IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Happy birthday, Todd! (ToddBlanchard)
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New Happy Birthday!

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Make some nice smalltalk at your party... ;-)
[Edit: typ o]
Expand Edited by CRConrad April 23, 2007, 02:25:51 AM EDT
New Happy birthday, Todd!
--
Steve
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu]
New Happy birthday Todd.
-----------------------------------------
You can fire an at will employee for good cause or no cause, but not bad cause.
New Have a great time, Todd. Happy Birthday.
New HB2U!
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New oh happy day!
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Another one bites the dust!
New Ar, it be a great day for great men! ;-)
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Thanks muchly
Now if the pain subsides from friday's tarzan antics, I may be able to enjoy it a bit. Aft neck and shoulder muscles are strained and in lots of pain. Thank goodness I've got a stash of topical ibuprofen I dragged home from France. It is magic. I wonder why it isn't sold in the US. No pharmacist I've phoned has even heard of it - either OTC or as prescription.

We posture as apostles of fair play, as good sportsmen, as professional knights-errant-- and we throw beer bottles at the umpire when he refuses to cheat for our side...We save the black-and-tan republics from their native [statesmen]--and flood them with "deserving" democrats of our own. We deafen the world with our whoops for liberty--and submit to laws that destroy our most sacred rights...We play policeman and Sunday-school superintendent to half of Christendom--and lynch a darky every two days in our own backyard.

H.L. Mencken, 1914
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 05:41:28 AM EDT
New Better late than never - Happy Birthday
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Sail On --> into the sunset (lucky bastridge!)
I once had the er, thought -- of living on a houseboat in Sausalito, commuting to The Lab\ufffd across the Bay ... via

. wait for it - -

Benson Gyrocopter.

Cute one-man gadget.
No web then.. but finally read a few about the home-built rotors and the consequences of error.

[OK - ya could buy those preassembled: a Good Plan, I wotted..]

There was an adequate parking lot on the Hill, for the roll-out.
Started calculating..
Leather jacket, goggles [check]
Radio.. in event ditching looked imminent. (No GPS then, either)
No sweat if engine died - autorotate does fine.
But >THEY< wouldn't let me use it. Something about Rulez for experimental aircraft.
Government is always a coward.

Dream extinguished.
Life saved. No boat {sob}.

New Have later rule changes made it permissible,as "ultralight"?
New Most certainly
But it sounded like "they" might have been his employer not wanting the thing in the parking lot.

We posture as apostles of fair play, as good sportsmen, as professional knights-errant-- and we throw beer bottles at the umpire when he refuses to cheat for our side...We save the black-and-tan republics from their native [statesmen]--and flood them with "deserving" democrats of our own. We deafen the world with our whoops for liberty--and submit to laws that destroy our most sacred rights...We play policeman and Sunday-school superintendent to half of Christendom--and lynch a darky every two days in our own backyard.

H.L. Mencken, 1914
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 05:44:08 AM EDT
New Nah.. all the troops woulda Loved It -
place lousy with engineers, machinists, tool & die pros (who helped on some er, motorcycle bits, now and then.) I learned to use a milling machine! along with lathes and such, early on. Science as -- one huge sand box; make your own toys! (in between making particles go faster n'stuff, natch.)

but what with The Regents of the Univ.. + Fed contracts all over, lawyer-think was pretty inescapable. I'd have been just too bloody Visible, y'know? Had it not been thus, I'm sure that within a few weeks I'd have had the swinkiest Gyrocopter around - some titanium might even have been found in 'salvage'.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
the saddest are these: it might have been.
-- Anon

New Anon exposed: John Greenleaf Whittier!
But, hey, the page is called [link|http://www.emule.com/2poetry/phorum/read.php?7,151984,151987|Lost Poetry Quotations], so it seems you're not alone. :-)

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New Boffo find..
'Twas a nefarious plot aided by sloth, of course - picking Anon as the famous author. I knew Someone'd Google the sucker - I know I first heard it as a tyke, and it stuck :-)

Damn.. another time-sink. But the Best kind!
Gracias

New Hope you're having a good one
Will there be cake and beer tonight?
New There was
Great day - good weather - spent it doing carpentry

H.L. Mencken, 1914
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 05:44:14 AM EDT
New Lines on Nabokov's (& Todd's) birthday - 4/23/82
Penned 25 years ago on the intended occasion of an illicit liaison, RC being in the event left figuratively waiting at the altar:
Tryst Missed

The best-laid plans
Don't always pan
The best-planned lays
Gang aft agley—
I wonder what Robt. Burns would say?
The spoke in the wheel turned out to be utterly trivial, but the opening, toward which I'd been moving my pieces at that point for a dozen years, never came round again. Given that down the line relations between the principals and the secondaries fell universally apart, I still regret that the stars were so perversely misaligned on a date to which I woke with my hopes priapically high. I hope that you had a good sixteenth birthday, or whatever it was, Todd B.

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New Amusing

H.L. Mencken, 1914
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 05:44:12 AM EDT
New Belated wishes from here!

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New HB, T!
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
     Happy birthday, Todd! (ToddBlanchard) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (23)
         Happy Birthday! -NT - (imric)
         Make some nice smalltalk at your party... ;-) -NT - (CRConrad)
         Happy birthday, Todd! -NT - (Steve Lowe)
         Happy birthday Todd. -NT - (Silverlock)
         Have a great time, Todd. Happy Birthday. -NT - (Another Scott)
         HB2U! -NT - (Yendor)
         oh happy day! -NT - (bepatient)
         Another one bites the dust! -NT - (jake123)
         Ar, it be a great day for great men! ;-) -NT - (admin)
         Thanks muchly - (tuberculosis)
         Better late than never - Happy Birthday -NT - (jbrabeck)
         Sail On --> into the sunset (lucky bastridge!) - (Ashton) - (5)
             Have later rule changes made it permissible,as "ultralight"? -NT - (CRConrad) - (4)
                 Most certainly - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                     Nah.. all the troops woulda Loved It - - (Ashton) - (2)
                         Anon exposed: John Greenleaf Whittier! - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             Boffo find.. - (Ashton)
         Hope you're having a good one - (Lily) - (1)
             There was - (tuberculosis)
         Lines on Nabokov's (& Todd's) birthday - 4/23/82 - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Amusing -NT - (tuberculosis)
         Belated wishes from here! -NT - (Nightowl)
         HB, T! -NT - (Meerkat)

Unless I missed it, I don't think that they had Barbie in mind as one of the 4 horsemen.
212 ms