IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: How very convenient for you.
Actually, for the past 2000 years it has been written down (known as the talmud) and is therefore open to anyone.
New Well, I'm not about to become a Talmudic schollar . .
. . especially since it's dangerous (composer Charles Valentin Morhange (Alkan) was crushed by a heavy bookcase while reaching for a volume of the Talmud).

Consequently, I will take your word (with a grain of salt) that the Talmud weasel words around the literal text to satisfy modern sensibilities.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New The talmud was written 2000 years ago...
well before modern sensibilities.
New beg to differ
Talmud 1st conference was started in 71 AD after the temple crash(I thought) BTW I have seen offers of translations into english but am leary, how valid are they or is it better to break down and learn hebrew.
thanx,
bill
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
New I was not being exact
I was giving a round number, it was actually completed and written down about the year 300.

The talmud is not in Hebrew but Aramaic, Artscroll now has a very good translation into English.
     A Jew in the Mosque. - (addison) - (26)
         I guess Christian, the Jews are just whining again, right? - (bluke) - (25)
             Well . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (22)
                 Yabut.. - (Ashton)
                 Not at all - (bluke) - (20)
                     You missed the point entirely. - (Andrew Grygus) - (12)
                         I didn't miss the point - (bluke) - (11)
                             How very convenient for you. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                                 Re: How very convenient for you. - (bluke) - (4)
                                     Well, I'm not about to become a Talmudic schollar . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                         The talmud was written 2000 years ago... - (bluke) - (2)
                                             beg to differ - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 I was not being exact - (bluke)
                             A significant detail - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                 What records? - (bluke) - (2)
                                     up early or staying up late? -NT - (boxley)
                                     That is both a mis-statement, and irrelevant - (ben_tilly)
                                 Interesting (?) side note - (wharris2)
                     Proselytizing - (ChrisR) - (6)
                         The original diciples of christ except for paul - (boxley) - (5)
                             Besides, how can you be the exclusive chosen people... - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                                 thass all right, we'd let yas come visit for a price, - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Actually, there was no fee... - (a6l6e6x)
                                 Very simple - (bluke) - (1)
                                     Thanks for the explanation. - (a6l6e6x)
             More on this - (bluke) - (1)
                 Clearly the mindset is (almost..) species-wide. - (Ashton)

Wanna Buy a Billionaire?
50 ms