IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The French are better Americans than we are.
The major problem I have is that we, the guiding light of democracy, were the sole nation not to have a debate. HELL, Blair had the most to lose, didn't have to have a debate, but still did. Parliments the world over debated this issue. But us? Nope. We sElected a King who could use his imperial army any way he saw fit.

And GOD! the SILENCE ON THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE EVEN FOR A SKEPTIC LIKE ME! But Dickey-boy's old buddies at Halliburton HAVE ALREADY MADE MONEY ON THIS WAR!

CHRIST ALMIGHTY! WHERE IN HELL IS THE OUTRAGE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
bcnu,
Mikem

Osama bin Laden's brother could fly in US airspace 9/15/01, but I had to wait for FBI and CIA background checks, 'nuff said?
New D00d...relax
New RELAX - HELL!
These neo-fasciti are having people killed IN MY NAME (they are defending me, aren't they) so that the obscenely wealthy can make themselves even more obscenely wealthy and YOU want ME to RELAX?
bcnu,
Mikem

Osama bin Laden's brother could fly in US airspace 9/15/01, but I had to wait for FBI and CIA background checks, 'nuff said?
New If you believe in Democracy (or even a Republic)
wouldn't you agree that there will be times, when you as a citizen will find that your view on issues does not correspond to the view of others?

(I know I have)

I think that, depending on the system (Democracy/Republic), that we have agreed that in these instances, the view represented by the system (the people as a whole/the representative) will represent the whole. (That's not to say that a person's view isn't important or that they shouldn't be moved by it or that they shouldn't express it.)

So, what happens when one's view differs from the whole?

I think that one they then have 3 options that I've been able to see:

1. They can do nothing - recognize that their view does not represent the system and live with it as best they can. (We live in an imperfect world)
  2. They can actively try to change others view by empathesising elements that are the basis of their own view in an effect to change the view of the whole.
  3. They can work themselves up in a lather - becoming more and more emotional involved - possibly driving them to act in an unwise fashion. (I like to term this one : The Rush Limbaugh-Clinton effect. ;-)

I think the 3rd may be counter-productive. I suspect the 2nd is the most-productive and that the 1st is the easist on the gut.

YMMV.
New You know what bothers me about that?
Which category did the "Good German People of 1938-1941" fall into?
bcnu,
Mikem

New <chuckle> you do pick the good ones, don't you?
Yeah, there's a risk there...but it's part of being a citizen, imo.

(I'm left wondering about the Good Germany People back then who stated they were too busy to get involved in Politics)

There are other examples as well, though - from Sufferage to Civil Rights to others, people have worked to change others views....sometimes they succeed.
     Illegal war? as in Illegal because congress didnt delare it - (boxley) - (27)
         Yes, I am a citizen of the United States. - (mmoffitt) - (19)
             fair enuff, thanx -NT - (boxley)
             Speaking of which. - (ChrisR) - (6)
                 The French are better Americans than we are. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                     D00d...relax -NT - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                         RELAX - HELL! - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                             If you believe in Democracy (or even a Republic) - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                 You know what bothers me about that? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                     <chuckle> you do pick the good ones, don't you? - (Simon_Jester)
             But, the US Congress gave Bush a blank check! - (a6l6e6x) - (10)
                 Understood. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                     But... - (bepatient) - (7)
                         But... - (ChrisR) - (4)
                             Technically... - (cybermace5) - (3)
                                 Correct me if I'm wrong... - (ChrisR) - (2)
                                     Congress can't really declare a War anymore... - (gdaustin) - (1)
                                         These Acts of War cover.... - (ChrisR)
                         Wrong. Congress cannot obsolve itself of its duty. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             Im pro the war but On the legalities you are right - (boxley)
                 There's no blank check. Congress controls the checkbook. - (Another Scott)
         Told you, you wanted 1441... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
             nothing in 1441 abrogated 678 - (boxley)
         Been addressed already. - (Brandioch) - (4)
             ROFL dont beleive the salesman, read the contract -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                 You skipped reading that article again, didn't you? -NT - (Brandioch) - (2)
                     yes, I read your quote and replied to that - (boxley) - (1)
                         Yep, I thought so. Again. -NT - (Brandioch)

... should the Index Book of Everything in the Library contain a listing for
... The Index Book?
... which is also in the Library.
... or would that belong in the Meta-Index..
... or The List of Lists...
... or The Index of Indices....
... which Cannot be placed In The Library.....!
... (but only in the Meta-Library???)

93 ms