IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Understood.
And there is no dark corner of hell hot enough for them all to burn in.
bcnu,
Mikem

Osama bin Laden's brother could fly in US airspace 9/15/01, but I had to wait for FBI and CIA background checks, 'nuff said?
New But...
..its not illegal ;-)
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New But...
...it's not really a War either - since only Congress can Constitutionally declare a War.

Since we can't call it a War, let's call it something like a "Peace Action".
New Technically...
...it's a continuation of Desert Storm, due to Iraq's continual breaking of the cease-fire agreement, we don't have to follow it anymore either....
New Correct me if I'm wrong...
...but technically Desert Storm wasn't a declared War either.
New Congress can't really declare a War anymore...
Because many loan and insurance documents contain legal language with the phrase "Act of War".

If a war is declared many insurance policies are null and void. Insurers can't insure for war, banks and finance companies cannot loan money if insurance can't be obtained.

Heck, some bank/finance companies may even hold the right to demand notes be paid off at the declaration of war.

So, I think the reason no war has been declared since 1941 is because we owe too much money, and we can't afford the consequences.
New These Acts of War cover....
...both Declared and Undeclared Wars. Indeed, there was some discussion after 9-11 by the Insurance Companies to not pay the policies based on it being an Act of War. The reason they didn't wasn't because the policies were bound to a formal Congressional Declaration, but rather it would have been a public relations disaster for the companies (inviting intense scrutiny in the future).

At any rate, we still can't technically call these things Wars.
New Wrong. Congress cannot obsolve itself of its duty.
bcnu,
Mikem

Osama bin Laden's brother could fly in US airspace 9/15/01, but I had to wait for FBI and CIA background checks, 'nuff said?
New Im pro the war but On the legalities you are right
the debate was silent for fear of political backlash, a buncha craven cowards.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

Since corporations are the equivelent of human but they have no "concience" they are by definition sociopaths
     Illegal war? as in Illegal because congress didnt delare it - (boxley) - (27)
         Yes, I am a citizen of the United States. - (mmoffitt) - (19)
             fair enuff, thanx -NT - (boxley)
             Speaking of which. - (ChrisR) - (6)
                 The French are better Americans than we are. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                     D00d...relax -NT - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                         RELAX - HELL! - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                             If you believe in Democracy (or even a Republic) - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                 You know what bothers me about that? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                     <chuckle> you do pick the good ones, don't you? - (Simon_Jester)
             But, the US Congress gave Bush a blank check! - (a6l6e6x) - (10)
                 Understood. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                     But... - (bepatient) - (7)
                         But... - (ChrisR) - (4)
                             Technically... - (cybermace5) - (3)
                                 Correct me if I'm wrong... - (ChrisR) - (2)
                                     Congress can't really declare a War anymore... - (gdaustin) - (1)
                                         These Acts of War cover.... - (ChrisR)
                         Wrong. Congress cannot obsolve itself of its duty. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             Im pro the war but On the legalities you are right - (boxley)
                 There's no blank check. Congress controls the checkbook. - (Another Scott)
         Told you, you wanted 1441... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
             nothing in 1441 abrogated 678 - (boxley)
         Been addressed already. - (Brandioch) - (4)
             ROFL dont beleive the salesman, read the contract -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                 You skipped reading that article again, didn't you? -NT - (Brandioch) - (2)
                     yes, I read your quote and replied to that - (boxley) - (1)
                         Yep, I thought so. Again. -NT - (Brandioch)