IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You mean...They're "quiet-challenged"?
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New "quiet-challenged"
How PC.

Yes, part of it is her breed, but I gotta get a handle on this nuisance barking. This is the 2nd beagle I've owned. The first one didnt bark nearly as much as dear Sadie. I tried the bark collar again- I thought maybe she was overly startled the first time and maybe that's why she reacted to strongly. But no, she got zapped and cried and whimpered hysterically. My kids both started crying when they saw her. Now that I have sufficiently traumatized the whole family I think it's best to take that vile collar back to the store. I'll make due with squirt guns and dog treats. I dont have the stomach for this aversion training.
New Well then, here ya go.
[link|http://store.worldpetstore.com/abancitcol.html|It's only $80].

[image|http://store1.yimg.com/I/worldpets_1847_68214999|0|Gentle Spray Citronella Bark Control|200|200]

:-/

Cheers,
Scott.
New Damn! Scott: __.o0\ufffd*[Google-fu | Epaulets Award]*\ufffd0o. (new thread)
Created as new thread #212388 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=212388|Damn! Scott: __.o0\ufffd*[Google-fu | Epaulets Award]*\ufffd0o.]
New I saw that when I was researching
Prefer that to what I bought but the pet store didnt carrying those and I didnt want to pay for shipping, so I impulsively bought what they had. Wont do that again.

Barking has decreased dramatically this morning- maybe she was a quick learner with the shock collar, maybe she's responding to some of the behavioral stuff I'm doing. My guess is she's scared shitless over that collar and will probably never bark again- she'll probably starting peeing in the house instead! Poor Sadie.
New Didn't say get a Barking Collar.
I got a training collar.

Big difference.

It take a person to control the thing.

Also, put the thing on the *SIDE* of the neck. It doesn't make them yipe there. (or as bad)
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
[image|http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg||||]
New In addition to the barking dog...now the collar barks too?
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     Barking dog is driving me insane - (bionerd) - (23)
         Is she trainable otherwise? - (Another Scott)
         empty squirter bottle, fill with water - (boxley) - (2)
             Good suggestions- - (bionerd) - (1)
                 well try the collar with the noise first then - (boxley)
         Yep, it can be a problem... - (dmcarls)
         I am going to tell you this once. - (folkert) - (14)
             s/in dogs/in dogs and small children/ -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 Well, okay, I'll grant you that. -NT - (folkert)
             I dont think you were mean - (bionerd) - (11)
                 She'll get over it.She'll be happier knowing you're happy 2. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Very Important... - (Nightowl)
                 Hmmm. - (Yendor) - (8)
                     No no no ... beagles are "vocal" - (drewk) - (7)
                         You mean...They're "quiet-challenged"? -NT - (Yendor) - (6)
                             "quiet-challenged" - (bionerd) - (5)
                                 Well then, here ya go. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     Damn! Scott: __.o0\ufffd*[Google-fu | Epaulets Award]*\ufffd0o. (new thread) - (Ashton)
                                     I saw that when I was researching - (bionerd)
                                 Didn't say get a Barking Collar. - (folkert) - (1)
                                     In addition to the barking dog...now the collar barks too? -NT - (bepatient)
         This just in - - (Ashton) - (2)
             Too rich for my blood - (bionerd) - (1)
                 ICLRPD * 2 (new thread) - (imric)

If I wanted conversations like that, I'd talk to my girlfriend on the phone.
55 ms