IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New for bionerd: context drawn from sub-primates
These prairie fires erupt here periodically, and believe it or not gender is not typically an issue (which should be no surprise given the 3:50 ratio of active members). Think of caged (or not) animals of a single species you've observed, either directly or through the lens of a documentarian, times past: birds, dogs or (for our present purposes) a colony of howler monkeys. Now and again, for reasons that probably make sense to the participants but which mystify the casual onlooker, a quarrel erupts, with much screeching, flailing, posturing and occasional biting and scratching exchanged within the troop. In nature this generally serves to settle dominance heirarchies. Because most of us at IWT have actually shed our tails by now (box will have to drop his drawers before I'm convinced), the dynamics are a little more complex. Times past these contretemps have led to the self-exile of valued members, but most of us are thicker-skinned.

Women are a rarity here, but once the friskier members of the troop have settled down you can look forward to attaining the coveted "one of the howler monkeys" status, which is already yours in the eyes of those of us, ahem, of breeding and discernment.

cordially,

[edit: typo]
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
Expand Edited by rcareaga April 8, 2005, 10:03:58 PM EDT
New You just admitted to being a well-bred howler monkey?
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New This has long been a gibbon, I mean, given.
brachiatingly,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New well, lets just say
dont accidently backup into my ass :-)
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of "true" Terry Pratchett
[link|http://boxleys.blogspot.com/|http://boxleys.blogspot.com/]

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 48 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Hmmm
I thought I was a "Howler Owl." ;)

Brenda

"The people of the world having once been deceived, suspect deceit in truth itself." -- Hitopadesa 600?-1100? AD, Sanskrit Fable From Panchatantr
     B.____S. - (Ashton) - (26)
         I gotta agree - (broomberg) - (4)
             684 members - (bepatient) - (3)
                 Huh? - (Silverlock) - (2)
                     You can kiss my ass also - (boxley) - (1)
                         Wouldn't know where to start -NT - (Silverlock)
         kiss my ass - (boxley) - (1)
             Why- You- (new thread) - (Ashton)
         Ughh. Can we just drop all this, please? - (bionerd) - (18)
             And here I was wanting to throw my two cents in.... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                 :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
             There is a good reason why we put up with him. - (folkert)
             My reasons were personal - (Nightowl) - (5)
                 I'm sorry - (bionerd) - (4)
                     Re: I'm sorry - (Nightowl)
                     Is this the FLAME forum or some gdamned group hug? - (screamer) - (2)
                         I vote for hug. -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Ohhh, I just wanna hugga-wuvva-snugga you-zee scweamzee! -NT - (admin)
             Drop? After that accusation?!?! - (broomberg) - (3)
                 Good thing it was yours - nobody else would want it! - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                     Fine. Be that way. -NT - (broomberg) - (1)
                         be that way, bitch, it is flame ya know -NT - (boxley)
             for bionerd: context drawn from sub-primates - (rcareaga) - (4)
                 You just admitted to being a well-bred howler monkey? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     This has long been a gibbon, I mean, given. - (rcareaga)
                 well, lets just say - (boxley)
                 Hmmm - (Nightowl)

Urine is turned into bouyancy.
358 ms