IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My reasons were personal
(Sidebar: I dont know why you folks put up with this Norm character for so long, but we can save that discussion for another time)

I put up with Norman as long as I did, because he was a personal friend whom I had known since 1988, and lives near me. I watched him deteriorate into this paranoid, schizo person, with suidcidal tendencies, and for over two years I tried everything in my power to remain that friend, to use all resources I had to help him, and to cope with his often abusive behavior towards me.

Last year on November 5th, I cracked, or should I say, I exploded... and gave up. I forced Norman out of my group, out of my life, and out of my sphere of responsibility. I could no longer cope with his behavior and how it was affecting me, my family and our friends. Sometimes I regret this decision, as I don't end friendships lightly, but I've had such peace since doing so, it usually serves to remind me it was my only choice to make.

He still tries to reach me at times, tries to make comments to others to feed back to me, but I remain unmoved, unwavering, because I have to protect me first, and my family, and he is bad for my health and my sanity.

I think the hardest thing I have ever done in my life was turn my back on him. But I also think I should have done it many years ago.

I hope that answers the question, at least for me anyway, Bio-nerd. :)

Brenda

"The people of the world having once been deceived, suspect deceit in truth itself." -- Hitopadesa 600?-1100? AD, Sanskrit Fable From Panchatantr
New I'm sorry
I read some of the old posts but didnt realize you were a long-time friend of his. I hope you didnt think I was being insensitive. From the sound of it, you did the right thing. Dont regret putting your needs first and taking care of yourself. If you dont do it, who will? Right? Stay strong. :-)
New Re: I'm sorry
I read some of the old posts but didnt realize you were a long-time friend of his. I hope you didnt think I was being insensitive. From the sound of it, you did the right thing. Dont regret putting your needs first and taking care of yourself. If you dont do it, who will? Right? Stay strong. :-)

I didn't think you were being insensitive at all, honestly. I asked myself the question of why I stayed friends with him and coped with him many many times over the two and a half years... and the main reason was because I was afraid for his young son, now 5 years old, I think, whom he cares for in the daytime. But in the end, it's not my responsibility, and I can't protect his son anyway, so I bowed out.

My regret is really that I hurt him, because I did, but I also saw no other way to extriciate myself from the mess he'd made.

Thanks, Bionerd. :)

Brenda

"The people of the world having once been deceived, suspect deceit in truth itself." -- Hitopadesa 600?-1100? AD, Sanskrit Fable From Panchatantr
Expand Edited by Nightowl April 8, 2005, 03:58:16 PM EDT
New Is this the FLAME forum or some gdamned group hug?
Yo, Nerd, welcome.
Yo, Owl, hello again.
Yo, both ya all... get a room, would ya?

:-)
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

But take your time, think a lot,
Why, think of everything you've got.
For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not.

Y. Islam - Father and Son
New I vote for hug.
;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Ohhh, I just wanna hugga-wuvva-snugga you-zee scweamzee!
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     B.____S. - (Ashton) - (26)
         I gotta agree - (broomberg) - (4)
             684 members - (bepatient) - (3)
                 Huh? - (Silverlock) - (2)
                     You can kiss my ass also - (boxley) - (1)
                         Wouldn't know where to start -NT - (Silverlock)
         kiss my ass - (boxley) - (1)
             Why- You- (new thread) - (Ashton)
         Ughh. Can we just drop all this, please? - (bionerd) - (18)
             And here I was wanting to throw my two cents in.... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                 :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
             There is a good reason why we put up with him. - (folkert)
             My reasons were personal - (Nightowl) - (5)
                 I'm sorry - (bionerd) - (4)
                     Re: I'm sorry - (Nightowl)
                     Is this the FLAME forum or some gdamned group hug? - (screamer) - (2)
                         I vote for hug. -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Ohhh, I just wanna hugga-wuvva-snugga you-zee scweamzee! -NT - (admin)
             Drop? After that accusation?!?! - (broomberg) - (3)
                 Good thing it was yours - nobody else would want it! - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                     Fine. Be that way. -NT - (broomberg) - (1)
                         be that way, bitch, it is flame ya know -NT - (boxley)
             for bionerd: context drawn from sub-primates - (rcareaga) - (4)
                 You just admitted to being a well-bred howler monkey? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     This has long been a gibbon, I mean, given. - (rcareaga)
                 well, lets just say - (boxley)
                 Hmmm - (Nightowl)

We've got a whole bag of *tsht* with your name on it!
474 ms