IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It won't be called that
in my (admittedly limited) experience, at least. Look for IBM* perhaps? The encodings I'm talking about were all based on "standards" set by IBM back in the '70s and '80s.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New right - look in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/encodings
ibm-cp437.enc.gz etc.

Unfortunately that doesn't work :/

The "10x20" xterm console font seems to understand linedraw characters without further muckage. So

xterm -fn 10x20

Also simply appending -u8 (make the xterm understand Unicode-8) seems to work with any font having linedraw characters - e.g. Andale Mono, Lucida Console, Courier New..so use the "-fa" option for a TT font and do

xterm -fa "Andale Mono" -fs 12 -u8

-fs is font size in points, of course.

You need X > 4.2 to get an xterm that understands Xft. A modern Red Hat probably has it.

As for console fonts - I use the Neomagic framebuffer device on my laptop and have the sun12x22 console font compiled into the fbcon module. This has line draw capability under ISO-8859-1 without munging anything. The standard VGA font should as well.
-drl
     DOS style text graphics in a terminal window? - (SpiceWare) - (16)
         It's an endless problem. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
             PuTTY on Windows - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 Yeah, the trouble is . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     It's the very model of any modern major emulator! -NT - (folkert)
         Re: DOS style text graphics in a terminal window? - (deSitter)
         What you need then is an ANSI font file with IBM PC graphics - (orion)
         I've seen exactly that - (jake123)
         It's the font, stupid. - (kmself)
         minor update - (SpiceWare) - (2)
             It won't be called that - (jake123) - (1)
                 right - look in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/encodings - (deSitter)
         While fixing another issue.. - (deSitter)
         minor update 2 - (SpiceWare)
         New Sourceforge project you should look at Gtermix - (orion) - (1)
             Thanx! -NT - (SpiceWare)
         interesting update - (SpiceWare)

And if I'm just going for effect, I might as well wear a tie. And pants.
32 ms