IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New True, but ...
money is a social construct after all
And each piece of it is worth what each person chooses to give up for it. You'll give me an hour of your time for one that has a picture of Ben Franklin on it? Cool. You'll take a Washington? Even better (for me). As long as no one is coerced into giving up more time or goods than they want for a particular amount of money -- or vice versa -- everything's good.

But what happens when I want to trade my labor for some of my neighbor's goods? He wants a new website, I want his used car. We agree to the deal, and everything's good. Until someone notices that I didn't pay any taxes on that car, and he didn't pay any on that design work.

If money is a social convention that we all choose to respect because we can't always find someone to do a one-to-one barter with, that's great. But when the government won't allow you to barter without assigning a monetary value to what you've done and paying taxes on it, that's coercive.
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Yes, it is coercive
But some things that virtually everyone wants won't happen without coercion.

That's called reality.

Cheers,
Ben
The great masses of people ... will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one. -- Adolf Hitler
New I don't see how they can stop you
Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy
Saturday 8 PM - 11 PM ET
All Night Rewind 11 PM - 5 PM
Reggae, African and Caribbean Music
[link|http://wxxe.org|Tune In]
     helmets, seat belts and french fries private property rights - (boxley) - (47)
         The statement 'There is no middle ground' is . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         I love Joey Vento - (bepatient) - (8)
             Everyone? - (broomberg) - (7)
                 Sure...and me too. - (bepatient) - (6)
                     How much weight have you lost since the heart attack? -NT - (broomberg) - (2)
                         -25 +5 - (bepatient) - (1)
                             Interesting target - (broomberg)
                     How much weight have you lost since the heart attack? -NT - (broomberg)
                     I agree as well. - (hnick)
                     Actually, I agree, too. - (jb4)
         Wonder if he is consistant - (JayMehaffey)
         Trouble with libertarianism - (andread) - (35)
             They'd love to - (drewk)
             A Libertarian would prefer to pay for the services himself - (admin) - (12)
                 Toll roads - (drewk) - (7)
                     So I'm going to pay a toll to drive to the grocery store? - (admin) - (6)
                         That first paragraph I was playing devil's advocate - (drewk)
                         'Easypass' for everything. At every intersection - (imric) - (4)
                             Screw you - (drewk) - (3)
                                 Go get a glass of warm milk, cookies, and take a nap. ;-j -NT - (jbrabeck) - (2)
                                     Can I make it a donut instead? - (drewk) - (1)
                                         Lullaby.... z z z z z ........... -NT - (jbrabeck)
                 Services - (andread) - (3)
                     True, but ... - (drewk) - (2)
                         Yes, it is coercive - (ben_tilly)
                         I don't see how they can stop you -NT - (andread)
             They aren't that over the edge - (bepatient) - (20)
                 What the H... is an Objectivist now? -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                     What's a "H..."? -NT - (pwhysall)
                     Ayn Rand...who is John Gault...you know them. -NT - (bepatient)
                 over the edge - (andread) - (16)
                     unions? - (bepatient) - (15)
                         Social Security && National Parks.....&& more... - (Simon_Jester) - (6)
                             you mean... - (andread) - (5)
                                 Could you add some punctuation? - (drewk) - (4)
                                     ,:;.? -NT - (andread) - (1)
                                         ~!@#$%^&*() -NT - (drewk)
                                     It's a Reggae Haiku. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         Regulate! -NT - (drewk)
                         like I said 'no unions' -NT - (andread) - (7)
                             you think the gov't is necessary - (bepatient) - (6)
                                 Depends on the government... - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                     I don't have a shades of grey view of unions - (jake123) - (3)
                                         They did many good things. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             That's nice - (jake123) - (1)
                                                 I seem to have struck a nerve. - (Another Scott)
                                 Yet without them - (imric)

Real live veggie burgers -- they cook 'em 'til they're pink.
133 ms