IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New ya gotta think outside the box :-)
Day one computers shift data. Flat files VSAM Hashed tables. The OS and network is just an entry to the data. Relational came a long with the OS and network using client server to connect keyboard to database. I see in 7 years instead of relational/object databases, distributed databases. Imagine an LDAP like object that from login to logout is inside a table. Applications are subtables. Data resides wherever the resources are allocated and the master table tracks links. OS consists of a mini kernel that talks and listens ip and does IO.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]</br>

To a lot of people in California hunting anything but the wild tofualope was equivelent to sacarificing babies to satan. S.M. Stirling
New So when this happens will OO be considered "legacy"?
The world is only a simple place to the simple.
New what is an object? its a method of manipulating data
all binaries, compilers etc are data sets and as such can be loaded into a "cell" inside a table. If you think about it under unix everything is a file. Where it is, is contained under the Inode table. On Dos it is in the FAT(file allocation table) In win, its the registry. We are 1/2 way there.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]</br>

To a lot of people in California hunting anything but the wild tofualope was equivelent to sacarificing babies to satan. S.M. Stirling
New It's something that can move around self-contained
-drl
New It's a thingy..____you silly.
New OK, Bryce: When did Bill give you his zIWT password to use?
     Can an Open-Source Database Threaten MS, Oracle, and IBM? - (lincoln) - (67)
         Nope. - (ChrisR) - (1)
             Agree entirely. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Yes - (drewk)
         Free stripped down versions of other SQL databases - (orion)
         Only at the Low End of the Spectrum... - (gdaustin) - (58)
             Hmmm Glen... you looked at SAPDB? - (folkert) - (17)
                 Re: Hmmm Glen... you looked at SAPDB? - (gdaustin) - (2)
                     How expensive is the DB2 support? - (folkert) - (1)
                         Re: How expensive is the DB2 support? - (gdaustin)
                 Looked. Then look away - (broomberg) - (13)
                     Barry... Barry - (folkert) - (12)
                         Greg ... Greg ... Greg - (broomberg) - (11)
                             *chuckle* Boys, boys! - (imric)
                             BLAH...BLAH...BLAH... - (folkert) - (9)
                                 Ahh, an actual debate - (broomberg) - (7)
                                     Yes but you still missed it... - (folkert) - (6)
                                         No, I see it - (broomberg) - (3)
                                             Economy of SCALE... - (folkert) - (2)
                                                 This says it all - (broomberg) - (1)
                                                     If that is the only thing you read... - (folkert)
                                         Where are you getting $120K for 3 16way machines? - (gdaustin) - (1)
                                             He might be getting it - (broomberg)
                                 Re: BLAH...BLAH...BLAH... - (deSitter)
             Read _The Innovator's Dilemma_, please - (ben_tilly) - (38)
                 Don't agree - (broomberg) - (37)
                     We will see - (ben_tilly) - (36)
                         I agree with your time frame - (broomberg) - (35)
                             by 2010 I expect the network to be the database - (boxley) - (15)
                                 Wow, I'm gone a few hours - (gdaustin)
                                 Database Prognostication - (gdaustin)
                                 In the year 2525.... -NT - (Silverlock) - (4)
                                     One of my favorite songs that are never played anymore... -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                         Beats me why it's not considered a "classic" -NT - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                             How sad - (deSitter)
                                             It is. - (bepatient)
                                 Re: by 2010 I expect the network to be the database - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                                     Bwahahahahahaha. "Jetsons". *snort* SO true, SO true. -NT - (tseliot)
                                     ya gotta think outside the box :-) - (boxley) - (5)
                                         So when this happens will OO be considered "legacy"? -NT - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                             what is an object? its a method of manipulating data - (boxley) - (2)
                                                 It's something that can move around self-contained -NT - (deSitter)
                                                 It's a thingy..____you silly. -NT - (Ashton)
                                         OK, Bryce: When did Bill give you his zIWT password to use? -NT - (CRConrad)
                             I think that I have a reasonable bet... - (ben_tilly) - (18)
                                 I don't trust "division" reports - (broomberg) - (17)
                                     We have a problem then - (ben_tilly) - (16)
                                         Cadiallacs vs. Hondas - (gdaustin) - (15)
                                             BARRY... this is the BINGO. - (folkert) - (14)
                                                 But it is not what you said - (broomberg) - (13)
                                                     No *YOU* can't because you won;t risk that neck of yours... - (folkert) - (12)
                                                         Sigh - (broomberg) - (11)
                                                             Translation - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                                                                 Huh? - (broomberg) - (6)
                                                                     Explanation... - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                                                         I started on mainframes, too... - (gdaustin)
                                                                         Um.... - (slugbug) - (3)
                                                                             You know, use and like mainframes - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                                                 Categorization is a dangerous thing - (slugbug) - (1)
                                                                                     *Exclusive* categorization is dangerous IMO - (ben_tilly)
                                                             Dont know your vendor but - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                 Small vendor - (broomberg) - (1)
                                                                     understood and sympathise -NT - (boxley)
             PGSQL Replication is available - (tuberculosis)
         I've been saying "five years" for about two years now - (kmself) - (3)
             OT: "supplant" is a synonym for "replace". - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 What I want to know is... - (kmself) - (1)
                     Well, I used to confuse supplant with supplement. -NT - (a6l6e6x)

The genius of it is that it was designed for any idiot to use.
125 ms