly processed foods still provide the most calories per dollar. The #1 culprit is huge corn and soy subsidies, that make all derivative products -- which is most of them -- much cheaper than they would otherwise be.

Instead of taxing soft drinks and Twinikies, just stop subsidizing them. Isn't that a more straightforward way of handling the problem? And eliminating "market distorting" subsidies should work with the Republicans, right?
--

Drew
New Careful drook
soon you'll have Ashton breathing down your neck...with talk like that
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
New Truth to that!
Those Subsidies... ADM (along with all the others in that filed) is watching those you know.

Yeah, but... then the market would CRASH. THEENKOFTEHCHEELDRUN! How they would not get that nutritionally necessary HFCS booster shots (Soda and Juice drinks) and the HI-Soy Content food bars... and other medically needed foods!

Bleah, you and *I* both know it ain't gonna happen. At least not with Watchdog groups *FOR* ADM its ilk *AND* for the "Food For Fuel" group... hand in hand, skipping along.

edit: There are other groups in on the HFCS and other stuff. But they'll never come out of the wood work until it hurts!
Expand Edited by folkert July 28, 2009, 01:57:53 PM EDT
     great, now I get to share the loading doc with fat bastards - (boxley) - (37)
         Slip sliding away... -NT - (beepster)
         But ya know... - (folkert) - (33)
             It's not just about education - (drook) - (2)
                 Careful drook - (beepster)
                 Truth to that! - (folkert)
             It's starting to bite Down Under, too. - (static) - (29)
                 And, of course, no mention that canola oil original name was - (a6l6e6x)
                 butter, margarine - (rcareaga) - (5)
                     I use margarine for 2 things - (boxley)
                     Okay, I'll admit... - (folkert)
                     Memorieeeeeees... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         When I was a child . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                             Butter for me, preferably. - (static)
                 Margarine == transfats - (crazy) - (21)
                     Agreed, completely - (jake123) - (20)
                         No good? But how could it be . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (19)
                             Question on pomace - (drook) - (18)
                                 I like grapeseed oil for the high temperature stuff - (jake123) - (10)
                                     Re: I like grapeseed oil for the high temperature stuff - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                                         Well, I don't really use oil more than once for much of - (jake123) - (8)
                                             Lard is good - but beef tallow is the gold standard . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                                                 Actually, I make it - (jake123) - (6)
                                                     Re: Actually, I make it - (folkert) - (5)
                                                         Ah - (jake123) - (4)
                                                             You don't even need to freeze it - (drook) - (3)
                                                                 That would make for a turgid sausage. -NT - (jake123) - (2)
                                                                     I'm not gonna touch that one -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                                                         Glad you liked it! :D -NT - (jake123)
                                 Re: Question on pomace - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                                     On rancidity - (drook) - (5)
                                         Re: On rancidity - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                             yeah, I been trying to get some beef tallow -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                                 That one's actually easy for me - (drook) - (2)
                                                     made fries in it yet? mmmmmm -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         Yup - (drook)
         Loading Doc . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             Re: Loading Doc . . . google michael jackson :-) -NT - (boxley)

Feared.
67 ms