IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Excuse me, but I don't quite understand.
The Benjamin of the Tillys:
I was well aware that Benjamin [...] is commonly used for the youngest son
Uh, colour me stupid if you will (or sleep-deprived -- I've been up since three thirty this morning, after less than two hours of tossing and turning) but what do you mean by "is commonly used for the youngest son"?

That is, I'm not quite sure whether you meant that sons one is determined will remain one's last offspring are often given the name Benjamin... Or that one speaks of "our Benjamin", meaning "our youngest", even when the offspring in question isn't actually *named* Benjamin.

What I meant by "there is a *concept*" [quoting myself from memory] was the latter. Did you mean the former, or are you saying the latter exists "as a concept" in English too?

Blearily yours,

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New I meant...
..that sons one is determined will remain one's last offspring are often given the name Benjamin. And yes, my mother was determined that I would not be followed by any more.

I have never (until now) heard of someone using "Benjamin" as a generic term for a youngest son.

Cheers,
Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
     My name in Chinese... - (ben_tilly) - (21)
         Buy him a T-Shirt - (kmself) - (1)
             LOL - (cwbrenn)
         On the other hand, in Japanese... - (a6l6e6x)
         also means son as in jeshua ben joseph - (boxley) - (17)
             I am last - (ben_tilly) - (16)
                 In many languages (OK, in German), "a Benjamin"... - (CRConrad) - (15)
                     Actually I am named for my mother's uncle - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                         Excuse me, but I don't quite understand. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             I meant... - (ben_tilly)
                     LOL! :-) - (static) - (1)
                         Glad to have been able to do *something* good for you! :-) -NT - (CRConrad)
                     Re: In many languages (OK, in German), "a Benjamin"... - (rcareaga) - (9)
                         No no no, sorry, I have to confess... - (CRConrad) - (6)
                             You might be a bit optimistic... - (rcareaga) - (5)
                                 not a lot but here is a few nominations - (boxley)
                                 Second on Vonnegut - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     Not certain about Vonnegut - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                         Ah yessss.. readin Clea around the swimmin pool.. - (Ashton)
                                 No one - (drewk)
                         Re: In many languages (OK, in German), "a Benjamin"... - (deSitter) - (1)
                             Re: In many languages (OK, in German), "a Benjamin"... - (rcareaga)

Werd.
110 ms