IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New NFL Playoffs, Week 2
Hmm. So the NFC Week 1 playoffs completely befuddled me. Not really surprising, since I don't follow the NFC at all.

So this weekend, we have:

WSH at SEA: Seattle romps.
CAR at CHI: It's still January. In Chicago. On the Lake. Say no more.

The AFC, however, was kind to me. Picks remain the same:

AFC Week 2:
NE at DEN: October 16: DEN wins 28-20. Same bat-teams, same bat-venue, same bat-outcome.
PIT at IND: Two words: Peyton Manning.
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Re: NFL Playoffs, Week 2
I would be careful...Carolina is an upset team. Chicago is gonna need to score some points, regardless of the defense. My pick is Carolina (sorry).

Seattle will destroy the Redskins...the last fraud remaining in the playoffs.

AFC is alot more competitive next week.

New England should frighten anyone. They're in the playoffs...and they are AMAZING in the playoffs. Denver weather won't frighten a New England team. Snow favors Brady. In fact, Brady makes me favor New England in this game.

As a Steelers fan, I actually was hoping for this matchup against the Colts. It all depends on how much Pitt decides to play 2 deep and how well the d-line gets after manning. Pitt offense can score against their defense now that Big Ben is healthy. Want the Steelers to win...but must say odds are against it.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Ditto. Unless Pay-a-Ton Manning has a Palmer day.
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New Me too!
I'm excited about the Colts Vs the Steelers tomorrow. This should be an exciting game. I'm looking forward to actually relaxing and just watching it, instead of dealing with anything else. :)

And New England went DOWN!

Brenda

"I'll rock the darn boat all I want to, and if it's meant to stay afloat, then it will. If not, then we'll just all go down with the bloody ship!"
New Go Steelers!
--
Steve
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu]
New Yeah baby, yeah!
/me waves the Terrible Towel!
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

New WOOHOO!!!! On the board first!
One can hope.

New the D is giving manning fits, 1 reception so far
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Now THAT was a football game! rust belt superbowl anyone?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Oh man
I thought the final 3 minutes of that was going to put me back in the hospital.

Pittsburg has to kick back to Colts up 21 to 18 with a minute and a half. The defense force the Colts to turn over on downs and gets the ball back on the 4.

Betis fumbles on the next play and it's looking like a highlight trailer runback for the Colts. Ben stops the run, the defense holds one final time and the Colts have to kick a 46 yard for a tie. Way wide right.

Jay
New Breath.......MUST breath :-)

New Tell me about it!
I was holding my breath sooooo much... man, I could feel it! What an unbelievable tackle Ben made, and what luck it was that the Colts missed the field goal...

Man, this is looking like it may turn out to be a really exciting Super Bowl! The Panthers just finished off the Bears, so it's gonna be Panthers against Seahawks and Steelers against Broncos! I predict it will be Steelers Vs Panthers for the Bowl.

Brenda

"I'll rock the darn boat all I want to, and if it's meant to stay afloat, then it will. If not, then we'll just all go down with the bloody ship!"
New Turns out it did for one guy
[link|http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/specials/playoffs/2005/01/17/bc.fbn.heart.stoppingst.ap/index.html?cnn=yes|Sports Illustrated]
Talk about a heart-stopping game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Indianapolis Colts.

Terry O'Neill, 50, of Pittsburgh, was watching the game at a bar and had a heart attack seconds after Jerome Bettis fumbled trying to score from the 2-yard line late in the fourth quarter. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger prevented the Colts' Nick Harper from returning the recovered ball for a touchdown and the Steelers hung on for a 21-18 win.

Hopefully Pittsburg crushes Denver the entire game and spares me this risk.

Jay
New Re: Turns out it did for one guy
Hopefully Pittsburg crushes Denver the entire game and spares me this risk.

I can pray for that outcome, Jay! Take it easy and enjoy the game! The Steelers are already a touchdown and field goal ahead, so we're off to a good start!

Brenda

New grumblesnarlphooey
--
Steve
New Re: grumblesnarlphooey
I'm confused, didn't you root for the Steelers a little ways up in this thread?

Brenda

New yeah, for them to beat Indy
--
Steve
New Whoo hoo!!!! Steelers are going to the BOWL!
Well looks like my praying worked! ;)

Pittsburgh just won 34-17, and we're going to the Super Bowl!!!!!

Owls are doing the happy dance!

Brenda

New I'll second that!

New yes thank you tampa, lynch and gold are great
New Don't forget to thank the redskins for Bailey!
I think the Broncos got the better end of that trade.
--
Steve
New that was even, what both teams needed
     NFL Playoffs, Week 2 - (Yendor) - (21)
         Re: NFL Playoffs, Week 2 - (bepatient) - (20)
             Ditto. Unless Pay-a-Ton Manning has a Palmer day. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Me too! - (Nightowl) - (18)
                 Go Steelers! -NT - (Steve Lowe) - (14)
                     Yeah baby, yeah! - (bepatient) - (12)
                         WOOHOO!!!! On the board first! - (bepatient) - (11)
                             the D is giving manning fits, 1 reception so far -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Now THAT was a football game! rust belt superbowl anyone? -NT - (boxley)
                             Oh man - (JayMehaffey) - (8)
                                 Breath.......MUST breath :-) -NT - (bepatient)
                                 Tell me about it! - (Nightowl)
                                 Turns out it did for one guy - (JayMehaffey) - (5)
                                     Re: Turns out it did for one guy - (Nightowl) - (4)
                                         grumblesnarlphooey -NT - (Steve Lowe) - (2)
                                             Re: grumblesnarlphooey - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                                 yeah, for them to beat Indy -NT - (Steve Lowe)
                                         Whoo hoo!!!! Steelers are going to the BOWL! - (Nightowl)
                     I'll second that! -NT - (Nightowl)
                 yes thank you tampa, lynch and gold are great -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                     Don't forget to thank the redskins for Bailey! - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                         that was even, what both teams needed -NT - (boxley)

Inquiring minds want to scream.
157 ms