Reread the first post. Especially this bit:

As a matter of fact, I believe that if I had actually wanted any parental contact over these past 15 years, I would have had to go to court to get them.

Understanding that we're only getting one side, there seems to have been contact issues on both sides.

bionerd writes:
All she wants is to learn a little bit more about you so she can figure out who she is. It's not really about you at all. It's about her.

If that's all it's about, then a better way would have been for his daughter to contact him herself. That likely wouldn't have worked either, I'm guessing, but there might have been less baggage with that attempt. I have trouble taking the mother's comments at face value on this issue. (But I'm taking his with a grain of salt as well.)

As I implied earlier, I understand his frustration, but I don't think that he's handled it very well. Like it or not, she's his. It's not the daughter's fault that she's here. Presumably he was tricked; that's unfortunate, but that's the way it goes. It's good he's paid support, but he should do more for her now. Answering some e-mails or maybe meeting her for lunch wouldn't be a big hardship for him. (He can insist on it being a one-time meeting if he wants.)

In other words, sometimes you get dealt a bad hand. How you play it shows the world, and yourself, your character.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.