IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Horrible (and graphic) thought
I keep getting this horrible vision of Susan enjoying the role of paramedic too much.

Someone is hit by an explosion. As he wakes up, lying on the floor, he sees the skin of his abdomen has been ruptured and a few lengths of his intenstine are exposed. It hurts too much to get up. He daren't get up. As he sees his bloodied hands, he's trying to hold back the thought that he's going to die. He's surprised to see a pair of boots by his shoulder. Attached to them is a uniformed women carrying a green, plastic first aid box but he can't see her face as she's looking at his abdomen. He'll find out soon enough. The woman squeals "Ooh! Look at his guts spilling out!"

Then a second, male paramedic with a reassuring smile crouches next to him and says "She's a closet pyromaniac, ya know." He turns to his colleague and says "You don't smoke that brand or use a lighter like that."

"I got them off that fella there." she replies as she points.

"He's dead!"

"Exactly! He doesn't need them."

Perhaps I should never work in emergency response.
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
Expand Edited by warmachine Aug. 7, 2005, 07:25:12 PM EDT
New Another graphic memory, from The Straight Dope.
I remember reading this Q&A: [link|http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a5_262.html|Does the head remain briefly conscious after decapitation?]

Is it possible? The aforementioned Dr. Fink believed the brain might remain conscious as long as 15 seconds; that's how long cardiac arrest victims last before blacking out. (Dr. Fink's colleague put the window of awareness at 5 seconds.) He also pointed out that people have remained alert after having had their spinal cords severed. Still, this didn't seem like the sort of question that could ever be conclusively resolved.

Or so I thought. Then I received a note from a U.S. Army veteran who had been stationed in Korea. In June 1989 the taxi he and a friend were riding in collided with a truck. My correspondent was pinned in the wreckage. The friend was decapitated. Here's what happened:

My friend's head came to rest face up, and (from my angle) upside-down. As I watched, his mouth opened and closed no less than two times. The facial expressions he displayed were first of shock or confusion, followed by terror or grief. I cannot exaggerate and say that he was looking all around, but he did display ocular movement in that his eyes moved from me, to his body, and back to me. He had direct eye contact with me when his eyes took on a hazy, absent expression . . . and he was dead.

I have spoken with the author and am satisfied that the event occurred as described. One can of course never be certain about these things. Nonetheless I repent my previous skepticism.

:-(

I occasionally have dreams of a gruesome personal death, but haven't noticed it recently. Thankfully.

My guess is that your dreams/visions are related to the events of the UK over the past month or so. :-( Hang in there.

Cheers,
Scott.
New People call me Stuart Smalley. I'm just perverse.
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
New :-D
New You want to set him straight, Matthew, or should I?
"My guess is that your dreams/visions are related to the events of the UK over the past month or so. :-( Hang in there."

Hmmm... my guess is his thoughts are related to a pyromanic mother of 2 in Michigan and the horrors that would ensue if said pyromanic mother actually did pursue a career in emergency medical response.

And BTW, I was transfixed with decapitations last spring in response to all those terrorist beheadings and spent a lot of time thinking about that.
New My literal brain had taken over again... :-)
New You've already done it
Mind you. It'll be interesting to know how well you'd fit into my horror story. I predict that you'd be delighted at the sight of guts but precisely know the effect on the wounded.
Matthew Greet

New You're pretty much right.
I'd be the one standing there saying:

Cool.
New and of course you will have your lighter moments
[link|http://www.local6.com/news/4815844/detail.html|http://www.local6.co...15844/detail.html]
Emergency workers helped a New Hampshire man out of a difficult situation over the weekend after a friend apparently locked a padlock around his testicles.

According to the Portsmouth Herald, police reported that the 39-year-old man was intoxicated when they arrived at the scene on July 30 at about 3:40 a.m. The man, who was not identified, told them that he had the padlock around his testicles for two weeks.

thanx,
bill
Just call me Mr. Lynch \\

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New 2 weeks!?! Good thing he didn't have to fly anywhere...
New Thanx for the chuckle, Box
Whilst our compadres wax sombre, nay morbid, it is our Noble Boxley who comes charging through the sanquinary thoughtfield on the White Horse of Levity, girded with the mighty Shield of Humor.

May I offer some assistance in that regard?

re:"Horrible and Graphic thought" if I were said woman, my line would be...
"Now, now, Pull yourself together." :-D

Pieces,
amy

/me ducks from the tomatoes

Illegitimi non corborundum.
New I, otoh
would hope to have the presence of warped-jello to utter,

(Well.. maybe.. just internally - less'n I Knowed the fucker was a real Fucker, like say.. Armani Suited + with a regularly berated Yes-Aide?)

Betcha won't have the guts to do That again, Bunky..

New You have a sick sense of humour. I like that.
Matthew Greet

Expand Edited by warmachine Aug. 7, 2005, 07:02:03 PM EDT
New Cool.
New lighter moments compensate for matchless moments

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New Very good
Matthew Greet

I sit here in my jammies, staring at the computer - (bionerd) - (40)
         ICLRPD - (imric)
         Yeah - that sucks. - (imric)
         Some other sites to check, if you haven't already. - (Another Scott)
         Doh! - (imqwerky) - (5)
             It's just a jump to the left! -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 Cute! - (imqwerky) - (3)
                     so I'll remove the cause... - (cforde) - (2)
                         I was watching midnight movies on Encore last night - (broomberg) - (1)
                             Didn't know Red Hat made movies! -NT - (jb4)
         Umm, Michigan Unemployment... - (folkert)
         Gah. Sorry. Am hoping to hear good news from you soon. -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Get dressed first - (warmachine) - (28)
             Aye-Freakin-MEN! -NT - (folkert)
             the jammies arent a symptom of depression - (bionerd) - (26)
                 Something disturbing about a paramedic who likes gore :) -NT - (warmachine) - (9)
                     Sure beats a paramedic that faints at the sight of it! :-D -NT - (imqwerky)
                     Better than a paramedic who likes Bush... - (jb4) - (7)
                         Hey, I like Bush! - (inthane-chan) - (6)
                             there will be no bush without pi -NT - (boxley)
                             What he ^^^^ said -NT - (jb4) - (4)
                                 You realize I'm also talking about Bush... - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                                     Oh, sure. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                         Nope, talking about three seperate Bushes. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                             s/Bush/the Berk/ in all my posts, and all will become clear! - (jb4)
                 Horrible (and graphic) thought - (warmachine) - (15)
                     Another graphic memory, from The Straight Dope. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                         People call me Stuart Smalley. I'm just perverse. -NT - (warmachine) - (1)
                             :-D -NT - (Another Scott)
                         You want to set him straight, Matthew, or should I? - (bionerd) - (11)
                             My literal brain had taken over again... :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                             You've already done it - (warmachine) - (1)
                                 You're pretty much right. - (bionerd)
                             and of course you will have your lighter moments - (boxley) - (7)
                                 2 weeks!?! Good thing he didn't have to fly anywhere... -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 Thanx for the chuckle, Box - (imqwerky) - (2)
                                     I, otoh - (Ashton)
                                     You have a sick sense of humour. I like that. -NT - (warmachine)
                                 Cool. -NT - (bionerd)
                                 lighter moments compensate for matchless moments -NT - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                     Very good -NT - (warmachine)

LRPDman! LRPDman! Does whatever a LRPD can!
94 ms