I jumped into this discussion without checking the other links. Understood now. Sorry for the noise.

I understand the need to want to try to understand the "why's" of this tragedy, but I don't think fascism can be intellectualized. I think I was reacting more to the post you were responding to. Not that I disagree that many of these monsters were "our" creation, that also means that these monsters are our responsibility. I understand that there are many "tweeners" out there... I.E. "countries that harbor terrorists"... by that broad definition, we would have to attack ourselves, because we harbored some of the pilots for years before September 11.

I honestly believe that our government is targeting known terrorists organizations right now... Ones they have known about for years but feared to do anything about them because of the potential for negative world opinion. They now have carte blanche to take care of business as they see fit. I expect that our leaders will act brutally, swiftly, and very openly... This retaliation is to serve as a deterrent to future "wannabe" terrorists or any countries that would harbor them in the way that the Taliban are permitting Bin Laden. That is just my interpretation...