IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Various responses.
1) RPC server exploits: Don't think so, as I've applied every patch and anti-virus update there is. Plus, I had ZoneAlarm on it within 5 minutes of connecting. I'm pretty security-anal. The various applications that won't run are fairly standard ones -- Photoshop Elements, Minolta slide-scanning app, etc. They quit working, reboot, they work. That seems like a typical Windows-tripping-over-its-own-feet thing.

2) Linux: I'm afraid the requisite apps still aren't there yet. E.g., SPSS or similar, EndNote, Adobe/CorelDraw, surface mapping. Can't live with 'em.

I actually had Win2k at work functioning pretty well for a long time. Now they've given me XP and it's problems, problems, problems. Why should I have to wait another 2-3 years before they get yet another OS stable enough to use properly, only to screw it up again?

At the moment, I'm working on converting everything I have to Mac-compatible software and planning on the Big Move with my next purchase. I just have yet to see why everybody (in the press at least) is saying how wonderful XP is.

Okay, maybe compared to ME.
New sounds exactly like the setup my friend had
slide scanner and photoshop, he could do less every day until it froze and he would reboot. Over a period of weeks forget about it reboots wouldnt help. It would be reload the OS. I still here him screaming "I just want the fucking thing to work!!" painful
thanx,
bill
In Bush\ufffds America, fighting terrorism abroad is used as a pretext for vanquishing civil liberties at home. David Podvin
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Re: sounds exactly like the setup my friend had
"I just want the fucking thing to work!!"

Well, in my case it's more like "Why won't you just do what I fucking tell you to do?!"

Althuogh the problems predate Adobe being installed.
New Re: Various responses.
Download the latest ENTIRE service pack and reapply it. Reapply it every time you install another application.

Once you boot up, go to Windows Update and install until nothing is left.
-drl
     Serious question. - (acagle) - (23)
         I haven't had much trouble with XPH - (Another Scott)
         What do you consider your NEEDS? - (folkert)
         I had a person with 3 machines convinced that XP would solve - (boxley)
         Serious Answer. - (pwhysall) - (7)
             OT: You're a funny fellow. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                 I do not. - (pwhysall) - (5)
                     you want windows - (boxley) - (4)
                         Re: you want windows - (pwhysall) - (3)
                             experience enough that when Da and Ma leave the house - (boxley) - (2)
                                 And the Cat-5 cable under the kid's matress? -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     If they are smart enough to score one, let em -NT - (boxley)
         XP is - (deSitter)
         Re: Serious question. - (deSitter) - (4)
             Wot 'ee said. -NT - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                 Does indeed sound like the problem - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     Windows XP is a wonderfully reliable and stable application - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         ...too bad we asked for an OS ;) -NT - (FuManChu)
         Various responses. - (acagle) - (3)
             sounds exactly like the setup my friend had - (boxley) - (1)
                 Re: sounds exactly like the setup my friend had - (acagle)
             Re: Various responses. - (deSitter)
         Re: Serious question. - (qstephens) - (1)
             Default XP firewall will work as well. - (inthane-chan)

SYS$BLASPHEMER!
174 ms