IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'm the opposite.
Snacking just makes me hungry. I think I put on 2-3 pounds on the weekend just because food is much more readily available at home than at work. When I was in my early 20s, I would eat a pound bag of Doritos on a long car drive and still still feel hungry at the end.

I've also found that some of the "hunger" pangs I feel aren't really hunger. It's more of "it's time to eat!" pang than a "my stomach hurts because I haven't eaten in 3 days" pang. Habits based on the clock are hard to break... I used to occasionally not eat for a day just to remind myself of what real, as opposed to fake, hunger felt like. But I haven't done that in a while.

But people are different. If you find something that works for you, stick with it.

Best of luck with the diet!

Cheers,
Scott.
New 2-3 pound in 3 days?
A pound of fat is about 7,000 calories. But you'd need to take in around 10,000 calories (depends on what type coming in) to make it.

That 20,000 - 30,000 excess calories. Over and above the 2,500 (or so) you should be eating every day. You'd need to be eating a about 1.3 lbs of pure butter or some other fat a day, for the entire time. And storing it all. Or 70 ounces of hard liquor a day

Are you SURE it is not water?

A pound of Doritos would make you mighty thirsty.
Once ounce of Doritos contains 140 calories.
16 x 140 = 2,240 calories.
So you'd need to eat about 4 pounds of Doritos to gain 1 pound of fat.

My weight can fluctuate 8 pounds in a single day, but I know it's fluid. The norm is 6 pounds.

I go to sleep at 179.
I wake up, take a shower, take a leak, and I'm 173.

Hell, with my fancy new scale I'm even keeping track of fluid percentage.

And since the Dr scolded me for cholesterol, 1've just finished my 2nd meal of oatmeal for the day. No sugar, splenda, a bit of milk, about 160 calories.

As far as snacking - it does make a huge difference. As long as you are snacking on the right things. The key is to keep your body in anabolic mode, and avoid catabolic state. Which a continuous stream of food that triggers insulin response will do. Just keep the calories low enough so your body uses and not stores, and life is good.
New Try again
One pound of body fat is [link|http://www.weightlossforall.com/calories-per-pound.htm|3500 calories].
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Grrr - thanks
I knew 3500 was the magical number, and for some reason thought it was muscle.

So cut all my calcs in 1/2, and still come up with a really large amount to deal with when trying to add weight fast.

On the other hand, it makes me a lot happer every time I burn 700 calories on the eliptical machine.
New It seems that way sometimes...
I weigh myself every morning, but don't keep a log.

In the last few months, I've been able get down to ~ 156-157 pounds during the week, but Monday morning I often weigh 158-159. I'm more active on the weekend than during the week. This seems pretty consistent, so it's probably not an anomaly.

(I usually put on 5+ pounds between Thanksgiving and Springtime. I don't eat as much when it's hot.)

I'll stop eating a meal or two for a few days if I hit 160 pounds. My ideal weight is probably 145-150 but it's been a couple of years or more since I've been below 150. I'm 5'9".

I agree it's probably mostly water, but I do snack much more on the weekend and have differnt meals for lunch. E.g. instead of having a big grilled chicken breast salad with no dressing and about 12 oz of water for lunch, an apple and an orange as an afternoon snack, and half a roll of LifeSavers just before going home, I'll have 2 hot dogs on toasted wheat bread with brown mustard and a sprinking of mozzarella cheese, a can of Progresso Lenil soup, and about 15 Town House crackers and about 16 oz water for lunch. Then I'll have about 4-6 Dove ice cream nuggets as snacks during the afternoon.

I got one of those body fat scales for XMas. I'll have to get it out and see what it says and keep a log. Thanks for the nudge.

Cheers,
Scott.
New 5'9" and worried about hitting 160?
Bastard.
New Heh.
[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=186479|#186479].

Like Adminiscott, I was [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=22916|thin ] for a long time, but the weight [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=65499|catches up with you] as you age if you're not vigilant (and sometimes even if you are).

Cheers,
Scott.
     Diets... oh how I love and hate them. - (folkert) - (31)
         Good luck, man! - (a6l6e6x) - (8)
             You never feel full... - (folkert) - (7)
                 I'm the opposite. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                     2-3 pound in 3 days? - (broomberg) - (5)
                         Try again - (Yendor) - (1)
                             Grrr - thanks - (broomberg)
                         It seems that way sometimes... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             5'9" and worried about hitting 160? - (broomberg) - (1)
                                 Heh. - (Another Scott)
         I wish you long-term luck -NT - (ben_tilly) - (2)
             This time, I plan to STAY ON the Hacker's Diet! -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                 We do lots of things we don't plan to - (ben_tilly)
         dieting will only get you so far, - (cforde) - (7)
             Hacker's Diet has an exercise program -NT - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                 Speaking of which - (broomberg) - (5)
                     Sounds familiar - (drewk) - (1)
                         yeah yeah yeah -NT - (broomberg)
                     Be careful. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Don't worry - (broomberg)
                     if you pulled yer pud that many times a day - (boxley)
         good luck, -NT - (boxley)
         Weighed myself this morn... - (folkert) - (2)
             Great! Slow and steady... Keep us informed. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Ah, one of the neat things about this - (Ashton)
         Weighed myself this morn... - (folkert) - (6)
             "Progress is our most important product!" - (a6l6e6x)
             Excellent. Keep it up! -NT - (Another Scott)
             I've started hitting the Diet Dew - (drewk) - (2)
                 I haven't found anything other than ONLINE -NT - (folkert)
                 Diet coffee is a lot easier to find. -NT - (Silverlock)
             good doins -NT - (boxley)

It is toilet- ka ka crap as in the egregiously unfunny and unwatchable SNL.
63 ms