IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Its too hard to differentiate
"I don't think it's the religion you hate, it's the people who practice it so badly."

I don't disagree with this. I don't exactly hate the mess, but I do my best to stay away from it.

Look at it this way. I might have a nice little reflecting pool in my back yard. The pool provides some enjoyment, put in some nice goldfish, maybe watch the birds stop in to drink. Plenty of positives there. But stagnant water breeds mosquitoes too. Despite the plusses, if I find myself getting stung every evening when I go into the back yard, I'm apt to figure that the plusses don't make up for the minuses and I'm going to do away with the source of my discomfort. Sorry fish, sorry birds, take it up with the mosquitoes. (Having a sister who has contracted Lyme disease, my dislike for mosquitoes is intense).

I suspect therein lies Ashton's viewpoint. Religious tolerance overtaxed. Best to just do away with the whole mess.

"I believe that many of the systems we build today in Java would be better built in Smalltalk and Gemstone."

-- Martin Fowler, JAOO 2003
New Admirably encapsulated!
Yes, IMO - it's been a failure for the species.

How many more I-Believe Wars will be needed -- to ratify that observation?

(And.. how many more can the planet of living things tolerate? now that we have bent our minds to creating literal Doomsday Weapons in the usual massive profusion which characterizes an infantile notion of 'security' (as managed by a Corporation geared to profit$))

Nice simile.. almost prompts extending to an animated allegory

Ashton
New Lyme disease is caused by Tics? You hating the wrong insect?
stick a spork in it.

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New No - wait - what's the one going around in mosquitoes?
The one that causes encephalitis? Oh - West Nile. Sorry. That's what she got - a year of headaches and weakness for a follow on to the original encephalitis attack.

"I believe that many of the systems we build today in Java would be better built in Smalltalk and Gemstone."

-- Martin Fowler, JAOO 2003
New that one is bad and we get it around here as well :(
stick a spork in it.

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     [Something] must be Crazy... - (Ashton) - (16)
         It's all economics - (ben_tilly) - (1)
             Yes but.. it's the competition mantra - (Ashton)
         If you can't agree that people are evil... - (gdaustin) - (11)
             I want to alter that last part... - (Nightowl) - (4)
                 A quote you'll like. - (static) - (3)
                     Re: A quote you'll like. - (Nightowl) - (2)
                         Oh how well do I know that problem... - (static) - (1)
                             Well my goal was... - (Nightowl)
             Its too hard to differentiate - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                 Admirably encapsulated! - (Ashton)
                 Lyme disease is caused by Tics? You hating the wrong insect? -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                     No - wait - what's the one going around in mosquitoes? - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                         that one is bad and we get it around here as well :( -NT - (boxley)
             Re: If you can't agree that people are evil... - (Ashton)
         you mean chicoms are christians? - (boxley) - (1)
             Yup.. it's a Fundamental(ist) issue - nondenominational. - (Ashton)

Let the spreading of TV dinners on the roads begin!
47 ms