IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New RIP John "Jack" O'Neill
I just got the call from my brother. My grandfather finally passed away this morning. Given the condition he was in these past few days, it is a mercy.

He was born in 1919 to Irish immigrants, with ten brothers and sisters. His father died when he was 10, leaving the family alone during the great depression. He was a hard worker, industrious, and bought the family farm from his mother in his early twenties. He married in his early twenties, and had four daughters over the years. The second daughter was my mother.

Growing up, I remember a man who was firm, hardworking, but always had a kind smile and a laugh for us kids, a man with a good heart and a huge farm. I remember riding on his tractor, tromping through the woods behind his house, and seeing that mischievous twinkle in his eye as he pulled some prank on my grandmother - he was always imbued with the trickster spirit, right up until the end when he'd pretend he had his hearing aid turned off as grandma would ask him something. In spirit, I'd say he had a lot in common with Dad from "Calvin and Hobbes" - always telling tall stories to us grandkids and passing them off as truth. Up until last month, he and my grandmother would go dancing at least twice a week - maybe he couldn't move like he used to, but he still tried, and that is something which I will insist upon in my future relationships.

Every Thanksgiving, there would be a huge family get-together. Like all large families, such get-togethers would be barely restrained chaos, but he'd just sit there at the table soaking up all the love that would come through it, and we never begrudged him his moment of patriarchy. Well, I think my mom did slightly, but she's something of a rebel in that way.

He had a very serious side, as well. Politically, we never saw eye to eye, but he never disrespected me for disagreeing with him as long as I was able to back up my ideas with solid facts and well-reasoned argument. He taught me much about respect and understanding the views of others.

He is survived by his wife of sixty-odd years, his older sister, his four daughters, nine grandchildren and four great grandchildren.

Goodbye, grandpa - they broke the mold when they made you.
Odoru aho ni miru aho!
Onaji aho nara odoranya son son!
Collapse Edited by inthane-chan Nov. 19, 2007, 04:47:38 PM EST
RIP John "Jack" O'Neill
I just got the call from my brother. My grandfather finally passed away this morning. Given the condition he was in these past few days, it is a mercy.

He was born in 1919 to Irish immigrants, with ten brothers and sisters. His father died when he was 10, leaving the family alone during the great depression. He was a hard worker, industrious, and bought the family farm from his mother in his early twenties. He married in his early twenties, and had four daughters over the years. The second daughter was my mother.

Growing up, I remember a man who was firm, hardworking, but always had a kind smile and a laugh for us kids, a man with a good heart and a huge farm. I remember riding on his tractor, tromping through the woods behind his house, and seeing that mischievous twinkle in his eye as he pulled some prank on my grandmother - he was always imbued with the trickster spirit, right up until the end when he'd pretend he had his hearing aid turned off as grandma would ask him something. In spirit, I'd say he had a lot in common with Dad from "Calvin and Hobbes" - always telling tall stories to us grandkids and passing them off as truth. Up until last month, he and my grandmother would go dancing at least twice a week - maybe he couldn't move like he used to, but he still tried, and that is something which I will insist upon in my future relationships.

Every Thanksgiving, there would be a huge family get-together. Like all large families, such get-togethers would be barely restrained chaos, but he'd just sit there at the table soaking up all the love that would come through it, and we never begrudged him his moment of patriarchy. Well, I think my mom did slightly, but she's something of a rebel in that way.

He had a very serious side, as well. Politically, we never saw eye to eye, but he never disrespected me for disagreeing with him as long as I was able to back up my ideas with solid facts and well-reasoned argument. He taught me much about respect and understanding the views of others.

He is survived by his wife of sixty-odd years, his older sister, his four granddaughters, nine grandchildren and four great grandchildren.

Goodbye, grandpa - they broke the mold when they made you.
Odoru aho ni miru aho!
Onaji aho nara odoranya son son!
New Sincerest Condolences
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Sorry for you.
-----------------------------------------
Restore the Constitution. Elect [link|http://tpmelectioncentral.com/2007/10/exclusive_senator_chris_dodd_will_put_a_hold_on_telecom_immunity_bill.php|Chris Dodd].
New Condolences, Thane!l
Alex

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. -- Sophocles (496? - 406 BCE)
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x Nov. 19, 2007, 05:02:33 PM EST
New Oops, fixed.
New Sincere Condolences.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New All the best to you and yours.
May your Thanksgiving this year (and in the future) be filled with as much joy -- and more than a hint of remembrance -- as if he were still with you.
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New I'm jealous of your memories
Sounds like a life well lived.
New Sorry, Thane.
New Sorry he's gone, but glad you have such great memories.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Thanks for sharing him with us, a little.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Ditto. Condolences, Thane.
[link|http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=006978452673906630972%3A_5xhnlvpsn4|IWeThey Custom Search Engine]
New Sl\ufffdinte!, Thane and a toast to the soul of your grandpa
May those who love us,
Love us.
And those who do not love us,
May God turn their hearts.
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.

Thank you for sharing his life with us.

Love, Hugs, and Smiles,
Amy
New sounds like a fine man, someone to look up to
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New He's taking dancing lessons with Ginger Rogers -- just to...
...to polish up, you see -- while waiting for your Grandma.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New Condolences, Thane - sounds like a wonderful man.
--
Steve
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu]
New Condominiums and other related things.
I understand your loss, please feel free to call or IM me if you need to vent or other.

Sometimes it is just good to talk.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
PGP key: 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0  2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
Alternate Fingerprint: 09F9 1102 9D74  E35B D841 56C5 6356 88C0
Alternate Fingerprint: 455F E104 22CA  29C4 933F 9505 2B79 2AB2
New I'm very sorry for your loss.
Still, a long life and a good one, by all accounts.
New You have my sympathy
I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
     RIP John "Jack" O'Neill - (inthane-chan) - (18)
         Sincerest Condolences -NT - (jbrabeck)
         Sorry for you. -NT - (Silverlock)
         Condolences, Thane!l -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Oops, fixed. -NT - (inthane-chan)
         Sincere Condolences. -NT - (bepatient)
         All the best to you and yours. - (Yendor)
         I'm jealous of your memories - (crazy)
         Sorry, Thane. -NT - (bionerd)
         Sorry he's gone, but glad you have such great memories. -NT - (admin)
         Thanks for sharing him with us, a little. -NT - (imric) - (1)
             Ditto. Condolences, Thane. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Sl\ufffdinte!, Thane and a toast to the soul of your grandpa - (imqwerky)
         sounds like a fine man, someone to look up to -NT - (boxley)
         He's taking dancing lessons with Ginger Rogers -- just to... - (CRConrad)
         Condolences, Thane - sounds like a wonderful man. -NT - (Steve Lowe)
         Condominiums and other related things. - (folkert)
         I'm very sorry for your loss. - (jake123)
         You have my sympathy - (Nightowl)

Did it involve geese?
89 ms