IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What, you think I'm (we are) curable?
About 9 years ago I was at a trade show, and I stumbled across a booth of a tech company that had been causing me about 2 weeks of misery. Of course, it was manned by a lying scumbag saleslime.

My brother (who was my boss at the time) and my sister (an NYC librarian) were with me.

I proceeded to tear into the salesguy until he ran in panic, handed me to their Chief Scientist, who I then reamed for a few minutes.

Upon witnessing this, my sister demanded to my brother that he fix me. He, in turn, sent me to people school. Landmark training. EST for the 90s.

My behaviour was markedly different for about 3 months. Which in turn annoyed everyone who I previously knew. They didn't like the new "nice" version of me.

And ya know something?

Neither did I!

It was an act. I don't like keeping up a facade, it is too difficult to keep track of the lies. And while they may not have all been lies, things I said and did were not natural for me.

But the training was very useful in allowing me to control my behaviour, my reactions, my interaction. That training was the best thing that ever happened to me, from a personal / financial perspective.

I could step back and observe without needing to react. I could observe with a detached viewpoint. I could pick my battles, and accept losses that weren't core the the effort of the moment.

On the other hand, when I decided the moment was not right for me to "perform" according to the script, when it was time to unleash the evil in me, well then, I could focus like I never could before in that way.

When my brother witnessed moments such of those, he said I rebounded from people training far worse then when I started.

He has a Master's in Counseling. That was his professional opinion.
New Sounds like me when I play Diplomacy.
     Starting a new thread about this... for easy use. - (folkert) - (57)
         You two... - (jake123)
         I'm sticking with Susan. - (bionerd) - (16)
             I have met Ben and he is much better looking than that! - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                 hmm-maybe you two should be getting the room! ;-) -NT - (bionerd) - (2)
                     Hah! :) - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                         *blush* -NT - (ben_tilly)
                 Surely you mean: - (admin)
             I make a practice of not posting my picture publically - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                 But you can answer the question - (broomberg) - (2)
                     Traditionally... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         Yeah, yeah - (broomberg)
                 tall dark strange, I mean stranger - (boxley)
             coward -NT - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                 Et tu Brutus? - (bionerd)
             He doesn't like showing his picture around -NT - (folkert)
             Why be Susan when you can be Everywhere Girl? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 'Cause she'd have to buy a license. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     D'oh! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Avatars should be 60x60... -NT - (admin) - (5)
             says mr. 64x64 -NT - (SpiceWare) - (2)
                 The word was "should", not "must". - (admin) - (1)
                     ICLRPD (new thread) - (Yendor)
             that emphasis... - (folkert)
             Lately, all the avatars look like Lemurs. -NT - (ChrisR)
         Pinup gal? - (warmachine) - (27)
             Some kinda druid dudes lifting the veil? -NT - (Another Scott)
             Thanks, but no. - (bionerd) - (20)
                 Mind games - (warmachine) - (19)
                     Actually, imagine a psycho - (broomberg) - (17)
                         bangbus?... -NT - (boxley) - (11)
                             You're a bad man, box. - (jake123) - (4)
                                 Luckily neither of you will be ON the bus... -NT - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                     Based on the above story - (broomberg) - (1)
                                         Um.... - (ben_tilly)
                                 If I remember you introduced ME to that :-) -NT - (boxley)
                             You just crossed the line.... - (bionerd) - (5)
                                 She says, scalpel in hand . . . -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 Bill has a fault in his social governor - (Silverlock)
                                 A Box story you might appreciate - (broomberg)
                                 you crossed your own imaginary line - (boxley) - (1)
                                     B.____S. (new thread) - (Ashton)
                         And you- I'm worried about you - (bionerd) - (3)
                             He's not the one you want on the couch - (drewk)
                             What, you think I'm (we are) curable? - (broomberg) - (1)
                                 Sounds like me when I play Diplomacy. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                         Allright... - (Nightowl)
                     "How did this happen?" - (bionerd)
             There is ... another -NT - (altmann) - (1)
                 A little 'bug. -NT - (Another Scott)
             sorry, its hard to beat a hottie like slugbug -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Sluggie's nice - (broomberg)
             Maybe so... - (Nightowl)
         QUIT FECKING SCARING HER! (new thread) - (folkert)
         I get nothing but a neurotic web server @ that link - (Steven A S) - (3)
             I removed it. - (folkert)
             Yeah, I verbally abuse and use a lead sap on it regular. - (folkert) - (1)
                 :-) Don't give it so much water from St. Louis.... -NT - (Another Scott)

The pursuit of balance can create imbalance because sometimes something is true.
63 ms