IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New If it was easy, why didn't IBM bother to do so?

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New Graphical CONFIG.SYS Editor
Back in my OS/2 days I wrote one. It only got to be about 60% done. Figuring out the container control was the toughest part and even then I still wasn't 100% on it. Most of the statements in CONFIG.SYS had a dialog box control in a tabbed window I think. Pretty slick. Anything it didn't recognize got relegated to an plain ol' edit box.

But it's days as a commercial desktop OS are long gone...

*sigh* It was great at the time to do some real multitasking on my 386SX-16/8MB (when 8MB was A LOT of memory) and later P90/16MB (that was still a lot of memory too.) Aside from some rough spots the interface was good at the time. I was really looking forward to OS/2-PPC... :-(
lister
     Why am I bothered with this . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (55)
         IIRC there were quite a few 'Oops! Damn!' posts - (Meerkat) - (2)
             ..and this explains why most software sucks - (deSitter) - (1)
                 "patently ridiculous" - (admin)
         Agreed, I hated it from nanosecond 1 - (deSitter) - (30)
             Hello and welcome to IWhingeThey - (Meerkat) - (29)
                 Re: Hello and welcome to IWhingeThey - (deSitter) - (28)
                     Forgive me Sir, I forgot I was one of the stupid. I bow,etc. -NT - (Meerkat)
                     You like Windows 95. - (pwhysall) - (26)
                         pwned. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                         Years ago - (deSitter) - (24)
                             You Talk Toss. - (pwhysall) - (23)
                                 Re: You Talk Toss. - (deSitter) - (22)
                                     OS/2's CONFIG.SYS gives the lie to that. - (pwhysall) - (21)
                                         Re: OS/2's CONFIG.SYS gives the lie to that. - (deSitter) - (2)
                                             If it was easy, why didn't IBM bother to do so? -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                 Graphical CONFIG.SYS Editor - (lister)
                                         Interface is beautiful, easy to use, and fast. - (imric) - (17)
                                             OS/2 is dead. Deader n' disco. Gone the way of the platform - (pwhysall) - (16)
                                                 ICLRPD - (Arkadiy)
                                                 Not as long at there are mainframes - (broomberg)
                                                 I disagree - (jake123) - (8)
                                                     You're wrestling with a pig, Jack. - (n3jja) - (7)
                                                         I'm still running an old Acorn box with RISCOS. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                                             *YAWN* -NT - (n3jja) - (5)
                                                                 YHBT. YHL. HAND. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                                                     Oi! Lay off! How dare you! Amiga is...oh, heh, you're right! -NT - (Meerkat)
                                                                     WordStar 7 on CP/M on Otrona: FOREVER!____bloody heathens -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                         forpro on fortunes, multiuser done right -NT - (boxley)
                                                                         GEOS on C64 43v4R! -NT - (inthane-chan)
                                                 Are not (were not?) most ATMs OS/2 -- re obv stability. -NT - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                     The Diebold ATMs were . Now NT :-( -NT - (hnick)
                                                     Not anymore - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                         ICLRPD (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                                                     Were. - (pwhysall)
         Maybe request a check box in Edit Preferences? :-p -NT - (Another Scott)
         Re: Why am I bothered with this . . . - (admin) - (16)
             Keep up the good work Scott - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                 No one admires his efforts and skill more than I do - (deSitter)
             Agreed - (broomberg) - (5)
                 Far better solution - (deSitter) - (4)
                     Re: Far better solution - (admin) - (3)
                         FFF. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             ... which is why I rarely complain about a feature. :-) - (static)
                         Almost what I said! - (broomberg)
             see: [post://168889] for suggestion. - (folkert)
             Geez, don't I get to bitch a little now and then? - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                 You *and* Ross set me off. - (admin) - (4)
                     Well, I certainly apologize for the offense . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         Re: Well, I certainly apologize for the offense . . - (admin) - (1)
                             It's a good thing he didn't complain about the dirty knife. - (ChrisR)
                     Re: You *and* Ross set me off. - (deSitter)
             I'm just curious - (Nightowl)
         Personally... (edited) - (folkert) - (1)
             I would like to get some productivity numbers - (boxley)
         Did I mention? (new thread) - (Ashton)

Anyone for a glass of gloat milk?
68 ms