IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A brand new adventure
I decided I needed to do something different. Something that will help me dig out of this post-divorce debt I've accrued. Something that does not include mass casualties and terrorist threats and being on call 24/7.

So now I'm going to be a complex case manager. I'll visit hospitals, find the high risk medical cases and work with their health plan to help the patients access and coordinate treatment. No more working from home in my jammies, but a heck of salary increase and benefits. Real health care benefits!! Yay!
New corngrats I hope :-)
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Re: corngrats I hope :-)
You can say congrats. I've been working at home for 6 years. It's been great for the mothering thing, but we've had no benefits. No 401k. No health care. Nothing. And the pay was awful. Each year I've watched my net worth drop. Scary stuff. Plus, the isolation was really getting to me. I'm a people person, dammit! Put me by myself day after day, year after year... well, bad things happen. Always a balancing act. Weighing my needs with those of my kids. It hasnt been easy.
So the kids are older now. They can handle me working away from home (I hope). Time to make some changes.

There. You've just gotten the tape that's been play through my head for the last couple of months as I've talked myself into doing this.

New good, you are ready this time, go get em
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

New Re: "my kids"
That was the one unexpressed question I had about this. The last time you "backtracked" it was because of the kids. They are not only older, they are more adaptable then you think. They'll manage. So, no more guilt trips on your part this time! OK? :)
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New I read that a bit wrong
adaptable->adoptable
New :-) You're a bad man! :-)
New You looking for 2 more?
*Snort* :-D
New Ahhh. The last time.
The last time I was laid off unexpectedly. I was forced to find something and I wasnt ready. My ex had just picked up and moved to Iowa without telling us, the kids were traumatized. It was a bad, bad time. I'm doing this on my terms now, so the guilt is much less. It's time.

Plus, this time around I have a great friend who constantly bombards me with:
"Fuck this! Your boss is taking advantage of you! GET OUT! You like being fucked over? You can do this!!" And my all time favorite, "Now that you have a new job you can support me in the manner in which I am accustom to." Yeah. Like *that's* going to happen.
New And still helping those in need.
Bless your heart...and good luck!
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New It's a sickness.
New Glad you caught it then...
cause most everyone else seems immune.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Excellent news. Congrats! And ditto Beep's sentiments. :-)
New Way to go!
Good luck and have fun shopping for a "working" wardrobe :)
Smile,
Amy
New Just came back from shopping!
Skirts, dresses, suits, slacks, jewelry, blouses, panty hose, slips, camisoles, plus a new watch and of course a new purse. All pretty springy, femininy items. And best of all, I did it for under $500 bucks. Pretty damn good bargain shopping for 2 full weeks of business clothes! Wheeeee!
New Damn!
You did great! Where did you find all them bargains? I want a new wardrobe :)
Smile,
Amy
New Dress Barn
You have those out there? Huge sales. I was like a woman possessed.
New holding. holding, holding!
barn bhwoohahaha!!!!
sorry couldnt resist
thanx,
billl

New This
Coming from a man who once proudly wore an all white polyester suit.
New Aha - that explains the recent Cuba thread.
The BOx must have been Alec Guinness in an earlier life.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New The great thing for you is
you get to repeat the experience four times a year (summer, fall, winter, then spring again), since this time you only bought "All pretty springy, femininy items."

--Tony
New I know!
I'm thrilled to the point of orgasm!
New I've heard spending money can do that.
Cause thrills that is.
-----------------------------------------
You can fire an at will employee for good cause or no cause, but not bad cause.
New You go, girl!
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New One of the few times I've really felt good about...
something.

This is one of them. Great luck and have a buncha good times.

I hope this turns out better.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
Freedom is not FREE.
Yeah, but 10s of Trillions of US Dollars?
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;

0 rows returned.
New That was a really, really nice thing for you to say.
Thank you.
New Is being complex a job requirement?
Sorry, I couldn't resist. Congrats and a big ol' attaboy girl to you.
-----------------------------------------
Draft Clark [link|http://draftwesleyclark.com/|now].
New Why do you think I got the job?
I'm a perfect fit.
New Good on ya, congratumalations!
New Felicitations! Good luck with the new job!
New You should have negotiated
the right to continue wearing your jammies before you signed on the dotted line ;-)

Congratulations!
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:golf_lover44@yahoo.com|contact me]
New I just read this to my wife
She welled up. Good for you.
===

Kip Hawley is still an idiot.

===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Oh stop
You'll get me going.
New YESSSSS!
Aw-right, Bio...
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
New Excellent! Good luck and enjoy!

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Good deal.
Bennies and no mass casualties is to the good.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Good luck with it!
While materialism is decried by many, not having to scrape for necessities is usually a really good thing. And the health bennies are always a good thing.
Hope it works well for you.

