IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The US people need to grow a pair
and make it very clear to Congress that they must impeach. Once again, I don't think most US citizens really yet realise the extent to which your country's good name has been sullied by the people running the show there. It is made worse by the fact that it is government of, by, and for the people, and if the people don't renounce the truly odious behaviour that the US has engaged in over the last six years (ever since they got a good excuse to do so) your reputation will remain firmly in the midden with the likes of Pinochet... except that Pinochet could only dream about the power wielded by Washington and the ability to waste that many people who got in his way.

I mean, look, the highest ranking officer charged only got convicted of the crime of discussing the crimes in Abu Ghraib in public; in other words, he got nailed for talking about what happened, not for any responsibility he may have had as the guy in charge of the unit when the crimes were occurring. Nope, no crime there except maybe the crime of helping America's new torture policies become public knowledge.

For example, when are people going to realise that GWB doesn't believe in God? He cannot possibly believe in God, Heaven, or Hell, because seeing as he's personally responsible for the deaths of nearly half a million people, not to mention coveting his neighbour's possesions (Iraqi Oil), theft of US treasure on a scale never before seen, false witness about WMD and the real reason why the US invaded Iraq, there's only one destination for him in his professed theology. Seeing as he doesn't seem unduly concerned about it, the only possible answer is that he's heathen, and only professes to believe for political expediency, which also puts him in violation of commandment #1.

Why hasn't the Christian community in the US discussed this? It's pretty much right down there with the seeming inability of the Muslim religious leadership to condemn Sudan for its strictly racist war against black muslims in Darfur... and that, my friends, is about where most of the world places the US right now, down in the cellar with people like Pinochet and the janjaweed of Sudan.

Seriously, the only way this can get fixed is if a LOT of you get up and fix it. The citizenry needs to put a million people on the Mall in Washington and let it be known that they are not complicit in the crimes their country has engaged in since the turn of the century, and to demand an accounting and a settling. There are people who deserve the death penalty far more than most on death row in your prisons, and they are running the country into the dirt.
New You are absolutely right
This nation definitely takes for granted the right to vote and the freedom to become involved in the political process. We have willfully handed over our power to a bunch of idiots. We are all at fault.

Occasionally, I write emails or letters to my elected officials. Sometimes I actually make phone calls. That about sums up my activism. I never realized it before, but I am a coward like the rest of the country. Cindy Sheehan stood up for what she believed in and look what happened to her. I think people are totally fed up, but are afraid to rock the boat for fear of being "Sheehaned", either by the media or by their community.

I must admit that this is an awakening for me, because I was raised by politically active parents. Maybe I can atone for my sins by spearheading [link|http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/projectvote/index.htm|Project VOTE] at my kids' schools.
Smile,
Amy
New I'm afraid you're projecting.
Why hasn't the Christian community in the US discussed this? It's pretty much right down there with the seeming inability of the Muslim religious leadership to condemn Sudan for its strictly racist war against black muslims in Darfur... .

That is actually closer to it than you might realize. Note that Bush still has a quantity of support from the Christian community. Why is this, in the light of your analysis? Because they don't reach the same conclusions you do. It's not necessarily that they are supporting him in spite of what has happened, it's because they see the events differently.

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

· my ·
· [link|http://staticsan.livejournal.com/|blog] ·
· [link|http://yceran.org/|website] ·

New They are PUSHING it
More strife in the middle east brings biblical prophecies closer.
New Which means they really don't get what that Jesus guy
was getting on about when he was yakking away a couple of millenia back.
New Patience...patience my man
Even though you are right, a far better (and more permanent) path awaits. Once the Berk junta has passed, the new junta can try the members of the ex-junta for criminal acts committed while in power. And there is no chance for a pardon or "commutation" of sentence when this occurs.

Cheney in chains? Wolfowitz doing the perp-walk? What fun to imagine...
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
Expand Edited by jb4 Sept. 4, 2007, 10:32:55 PM EDT
New When did you turn into an optimist with rosy glasses?
Depending on who wins the next election, there is a rather good chance that the new pres will be rather loath to return all the nifty power that Bush has accumulated for the presidency. They will still need the war to keep their power and to keep the military industrial boys behind them.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
New I'm a Cub fan
'Nuff Said!
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
New I suppose that would do it...
     UK troops poised to quit Basra - (Seamus) - (13)
         Shrub is the one who needs to grow a pair - (imqwerky) - (11)
             He is not afraid to admit he made a mistake - (Seamus) - (1)
                 You don't understand. - (Another Scott)
             The US people need to grow a pair - (jake123) - (8)
                 You are absolutely right - (imqwerky)
                 I'm afraid you're projecting. - (static) - (2)
                     They are PUSHING it - (crazy) - (1)
                         Which means they really don't get what that Jesus guy - (jake123)
                 Patience...patience my man - (jb4) - (3)
                     When did you turn into an optimist with rosy glasses? - (hnick) - (2)
                         I'm a Cub fan - (jb4) - (1)
                             I suppose that would do it... -NT - (hnick)
         British Troops Withdraw From Basra - (Seamus)

Save your piss. Seriously.
96 ms