IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Christian or not, makes no diff I think
I also believe that the reason those torture pictures are deemed too disturbing to release is because they are "damaging" to the agenda-in-chief (and unfortunately, its pawns in the field). But as a matter of principle, I think we should have the balls to look straight in the face of the ugly things that we are willing to vote for, pay for and benefit from. The "few good men" sausage-factory paradigm is antithetical to the concept of informed consent and personal responsability -- a necessary underpinning for democracy, and also for a working religious conscience.

If I were a religious man (and maybe I am) I would say that to suggest that in order to protect Truth, Democracy and Freedom, we must be lied into blindly trusting our leaders so they can make us do what they will, is perversion on a diabolical scale.

As someone said, it can't work to torture people into being democratic. And you can't fight cannibalism by eating the enemy.

Giovanni
Un lupo disse a Giove : - Quarche pecora
dice ch'io rubbo troppo... Ce v\ufffd un freno
per imped\ufffd che inventino 'ste chiacchiere... -
E Giove je rispose : - Rubba meno
Trilussa
(my translation:)
A wolf petitioned Zeus: "Some of the sheep say I steal too much... we need a way to stop this harmful gossip..."
Zeus's answer: "Steal less"
New Not so much
It's not so much because they are damaging to the current administration, as it is damaging to the image of America. Yes it was highly amoral, and ALL who had a part in it should be punished properly, but despite the rumors we don't know how high it went.

The problem is Americans in general aren't a bunch of sadistic criminals (many are quite friendly), but the more heinious the images that are released, the more other countries (even some that currently side with us) will see us (all of us) as such.

We've already seen at least one example of the hatred that the mild images have produced. What kind of hatred would the truly disturbing pictures have on the rest of the world?

We're already losing too many soldiers, we don't need to be losing civilian contractors whose only sin was wanting to help raise the living standards in Iraq.
~~~)-Steven----

"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country..."

General George S. Patton
New Agree wholeheartedly.
"Too disturbing..." because it might cut into shrub's "rally behind the selected resident" and "speak with one voice" messages. Without fear, he has nothing; without the illusion that we were unfairly singled out he has nothing; without the moral high ground, he has nothing. When more people realize that "support our troops" does NOT mean "support their CIC," he's in more trouble than he's in right now.

So we should have the balls. Apparently, though, we should not have the choice.

How would it have been if Gibson told a variation on the Passion, wherin Jesus _did_ call on that host of angels, and instead of just rescuing him from the cross, they seriously torture some Romans?

FAQ! We're scrod!
     New torture pictures too disturbing to disseminate - (GBert) - (18)
         Re: New torture pictures too disturbing to disseminate - (rickw) - (3)
             Christian or not, makes no diff I think - (GBert) - (2)
                 Not so much - (Steven A S)
                 Agree wholeheartedly. - (rickw)
         My guess is - (Nightowl)
         They just need to set expectations correctly - (ben_tilly) - (12)
             Ben, that web site ... - (dmarker) - (11)
                 No problem for secure browsers. - (pwhysall)
                 Sorry - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                     I have 1 PC with IE - (dmarker) - (2)
                         My apologies again - (ben_tilly)
                         You CAN lock down IE. - (Silverlock)
                 Figures. - (rickw) - (5)
                     Not really hard - (jake123) - (4)
                         Re: Not really hard - (rickw) - (3)
                             Well, what I was trying to say was - (jake123) - (2)
                                 If virtue were a cheese shop - (Ashton)
                                 Good points. - (rickw)

Filtering out the sesame seeds.
50 ms