Hugh
New You know what I've noticed?
There's an old saying that whenever you hear how money isn't everything, the person who's talking has plenty of it already. I've found that's not always true. But when the person saying it doesn't already have plenty of money, it's a safe bet they aren't responsible for supporting any children.
===

===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
New Oooh Health Care
I wish I could get health care. :-/

Money is good. Save save save - the post Bush economic collapse is just around the corner. I recommend gold - in a shoebox.

I4 NOW!

Impeach, Indict, Incarcerate, Inject
Bush, Cheney, Gonzalez, Rumsfeld, Rove, Rice
New Todd Blanchard is the shit.
Nobody should ever listen to any other economics guru again.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New Thou sayest.. (Missed this, at bottom of forumibus)
Yeah ... He Got it.
That there's no chance for any decent Econ arguments ever to occur, in Real-liff; once an Econ-type drops into the pseudo-scientific cant (of his particular sect)
no interrupts can function--they're disabled in the kernel.

Hell, I'd take Your econ (-next?) advice over Bernanke's, this sorry descendant of that earlier Stupid-old guy..
(without whose iggerant/mindless support: the Cheney Shogunate might have killed US for only a few years..)
New Fab news! Hope you buy a complex briefcase to match :)
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New Congratulations
I'd add more, but everyone beat me to it.

Good luck, and remember, we're here when the new job starts to get to you and you need to vent.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Truly encouraging
to hear that there still exist a few jobs worth doing - and that you Got One :-)

Couldn't happen to a nicer biomechanical organism, I wot..

New congrats!
Darrell Spice, Jr.            Trendy yet complex\nPeople seek me out - though they're not sure why\n[link|http://spiceware.org/gallery/ArtisticOverpass|Artistic Overpass]                      [link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare]
New Much less angst
You are much less worried about the new job than the last one.
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
New Why does everyone keep saying that?
Dont you people forget ANYTHING? ;-)
New No
[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/user?userid=649&forumid=10|http://z.iwethey.org...id=649&forumid=10]
===

===

New Oh, go away Drew.
New Congratulations!!
I'm sorry I'm so behind in getting to this thread, but I think the new job sounds like a great move!

I had hoped to be searching for a job myself by this time this year, but my mom's medical problems sort of negated that for months. Besides, I think when or if it's supposed to happen, it will happen, so no worries. Family is more important, and my mom and dad seem to need me right now.

What I'm sort of trying to say, is this one does seem like the right time, because you have a totally different approach and are definitely sounding ready!

Good luck!

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
     A brand new adventure - (bionerd) - (49)
         corngrats I hope :-) -NT - (boxley) - (7)
             Re: corngrats I hope :-) - (bionerd) - (6)
                 good, you are ready this time, go get em -NT - (boxley)
                 Re: "my kids" - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                     I read that a bit wrong - (crazy) - (2)
                         :-) You're a bad man! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                         You looking for 2 more? - (bionerd)
                     Ahhh. The last time. - (bionerd)
         And still helping those in need. - (bepatient) - (2)
             It's a sickness. -NT - (bionerd) - (1)
                 Glad you caught it then... - (bepatient)
         Excellent news. Congrats! And ditto Beep's sentiments. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Way to go! - (imqwerky) - (9)
             Just came back from shopping! - (Lily) - (8)
                 Damn! - (imqwerky) - (4)
                     Dress Barn - (Lily) - (3)
                         holding. holding, holding! - (boxley) - (2)
                             This - (Lily) - (1)
                                 Aha - that explains the recent Cuba thread. - (CRConrad)
                 The great thing for you is - (tonytib) - (2)
                     I know! - (Lily) - (1)
                         I've heard spending money can do that. - (Silverlock)
         You go, girl! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         One of the few times I've really felt good about... - (folkert) - (1)
             That was a really, really nice thing for you to say. - (bionerd)
         Is being complex a job requirement? - (Silverlock) - (1)
             Why do you think I got the job? - (bionerd)
         Good on ya, congratumalations! -NT - (CRConrad)
         Felicitations! Good luck with the new job! -NT - (jake123)
         You should have negotiated - (lincoln)
         I just read this to my wife - (drewk) - (1)
             Oh stop - (bionerd)
         YESSSSS! - (jb4)
         Excellent! Good luck and enjoy! -NT - (imric)
         Good deal. - (admin)
         Good luck with it! - (hnick) - (1)
             You know what I've noticed? - (drewk)
         Oooh Health Care - (tuberculosis) - (2)
             Todd Blanchard is the shit. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 Thou sayest.. (Missed this, at bottom of forumibus) - (Ashton)
         Fab news! Hope you buy a complex briefcase to match :) -NT - (Meerkat)
         Congratulations - (jbrabeck)
         Truly encouraging - (Ashton)
         congrats! -NT - (SpiceWare)
         Much less angst - (warmachine) - (4)
             Why does everyone keep saying that? - (bionerd) - (3)
                 No - (drewk) - (2)
                     Oh, go away Drew. -NT - (bionerd) - (1)
                         Congratulations!! - (Nightowl)

Must be what keeps your hair up.
150 ms