Yes, I'm a Christian in word, and I try to be in deed, also. I want next year to be about helping people as much as we can, 'cause the world ain't gettin' any better.

I agree, Glen. I'm also a Christian, and I can't do a lot financially, but I do what I can when I can, in other ways, and when I can do something financially, I do. When the last church before mine now, closed, they left us money to distribute to either the needy or another church. I gave a fellow Affinity member some of that money when her husband had a heartattack, and she had 4 kids and was in financial straits, and I distributed the remaining money to my current church over time.

But I help in other ways, or I try to. I try to help people by being there for them, by praying for them, by listening to them. If they need a ride somewhere and I can manage it, I do that. If they need something done that's complicated, like dealing with the FCC for a phone slamming issue, I do that.

I don't do it for reward or glory or money. I don't even really do it for the thanks, I do it because it's what I SHOULD do if I can. Fortunately though, I have also learned the difference between genuinely helping people in need and being taken advantage of, because once upon a time, I was in the position of the latter.

I don't know much about Islam or Muslems, but I never lump one group of people together for anything and claim they believe the same thing or are the same way. Not even Christians, because many Christians have diverse beliefs also. Each believer believes in his religion in his/her own way, and practices it according to his interpretations of what is expected.

I figure if more people helped one another, and practiced more tolerance and acceptance of others differences, within reason, the world would be a better place.

Nightowl >8#