IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks.
My 10 year old is reading Gulliver's Travels right now ;-)
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New Well.. as it was written for adults
with a ton of tongue.. only partly in-cheek: you may have to explain a bit of the polit. history of Jolly Olde .. before s/he gets it. OTOH - how Could one explain all that to a 10 yo? Maybe just enjoy the imagery, for the first time around. Plenty of time to grok to fullness a few years down the pike.

:-\ufffd
New The first time I read it, I was 10.
She's going slow at it. But asking a ton of questions with each page ;-)
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
     good ol kanader - (boxley) - (8)
         Yep, the fine sports tradition of - (jake123) - (2)
             the crowds assaulting the bus is trash talking? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 What crowd assaulting the bus? - (jake123)
         Oops! Better to read the article first. Mea Culpa. Although. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
             Nice sig. there.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                 Thanks. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     Well.. as it was written for adults - (Ashton) - (1)
                         The first time I read it, I was 10. - (mmoffitt)

I fell in love with my manservant, who was
actually the disguised twin sister of the
man that my former love secretly married,
having mistaken him for my manservant who
was wooing her on my behalf whilst secretly
in love with me.

61 ms