IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not entirely mistaken
Developers do unit test, but for the problems that they forsee. There are a lot of corner cases and variants on a theme that might not occur to the developer. Those are what system test is supposed to find. Unit test mainly picks up the mainstream faults. I know that system test has found problems with my stuff doing things that I never imagined.
New Well...that true, if
..they write the test after they write a given function. If they write the test before they write the function, the module tends to work properly for the input that conforms to the expected cases, and tends to fail (gracefully) for everything else...which is sort of what you'd expect from a properly written module.

And one tends to hope that input of the form, "the day before Bob's birthday," is not in the set of expected cases....
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

$whore++ - (drewk) - (31)
         Hey, maybe it'll work - (broomberg) - (22)
             I've got this theory - (drewk) - (17)
                 We'll see what really happens - (broomberg)
                 Argument strength - (tuberculosis) - (15)
                     Isn't that statement too strong? - (Another Scott) - (14)
                         You're both right - (drewk)
                         Not entirely mistaken - (hnick) - (1)
                             Well...that true, if - (jb4)
                         Developers. Testing. Same sentence. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                             Actual conversation *had* at work - (drewk) - (4)
                                 Preach it, brother. -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                     While I'm on the topic - (drewk) - (1)
                                         You worked for the Pentagon, right? _____________________;-j -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 I have to deal with that all the time >:-P - (imric)
                             Heh. Ben didn't call me Pollyanna for nothing. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                         You are, indeed, mistaken - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                             That's *one* of the people you want testing - (drewk) - (2)
                                 I'm reminded of an old story - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                     Bwahahahaaa - (jake123)
             I think it's just the opposite - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                 That attitude may be WHY you can't do it very well - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     Well, it's been 2 years since I worked with good QA people -NT - (Arkadiy)
             Sorry, dupe -NT - (Arkadiy)
         It seems to just roll off your tongue... - (folkert)
         Sounds like a nice challenge. Congrats! -NT - (Another Scott)
         On a deal like that - (tuberculosis)
         So where do we line up... - (ben_tilly) - (3)
             Can't happen - (drewk) - (2)
                 Here's what I think you're expecting... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     Heh, good point - (drewk)
         Confession is good for the soul. :) - (a6l6e6x)

The LRPD wots of things you wot not of.
69 ms