IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New NO!
What do you mean "allow".

I mean "looked the other way when we could've taken them out", as some were recommending we should do. The 'other post' I referred to is [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=10109| here] which links to an article [link|http://www.politicsol.com/guest-commentaries/2001-09-18.html|here] which makes the point that
For years, I begged the previous administration, our government, to support those resisting the Taliban regime, to support the former King Zahir Shah, and to let him head an interim government until a more democratic process could be put in place. This was an alternative we had. Instead, the only response that I got from the previous administration was stonewalling, stonewalling that and stonewalling my request to find out what the government's real policies were.

In other words, to call these subhuman cowards "freedom fighters"

I didn't call the Taliban freedom fighters,; my point was that there are other groups in the world (IRA? Basque Seperatists in Spain?) who some one consider 'terrorists' and others would consider not.
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New Thanks for the clarification...
I jumped into this discussion without checking the other links. Understood now. Sorry for the noise.

I understand the need to want to try to understand the "why's" of this tragedy, but I don't think fascism can be intellectualized. I think I was reacting more to the post you were responding to. Not that I disagree that many of these monsters were "our" creation, that also means that these monsters are our responsibility. I understand that there are many "tweeners" out there... I.E. "countries that harbor terrorists"... by that broad definition, we would have to attack ourselves, because we harbored some of the pilots for years before September 11.

I honestly believe that our government is targeting known terrorists organizations right now... Ones they have known about for years but feared to do anything about them because of the potential for negative world opinion. They now have carte blanche to take care of business as they see fit. I expect that our leaders will act brutally, swiftly, and very openly... This retaliation is to serve as a deterrent to future "wannabe" terrorists or any countries that would harbor them in the way that the Taliban are permitting Bin Laden. That is just my interpretation...
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

"Putting the fun back into funatic"
     What did you think of the President's speech? -NT - (brettj) - (43)
         At least he identified the enemy... - (gdaustin) - (3)
             Are you suggesting all these countries ... - (brettj) - (2)
                 I certainly hope not! - (gdaustin) - (1)
                     This is what the terrorists hoped for: Jihad - (brettj)
         Pure poetry... - (screamer) - (1)
             Speech writer knew what she was doing and.. - (Ashton)
         One concern - (Fearless Freep) - (36)
             What about Israel's terrorist attacks on Palestineans? - (mmoffitt) - (35)
                 So...its our fault, right? - (bepatient) - (10)
                     Reading for Content 101. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                         All that that list attempts to do... - (bepatient) - (8)
                             Re: All that that list attempts to do... - (TTC) - (5)
                                 Very Well Said. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                 Seen this coming? - (bepatient) - (3)
                                     It's one thing to understand 'their' motivations, - (Ashton) - (2)
                                         Well I guess it just depends... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                             Yes it seems than bin-L's beef is quite provincial.. - (Ashton)
                             Nonsense. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 You seem to have a problem... - (bepatient)
                 That was my point - (Fearless Freep) - (6)
                     NO! - (screamer) - (4)
                         NO! - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                             Thanks for the clarification... - (screamer)
                         wait a minute.. - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                             Well, I took the liberty of implying that they - (screamer)
                     I guess the Taliban didn't benefit from the... - (mmoffitt)
                 A counterpoint. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Well put. - (mmoffitt)
                 Get your facts straight - (bluke) - (14)
                     Don't bother them... - (bepatient) - (9)
                         Not the Bad Guys, just not the Completely Innocent. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         Re: Don't bother them... - (TTC) - (7)
                             Re: Don't bother them... - (addison) - (5)
                                 Ah. There's the rub. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                     It is this line of reasoning... - (bepatient) - (3)
                                         So, violence, does *not* lead to more violence? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                             In this case I would have to give a qualified yes. -NT - (bepatient)
                                             Talking past each other, I think. - (Another Scott)
                             Interesting... - (bepatient)
                     I lost the mail, but here is a link. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                         Wow... - (bepatient) - (2)
                             One for you ;-) - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 He has a web site? - (bepatient)

Good thing it smells like Kung Pao Tofu instead of like Greg's ears.
111 ms