IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The don't need 60%?
I call [link|http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/2007/07/obstruct-this-by-digby-just-in-case.html|bullshit]
-----------------------------------------
Atheism is a religion in the same sense that not collecting stamps is a hobby.
New They don't
[link|http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/index.php/Contempt_of_Congress|http://www.law.corne...tempt_of_Congress]

And how do you establish jurisdiction? In the Courts.

Your link was on procedural voting. There is no need for that.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Remember the point Bill
Impeachment. Votes. Filibuster.
-----------------------------------------
Atheism is a religion in the same sense that not collecting stamps is a hobby.
New Re: Remember the point Bill
Not an impeachment vote. Its a filing of criminal charges instead of being nice about it and citing Harriet Meirs with criminal contempt.
New ???
I thought Congress was [link|http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1647157,00.html|citing Miers] with contempt was a criminal charge.

Now it goes to Congress for the full vote. Once voted there (probably in September), if it passes, it goes to the executive branch who are supposed to then execute it.

The kewl part is, this will set precidence for the next President. If Bush doesn't move on it, it'll give carte-blanc to Hillary not to move on anything should a Republican majority get voted into Congress.
New Jury-nullification of the Constitution, then?
Except it's not a jury. Aren't there several labels for an officially dysfunctional successor to a 'government'?

This is beginning to smell like impending Dynastic succession, with each election-skit arrogating more autocratic power to the better-armed ... How then shall the various sub-species of cops decide to handle any arrest request? (or to decide Whose request to obey, especially if there are bigger armor-piercing bullets in Cheney's bunker and that famous walk-in safe.)

While our chosen form of disintegration may supply some amusement to the world, it would have to be pretty rollicking, I'd think - to come close to atoning for the heaped dead burned bodies to date.

(Will the non-Revolution be televised?)

Love. It.

New She was asked to come.
The contempt is thus one of a civil order.

If the Democrats want this to be a showdown they need to level CRIMINAL charges against the players and have a grand jury placed.

The way they are doing it now won't ever be resolved.

And I've a feeling they don't really want it resolved...given the likelihood that they will control the exec branch in 18 months.

My read is most here think that the abuse is somehow limited to this administration...this slippery slope has been in place for more than 30 years...

But Hillary will make it better, won't she.
[image|/forums/images/warning.png|0|This is sarcasm...]
New While I don't disagree on
whether or not Democrats really want this done or not (and I note that every Republican voted AGAINST the charge)...

I thought regardless of whether crimainal or civil charges are filed, that the charges had to come from the House as a whole rather than just a sub-committee. But I could be wrong.

[on edit]
Isn't asked to come incorrect? Wasn't she subpoenaed? (You mean you don't have to show if you're subpoenaed?)
Expand Edited by Simon_Jester July 27, 2007, 12:12:18 AM EDT
     Bush claims Congress can not challenge executive privilege - (JayMehaffey) - (25)
         Impeachment needs to go back on the table. -NT - (Silverlock) - (17)
             All that is needed - (bepatient) - (16)
                 All that is needed? Guillotines would be a start - (rcareaga) - (14)
                     It needs to be put to due process. - (bepatient) - (13)
                         That would be a step in the right direction - (JayMehaffey)
                         I'm not sure the Democrats want that anymore though.... - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                             You mean to tell me... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                 chuckle... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                     Re: chuckle... - (bepatient)
                         The don't need 60%? - (Silverlock) - (7)
                             They don't - (bepatient) - (6)
                                 Remember the point Bill - (Silverlock) - (5)
                                     Re: Remember the point Bill - (bepatient) - (4)
                                         ??? - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                                             Jury-nullification of the Constitution, then? - (Ashton)
                                             She was asked to come. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                 While I don't disagree on - (Simon_Jester)
                 Actually I agree. - (Simon_Jester)
         Glenn Greenwald parses the imponderables, pretty well - (Ashton) - (6)
             starting to think that a gathering at the gates of smiling - (boxley) - (3)
                 You already gibber daily. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     :-)s___at the cut of yout giblet -NT - (Ashton)
                     societal gibberin, to gibber en mass like sitin -NT - (boxley)
             Isn't it interesting that... - (jb4) - (1)
                 Maybe even three delicious. -NT - (CRConrad)

Sex.
258 ms