IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Also, a query...
...If, during your research, you turn up some good intarweb sites that talk about the value of coins and stuff, I would appreciate if you could send them along. My parents recently moved from NJ to NC, and in their move, I got all of Dad's old coins. Going through them one day, I found some foreign coins, and I have no idea what their value is.

For instance, one of the coins I found was a Five Reichsmark coin dated 1935, with the Third Reich Eagle holding a swastika. My grandfather must have brought this back from Germany during WWII. I figured that might be one of the most expensive pieces in the entire collection, despite the fact that it didn't look to be in such hot condition. Then I looked on eBay. Average price for other Reichsmark coins of the same vintage? US$3.00.

Talk about disappointment.
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Did you look at "completed" auctions?
I saw one from 1936 that went for $90.00.

Roger willco on the websites, Mike.

I'll bet there are some good books at the library as well. I will be happy to share any and all info that I cull over the next few moons.

Peace,
Amy

Oh Freddled Gruntbuggly!
Expand Edited by imqwerky Oct. 5, 2005, 10:57:35 PM EDT
New Velly intelesting
I'm not an eBayer by any stretch of the imagination. My searching has been limited to going to [link|http://www.ebay.com/|http://www.ebay.com/] and typing in "Reichsmark" in the search for what you're looking for textbox.

If they really are going for more than $3, then perhaps when I get some spare time, I'll go figure out what these things are really worth.

Heh.

"When I get some spare time." As if.
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
     Who do I trust? - (imqwerky) - (22)
         Find a local apprasier, check stores on the web too. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Thanks! - (imqwerky)
         Why appraise them? - (ben_tilly) - (19)
             Re: Why appraise them? - (imqwerky) - (3)
                 IIRC... - (ben_tilly)
                 OK, I found the research - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     Yes, I've heard that - people don't like reserves. - (Andrew Grygus)
             Re: Why appraise them? - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 People on eBay will buy anything. - (admin)
             I would think she would get more for the entire collection - (bionerd) - (12)
                 Yep - (imqwerky)
                 Usually not - (ben_tilly) - (10)
                     Definitely. - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                         Onesies, twosies, threesies - (imqwerky) - (8)
                             Another tip - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                 Thanks for the info - (imqwerky)
                             Centavos from Japan? - (Yendor) - (2)
                                 I have, right in hand here . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     I never claimed to know everything about money... - (Yendor)
                             Also, a query... - (Yendor) - (2)
                                 Did you look at "completed" auctions? - (imqwerky) - (1)
                                     Velly intelesting - (Yendor)

There aren't many trolls in North Korea, either.
101 ms