IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I have in mind the Deir Yassin massacre.
From my view it's intent was to use it in the ethnic cleansing of Arabs. From someone who grew up in A Zionist home, we have [link|http://www.ariga.com/peacewatch/dy/dycg.htm|this]:
The evidence that the Irgun and Lehi perpetrated a massacre at Deir Yassin is overwhelming. It comes from numerous independent sources, Jewish and Arab, Haganah and dissidents and it is recorded on film. It does not depend on the testimony of any one person. There are a number of objections and excuses that have been raised by revisionist sources. None of them would be justification for a massacre, but most of them are untrue in any event. The attack was unprovoked. The motivation for it was supposedly booty and revenge for misdeeds of the village ten years previously. It was not part of any Haganah plan, and was allowed only reluctantly by the Haganah, after the revisionists refused several other options. There were only a few, if any, foreign Arab soldiers in the village. There were possibly a few cases in which Arab men had disguised themselves as women, but these do not explain the shooting of little children. Most casualties, as attested by several independent witnesses, were shot and did not die when houses were blown up. The number of casualties cannot be determined exactly. The most conservative estimate is 107 dead,62 but there were probably more.

The attempt by Revisionist sympathizers to implicate the Haganah in this act does not help the Zionist cause in any way imaginable, nor does it detract from the guilt of the Revisionists. Haganah commander Shaltiel was guilty to the extent that he allowed an attack on a peaceful village, and other individuals provided aid, both with and without the approval of Shaltiel. There is no evidence that Haganah command outside Jerusalem had known of the attack, nor did David Shaltiel imagine there would be a massacre. However, it is undeniable that the Haganah and the State of Israel attempted to minimize and cover up the massacre, apart from isolated verbal attacks on the Revisionists. The people who perpetrated the massacre were never brought to justice. No compensation was offered to victims. Meir Pail\ufffds report, and the accompanying photos, have not been released even though it is more than fifty years after the event.

The attempt by Revisionists and their sympathizers to deny that there was a massacre, or to obscure the facts with all kinds of side issues is shameful and absurd. It is the act of criminals who are still at large, and have not come to grips with their guilt.
Here's a Jewish [link|http://www.iht.com/articles/1998/04/09/edmarc.t.php|opinion piece] in the International Herald Tribune on the 50th anniversary of the massacre.
Forty years ago, Buber concluded his reflections on Deir Yassin with these words: "The time will come when it will be possible to conceive of some act in Deir Yassin, an act which will symbolize our people's desire for justice and brotherhood with the Arab people."
Alex

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. -- Sophocles (496? - 406 BCE)
New no excuse for Deir Yassin but precedent 1929
[link|http://www.hebron.com/english/gallery.php?id=170&thumbs=1|http://www.hebron.co...p?id=170&thumbs=1] were the jews wrong at deir yassin? Yes. Were the Arabs wrong in 1929 yes. Both guilty
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New from a survivor
[link|http://hebron1929.info/Hebronletter.html|http://hebron1929.info/Hebronletter.html]
n the meantime, mounted policemen arrived, and all became still outside. We thought that our salvation had come. All through the night the police patrolled the streets. But it seemed that they were having problems. You can understand that I walked the floor all the night terribly worried, with my heart in my mouth. On Shabbes morning, we saw that the situation was getting worse. Cars kept racing back and forth through the streets. They were filled with Arabs armed with long iron bars, long knives, and axes. The Arabs kept screaming that they were going to Jerusalem to slaughter all the Jews. Soon many Jews gathered in our house. We held a meeting and talked over the situation, but couldn't think of anything we could do to protect ourselves, since none of us had any weapons. Many of the people remained in our house, because by then it was too dangerous to try to go home.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

New Re: from a survivor
It's hard to accept as unbiased someone who says "As of today, there are 63 holy martyrs." I'm not saying there's no truth there. But, the perception of this person are just too foreign.

Finally, and I've said this many times before, two wrongs do not make a right!
Alex

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. -- Sophocles (496? - 406 BCE)
New remember when and by whom the letter was written
In 1907, the peak year of Jewish immigration into the United States, my maternal grandfather, Aharon Reuven Bernzweig, his wife Breine Zuch Bernzweig, and their six children left Stanislaw, Galicia (then Austrian Poland), and settled in New York City. Twenty years later, in 1927, after their children were grown and they had accumulated a modest capital, they were in a position to fulfill the dream of many traditional Jews‑‑to spend their retirement years in Eretz Hakodesh, the Holy Land.
galicia to nyc then hebron? religious jews, very foreign. Yes 2 wrongs dont make a right, war time doesnt excuse that kind of behavior.
thanx,
bill

Alaska Airlines in the earlies - (boxley) - (15)
         Interesting. - (a6l6e6x) - (14)
             dam jews, thinking they could have a country of their own -NT - (boxley) - (13)
                 via terrorism and "crimes against humanity" -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (12)
                     same tactics that were practiced against them -NT - (boxley) - (11)
                         May not be so simple - (Seamus) - (5)
                             Im sure there is a book that states the jews started it -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                 That's not what I said nor what the author was saying - (Seamus) - (3)
                                     here is a somewhat fair timeline - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Wow. - (static)
                                     here is a link to a 1907 report from zionist eyewitness - (boxley)
                         I have in mind the Deir Yassin massacre. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                             no excuse for Deir Yassin but precedent 1929 - (boxley) - (3)
                                 from a survivor - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Re: from a survivor - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                         remember when and by whom the letter was written - (boxley)

Smarter than the av-er-age bear!
85 ms