IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What is the best response to terrorists attacks?
Swift retailiation?
Nuke the entire country that is responsible?
Ask the attackers not to do it again?

How about trying to solve some of the underlying issues that caused the attackers to pull such a hineous act?

That is where the rest of the world can help the U.S. in trying to get a grip on terrorism, and stopping such actions from happening in the U.S. and abroad. This is NOT a U.S. problem. It is a world problem and should be dealt with by all nations that are sickened by attacks of terrorism. It is the free world vs inhuman criminals, regardless of race or religion.

Or am I wrong?

Dan Rather quoted Mr. Lincoln as saying something to the effect that if you want the homeless from attacking your house, help them build their own shelter.
Instead of taking an eye for an eye, maybe we need to learn to get along better?
(not to say that those responsible should not be prosecuted but rather the prosocution needs to be a multi-national concern)
New Re: What is the best response to terrorist attacks?
Find out who committed this crime. If they're American, arrest them. If they're foreign, have them extradited to the US. Then try them for ten thousand counts of murder one.

Seems simple enough to me.
New Unfortunately that requres cooperation of both sides.
If the homeless person refuses to live in the house you build for them, your project isn't going to be successful.

Basically the deal here is the world must convert entirely to fundamentalist Islam to satisfy these people, and then they'll find some reason why you don't belong to the right sect of Islam, you heretic!

Unfortunately, punishing the perpetrators will not do the job. They are very few and they expect to die with assurance they'll be in paradise anyway, and there'll be plenty more coming from where those did. These'll just be martyrs for the next wave. It will be necessary to cause unnaceptable destruction to the so called "innocents" who harbor them and celebrate their acts.

We cannot defend against them. The problem must be stopped at its source, and it can only be stopped by the people who live there. They must be given a reason to do so.

You can be sure these groups are working hard to get portable nuclear weapons. Should we just wait until they have them and blow up Washington and New York entirely?

[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Well put. Unfortunately I have to agree...
Unfortunate because I wish there could be a "civilized" solution. The bully who gets rewarded by his parents continues to be a bully until a reason for him to behave comes along.
[link|mailto:jbrabeck@mn.mediaone.net|Joe]
New Don't kill the perps
Use technisc a la "84". And then present the result for all to see. Anotehr way to do an unexpected thing.
New Democracies of the world, unite!
I think the Brits will stand with us. After all, they're family. Besides, they kind of owe us. Switzerland and Sweden will hem and haw about neutrality and the UN and all that crap. France will try to go it alone and go down in flames very quickly. Germany will be paralyzed by neurotic guilt. Japan will shrug and say it's not their problem. India will go it alone while making snide comments about Western imperialism and the excesses of the capitalist system. They'll have a nuclear exchange with Pakistan that will solve their overpopulation problem in short order. Australia will get staggering drunk and sing "Waltzing Matilda" all night long. Israel will fight like a cornered rotweiller. The Irish are bound to join the fight, but it's anyone's guess on whose side. Russia will drop the last pretentions to democracy for the sake of national security.

Canada will do its part in a modest way. But Bruce Cockburn will steal a rocket launcher and defect to the enemy.

Microsoft will declare itself a sovereign nation, and then succumb to a massive script kiddie attack.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
New I was wondering,,,
How long before someone brought in Microsoft...
New I was wondering earlier...
...in a very black and conspiritorial frame of mine, if this was an attempt to either directly strike against the government in retaliation, or at least an attempt to distract everyone from the case

Speaking of cases, I heard that one of bin Laden's lieutenant was scheduled to be sentanced, in New York, some time this week. Any corroboration?
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New Look at the date
you can tell why they picked this date.

Sept 9th - 9/11 - or 911 the Emergancy Number we use to call for help in the USA. That way we will remember it. The 911 day, the day that New York and Washington got hit with "Plane-Bombs".

Picking up the pieces of my broken life.
New Re: Look at the date
In all the European countries I was either stationed in or visited, the date would have been written as 11/9.

How about the Asian countries?
New I say that we need to take action on this
we need to hit those Terrorist camps. Come on we have the USA which has the best sattelite tracking system known to the human race, which should be able to play "Peeping Tom" on nude women sunbathers on any beach, they most likely can be able to search out terrorist camps. Find those camps, send in the troops, take prisoners or kill them. Hit them hard, and make sure that they will never bother us again.

Remember that Navy ship that got hit with the dingy full of explosives? We apparently didn't learn our lesson from that. We let the Terrorists get away with mass murder, and now they apparently have done it again.

So now, oh let's forgive them and go over there and build them houses and stuff, and give them free food and clothing and medicine because a few of their countrymen decided to commit mass murder and destroy billions of dollars worth of property? Ok, what if we do forgive them, and then do all the stuff they want. What is to say they don't have more terrorists attacks because they want Israel for themselves and they want everyone else out?

At the time I am posting this, we do not know what group or country has done these evil deeds. But one thing is for sure, it cannot go unpunished.

Picking up the pieces of my broken life.
New Weapons of mass destruction: envelope openers & rubr dingies
>> So now, oh let's forgive them and go over there and build them houses and stuff, and give them free food and clothing and medicine because a few of their countrymen decided to commit mass murder and <<

What "country"?

Fuzzy targets, just like Vietnam.

I say hurry up and colonize Mars, so that they can only destroy half of humanity at a time. Garage nukes are just around the corner.
         Unfortunately that requres cooperation of both sides. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             Well put. Unfortunately I have to agree... - (jbrabeck)
             Don't kill the perps - (Arkadiy)
         Democracies of the world, unite! - (marlowe) - (4)
             I was wondering,,, - (jbrabeck) - (3)
                 I was wondering earlier... - (Fearless Freep) - (2)
                     Look at the date - (orion) - (1)
                         Re: Look at the date - (jbrabeck)
         I say that we need to take action on this - (orion) - (1)
             Weapons of mass destruction: envelope openers & rubr dingies - (tablizer)

He done made them there squiggly lines into WORDS!
58 ms